Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wheatfield - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-04, 17:49)bluray Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 17:26)wheatfield Wrote: [quote='bluray' pid='1322993' dateline='1359953358']
Make sure to enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscree" in XBMC video output....

I have that option enabled. Actually, XBMC minimizes as it should. TMT5 opens up, but that's where it stops and goes no further, on the TMT5 menu screen.
Did it give you option to select or press movie to start?

No, it just shows a blank drive and asks to insert disc.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-04, 18:14)wheatfield Wrote: No, it just shows a blank drive and asks to insert disc.

What version of XBMC?
Also can you post what you have inside your playcorefactory.xml and bat files.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wheatfield - 2013-02-04

I'm using Frodo and TMT5.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\Stucky\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>

</player>
                <player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\Stucky\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
        <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\Stucky\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
        <player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
        </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray ISO -->
        <rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray BDMV -->
        <rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray M2TS -->
        <rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray MKV -->
        <rule filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray AVI -->
        <rule filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray TS -->
        <rule filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
        <rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

And here's my PlayBDMV.bat. I don't have any isos.

Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %pth% exit

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-02-04

Do you use Blu-ray ISO files at all or just BDMV Folders? Edit - Just noticed you said you don't use ISO's, in that case you can remove the ISO rule and player, as its not needed

Then use this for PlayBDMV.bat

Code:
@echo off
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

Change this rule

to

<rule filetypes="mpls|bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>

That should fix your problem.

(2013-02-04, 19:29)acejh1987 Wrote: Do you use Blu-ray ISO files at all or just BDMV Folders? Edit - Just noticed you said you don't use ISO's, in that case you can remove the ISO rule and player, as its not needed

Code:
@echo off
Set file=%1

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

set pth=%1

GOTO end

exit

Change this rule

to

Thank you, it works perfectly now!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - deadspeak - 2013-02-05

Still not getting this to work. screen flickers and option box comes up sayin when finished playing press ok, but nothing else.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wheatfield - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-04, 21:10)wheatfield Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 19:29)acejh1987 Wrote: Do you use Blu-ray ISO files at all or just BDMV Folders? Edit - Just noticed you said you don't use ISO's, in that case you can remove the ISO rule and player, as its not needed

Code:
@echo off
Set file=%1

set pth=%1

GOTO end

set pth=%1

GOTO end

exit

Change this rule

to

I was just messing around with this and I realized that TMT launches even when I use the normal play option. I would like to use the internal player as the default, and TMT as an alternate. I appreciate the help!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 02:14)deadspeak Wrote: Still not getting this to work. screen flickers and option box comes up sayin when finished playing press ok, but nothing else.
Did you try the codes in post #1610? You can re-verify the playerfactory and playiso codes to make sure that there is letter left out in the code. When copy and paste the code, the letter can be easily left out...

If you haven't enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC video output, you need to enable it.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 03:09)wheatfield Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 21:10)wheatfield Wrote:

Code:
@echo off
Set file=%1

set pth=%1

GOTO end

set pth=%1

GOTO end

exit

Change this rule

to

I was just messing around with this and I realized that TMT launches even when I use the normal play option. I would like to use the internal player as the default, and TMT as an alternate. I appreciate the help!
Yes, there is an option to select external player "TMT5" and internal player "DVDPlayer" after the movie is selected. Here is how-

1. Select "Default select action- Choose" in XBMC Videos/Files list
2. Select the movie from the main movie menu
3. Select "More" when play option popup, then select "Play using", then select DVDPlayer, then select "Play main title"
4. You'll be playing movie using XBMC internal player

When you do the above step, it doesn't matter what is set to default. It'll always popup the message box for you to choose the player. It seem like a lot of steps, but it really isn't...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 03:09)wheatfield Wrote: I was just messing around with this and I realized that TMT launches even when I use the normal play option. I would like to use the internal player as the default, and TMT as an alternate. I appreciate the help!

Remove this rule from the playercorefactory.xml

The internal player will then become the default, and you can choose BDMV_Player from the 'play using' list whenever you need TMT.

(2013-02-05, 04:28)bluray Wrote: Did you try the codes in post #1610?

If you haven't enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC video output, you need to enable it.....

I noticed a small typo in post #1610 that might cause it not to work (First line of PlayISO.bat)

et file=%1 should be set file=%1

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - baijuxavior - 2013-02-05

Forgive me if this question has been answered before. I am having a problem with my external iso player. When I press an iso file in the library to play, it shows a menu with 3 options something like Play title 0, Select Titles and Blu-Ray menu. The first two options start the xbmc built-in player and plays the movie. The third one starts TMT5 but nothing happens. The drive shows no disks as mounted. Interestingly if I click the iso file in the latest movies shown on the xbmc home window, it starts playing in TMT5. I don't want to see the three optioned menu when I click a iso file. I want it to play in tmt5 straight away.

Problem in short - tmt5 not playing iso file when started from library, but plays when started from the latest movies list in xbmc home window.

Edit - I think the problem is with xbmc. XBMC sees the iso file as a bdmv folder and starts the bdmv player. I changed the bdmv rule to start iso player and it did the trick.

(2013-02-05, 12:27)acejh1987 Wrote: I noticed a small typo in post #1610 that might cause it not to work (First line of PlayISO.bat)

Since it is the 1st letter in the code, I probably didn't copy the "s" in "set" when I copied it from the notepad. The "s" is there when I verified the code in the notepad. I blame it on the wireless mouse....and it is fixed....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jespermart - 2013-02-05

It's now working perfectly for me with ISO and BDMV folders

Thank you wery much for all your hard work

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 13:51)baijuxavior Wrote: Forgive me if this question has been answered before. I am having a problem with my external iso player. When I press an iso file in the library to play, it shows a menu with 3 options something like Play title 0, Select Titles and Blu-Ray menu. The first two options start the xbmc built-in player and plays the movie. The third one starts TMT5 but nothing happens. The drive shows no disks as mounted. Interestingly if I click the iso file in the latest movies shown on the xbmc home window, it starts playing in TMT5. I don't want to see the three optioned menu when I click a iso file. I want it to play in tmt5 straight away.

Problem in short - tmt5 not playing iso file when started from library, but plays when started from the latest movies list in xbmc home window.

Edit - I think the problem is with xbmc. XBMC sees the iso file as a bdmv folder and starts the bdmv player. I changed the bdmv rule to start iso player and it did the trick.

The new selection menu in XBMC Frodo can not be skipped (As far as I know)
To make the first 2 options on the menu also work add mpls to the ISO Player rule, then whatever option you select it will launch TMT5

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wheatfield - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 12:27)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 03:09)wheatfield Wrote: I was just messing around with this and I realized that TMT launches even when I use the normal play option. I would like to use the internal player as the default, and TMT as an alternate. I appreciate the help!

Remove this rule from the playercorefactory.xml

The internal player will then become the default, and you can choose BDMV_Player from the 'play using' list whenever you need TMT.

(2013-02-05, 04:28)bluray Wrote: Did you try the codes in post #1610?

I noticed a small typo in post #1610 that might cause it not to work (First line of PlayISO.bat)

Thanks again, it works now.