Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - thebundok - 2013-05-30

After rolling back to 12.0, I can confirm that XBMC is now correctly halting and opening TMT5 which is now opening BDMV's properly as well. The playercontrol.xml and playISO.bat code I was using for both 12.2 and am still using for 12.0 can be found in post 1702.

Again, confirmed working in 12.0 but not in 12.2

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Joerobert06 - 2013-06-04

Has anyboby been able to get this to work on v12.1? I've moved over both the playercorefactory.xml & iso.bat to my userdata file, but am still unable to get PowerDVD12 to load up and play movies.

I'm starting small right now and just want to play bdmv via PowerDVD12 since i'm having issues of BBC 1080p files.

When I open up the movie in XBMC, it looks like XBMC attempts to use th external player, as it flashes the desktop for a split second but then returns to the XBMC interface.

any help would be appreciated!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ibleedspeed - 2013-06-17

I just rolled back to 12.0 and it works. also note that you must set xbmc to "fullscreen window" instead of fullscreen in the video settings otherwise xbmc will act like it is opening the external player but never does. exactly as the symptoms above are described. this is so much nicer then the stock player because tmt5 upscales dvd quite nice. otherwise dvd,s were almost unwatchable in xbmc. considering that 90% of my collection is dvd this is a must have mod for me.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - baijuxavior - 2013-06-17

(2013-06-04, 06:56)Joerobert06 Wrote: Has anyboby been able to get this to work on v12.1? I've moved over both the playercorefactory.xml & iso.bat to my userdata file, but am still unable to get PowerDVD12 to load up and play movies.

I'm starting small right now and just want to play bdmv via PowerDVD12 since i'm having issues of BBC 1080p files.

When I open up the movie in XBMC, it looks like XBMC attempts to use th external player, as it flashes the desktop for a split second but then returns to the XBMC interface.

any help would be appreciated!

If you use external player for only bbc videos, then install latest nightlies. VC1 playback is now supported in latest nightlies and bbc videos play perfectly. I actually converted all my bbc blu-ray isos to mkv.

For external player to run correctly you should enable the option 'use a full screen window rather than full screen' or something like that.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Dom61 - 2013-07-01

Good day.

I tried with success ilo script of the first post and I was able to associate playback with the following player:
Blu-ray> PowerDVD 13
Universal File> MPCHC

I would now, if this is possible, associate the playback of DVDs with just ThetaerTek, how can I modify the script?

THANK YOU

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wasp23 - 2013-07-12

Please could anyone offer any advice on setting up xbmc 12.0 Frodo to playback using external players ? I have tried copying one or two of the examples listed and have had no luck.
I can get the internal xbmc player to play back every format ok except for when files have HD audio and then they stutter badly.
I want to set it up to use Total Media Theater 6.0 but the xml files I have tried to setup have failed. The files I have which I am trying to play are mkv and Blu-Ray ISO.
Alternatively is there a way to get HD audio playing back perfectly through XBMC ?
Thanks.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - baijuxavior - 2013-07-12

HD audio files plays fine in my xbmc setup. Check your xbmc audio settings and adjust them for your AVR.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wasp23 - 2013-07-12

i will check my audio settings my amp is a onkyo 606

I have checked and I'm missing the following options in the audio menu of xmbc

The following options do not appear
Audio output device – Direct Sound Speakers- Speakers
Passthrough output device - Direct sound

my setup is xmbc frodo 12.0
graphics card asus 6450 graphics card
hp micro server 8gb ram
avr receiver onkyo 606

I can play HD audio with tmt 6 or powerdvd 13 without issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - costi - 2013-07-12

How are you connected to the Onkyo?

hdmi from the graphics card to the onkyo 606

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - baijuxavior - 2013-07-12

Audio output device and Passthrough device should be set to wasapi for hd audio.

xbmc iso auto mount config - william265 - 2013-08-03

ok this is what i want i want all iso files to mount to clone drive then total media theter to load auto to movie then when i cancel it goes back to xbmc it does that but now i cant seem to get the any streams to play with out selecting dvd for internal is there a line to add to this xml to get what im after keep in mind the auto mount play is set great but the streams dont play unless i select dvdplayer or they try and mount ty

this my set up for this to work please help me get just iso to mount and play with external total media theater all does work now eexcecpt reg streams try and mount

PlayDisc.BAT
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" e:

PlayISO.BAT
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" N:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

playercorefactory.XML
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PlayISO" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\willi_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="PlayDisc" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\willi_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename="*iso*" player="PlayISO"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd" player="PlayDisc"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Lupin 3rd - 2013-08-05

excuse but the link in the first post are broken.
can you restore them, please?

thank you

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Lupin 3rd - 2013-08-05

(2011-12-11, 22:40)bluray Wrote: 1. Download- AnyDVD HD (you have 14 days free trail)

May MakeMKV replace AnyDVD HD??