Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-01-07

Does XBMC's internal player play these movies back?
Where are the files located, Server/NAS?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - diverdiner - 2013-01-07

All the media files are on NAS.

I'll have to test whether internal player plays this. How can I do that (rename playercorefactory?)

Thank you.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-01-07

Yes rename it to test the internal player.
Do you have the NAS shared movie folder mapped to a drive letter in Windows?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - diverdiner - 2013-01-07

Internal player could not play the directory.
I have to go into the BDMV folder and select the index.bdmv file to play.

It was using NFS.
I map the media to a drive Z: but still same issue, so no matter its NFS or SMB still the same.

I tried another movie warrior and select it, it looks like the internal player was cycling through something (flashing "working..." at the bottom right) and then it open something and play.
It did not go direct to play the index.bdmv file.

Think something is wrong with the XBMC installation?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-06, 16:47)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 15:02)Ghostdivision Wrote: Thanks for your reply, will give this a go.

I suppose I only need one.

Boy they really made this complicated.

For 3d its all iso, but for my 1080i vc-1 it was in bdmv format, I guess I convert the vc-1 bdmv folders to iso.

Yes, it has made it awkward.

Before you start converting, try the changes I have posted, it should work fine, the batch file is longer and more complicated, but will not slow down the process.

If you do decide to just use ISO, then follow the same steps except you don't need to change your current PlayISO.bat.

Iso is working great, have not had luck with bdmv unfortunately, xbmc minimizes and tmt wont launch, but for iso it seems to work fine. Might double check the path, but it looks proper.

(2013-01-07, 10:31)Ghostdivision Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 16:47)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 15:02)Ghostdivision Wrote: Thanks for your reply, will give this a go.

I suppose I only need one.

Boy they really made this complicated.

For 3d its all iso, but for my 1080i vc-1 it was in bdmv format, I guess I convert the vc-1 bdmv folders to iso.

Yes, it has made it awkward.

Before you start converting, try the changes I have posted, it should work fine, the batch file is longer and more complicated, but will not slow down the process.

If you do decide to just use ISO, then follow the same steps except you don't need to change your current PlayISO.bat.

Iso is working great, have not had luck with bdmv unfortunately, xbmc minimizes and tmt wont launch, but for iso it seems to work fine. Might double check the path, but it looks proper.

In the ISO player could you change this
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
to False

This will let you check if the batch file launches, you should see the command box popup if it does.

Let me know if it does, if it does then there is something wrong with the batch file I posted for you, we can fix it though.
If the batch file doesn't popup could you post a XBMC log.

(2013-01-07, 03:45)diverdiner Wrote: Internal player could not play the directory.
I have to go into the BDMV folder and select the index.bdmv file to play.

It was using NFS.
I map the media to a drive Z: but still same issue, so no matter its NFS or SMB still the same.

I tried another movie warrior and select it, it looks like the internal player was cycling through something (flashing "working..." at the bottom right) and then it open something and play.
It did not go direct to play the index.bdmv file.

Think something is wrong with the XBMC installation?

Could you post the output from playbdmv.bat again when the media is mapped, and if possible can you create a debug log and post it at pastebin

Thanks acejh1987

I made some progress.

Installed TMT5 and have it play BDMV.
I have to select the index.bdmv file in xbmc and the entire movie directory is now parsing correctly in playbdmv.bat to TMT5 to play.

Ended up well with bd menu. 8)

(2013-01-07, 12:26)diverdiner Wrote: Thanks acejh1987

I made some progress.

I have to select the index.bdmv file in xbmc and the entire movie directory is now parsing correctly in playbdmv.bat to TMT5 to play.

Great, but you shouldn't have to manually select index.bdmv, you should just play a movie from the movie library and XBMC should automatically send index.bdmv to the external player.

Did you add you mapped drive (Z) as a source in XBMC?

(2013-01-07, 12:41)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 12:26)diverdiner Wrote: Thanks acejh1987

I made some progress.

Great, but you shouldn't have to manually select index.bdmv, you should just play a movie from the movie library and XBMC should automatically send index.bdmv to the external player.

Did you add you mapped drive (Z) as a source in XBMC?

Nope. Its still NFS. Something like this:
\\10.8.16.216\volume1\media\movie\Book_of_Eli

(2013-01-07, 12:55)diverdiner Wrote: Nope. Its still NFS. Something like this:

Is the NAS shared folder definitely mapped to a drive letter in windows?
The location should show something like Z:\movie\Book_of_Eli

Here's an example of a NAS folder mapped to a drive in 'My Computer' will look like

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - diverdiner - 2013-01-08

(2013-01-07, 16:16)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 12:55)diverdiner Wrote: Nope. Its still NFS. Something like this:

Is the NAS shared folder definitely mapped to a drive letter in windows?
The location should show something like Z:\movie\Book_of_Eli

Here's an example of a NAS folder mapped to a drive in 'My Computer' will look like

Yes, I found mapping \\10.8.16.216\wolume1\media to a drive in win is alot more stable for xbmc to adding different video source from the drive and library update vs using nfs direct in xbmc.
And after adding the library, it play nicely for each type of files ie bdmv to tmt5 and mkv/m2ts to mpc-hc.

Thanks for all the help ace and to the TS.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Branphma - 2013-01-10

Hey guys,

i've been setting up powerdvd12 as the external player for xbmc. Playback works, but if i end the movie in PowerDVD there is a popup in XBMC saying "Click OK when playback ended". I do that, but right after that the playback is starting againg, tried it with Escape and Backspace and whatsoever but the playback is starting all over again... Any fix for this? I am using Frodo rc3 with aeon nox 4 plus downloaded the files from page 1 of this thread.
Thanks for any help guys!

Edit: Problem solved. Turned off the option to automatically play the next video...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - mrh335 - 2013-01-12

The last piece of the puzzle I am trying to solve is how to get the frequency to auto change based upon the media.

I am using TMT5 with an Nvideo GT430 card and auto refresh in TMT is not compatible in this setup. Therefore I am trying to use autofrequency.exe to mount the image using Daemon tools, launch TMT5, and switch the frequency, and unmount the image when done.

Autofrequency is working well when right clicking and playing an ISO image with it directly, but I cannot figure out the command line to use in playercorefactory.xml or any of the batch files.

Can someone please help or provide a method these use that works to switch the HTPC output refresh frequency to match the movie refresh rate?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bungie240 - 2013-01-13

@ Bluray

Thanks for all your previous help.

Another question for you!

When playing a MKV SBS 3D file can I get MPC HC to ask me if I would like to play in 3D mode or 2D mode upon selecting the file?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - eironman23 - 2013-01-13

When will there be new settings in the first post? For frodo?