Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - THX-UltraII - 2013-08-10

Hi guys,

I had to reinstall my system but I can t seem to get my external player load anymore with my playercorefactory.xml.

Could someone look what I could be doing wrong?

My player is MPC-BE and is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\mpc-be\mpc-be.exe.
I want to use this external player for ALL my content (so ALSO blu-ray structure folders! BDMV).

My playercorefactory.xml looks like this but something goes wrong because the player isn t loaded.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="mpc-be" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\mpc-be\mpc-be.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720p.*" player="mpc-be"/>
   <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="mpc-be"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - hdmkv - 2013-08-10

I have Frodo 12.2 and just bought TMT 6, so not sure which route to go. I only need TMT to play my BD-ISO's (don't have any BD folder rips). Should I install Gotham nightly or roll back to Frodo 12? Also, what is the proper way to roll back? Just install 12.0 over my existing 12.2 install?

Next, for the actual setup, saw this post, but I'm still confused, so hope you guys can advise. I found playercorefactory.xml ... so, do I copy/paste this script as is here (replacing what is there)? Then, for this, where does the BAT file go? Basically, I like I said, I want TMT6 to only play all my BD-ISO files, while letting XBMC play the rest. Thanks much for your help.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - verybigleen - 2013-08-17

Hi,

I have blu rays playing back perfectly, but it goes straight to the movie. How can i access the menus?

Many Thanks in advance

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - noworry - 2013-08-18

verybigleen, I'm not an expert in here. Bluray have all the answers, but I haven't see him in here for a very long time. If you are referring to menu through XBMC, it is not supporting full bluray menu. People in here uses external player to enjoy bluray menus.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - skydancer - 2013-08-18

Hi, external player from iso on NFS shares don't work for me on windows with xbmc Frodo.
No problem with content on local or SMB shares, any solution?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - verybigleen - 2013-08-18

(2013-08-18, 03:52)noworry Wrote: verybigleen, I'm not an expert in here. Bluray have all the answers, but I haven't see him in here for a very long time. If you are referring to menu through XBMC, it is not supporting full bluray menu. People in here uses external player to enjoy bluray menus.....

Thats great. How exactly do you run blu ray discs through an external player triggered by xvmc...in which i mean..when you press Play Disc it goes to the external player.

Thanks again in advance

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - noworry - 2013-08-21

(2013-08-18, 22:48)verybigleen Wrote:
(2013-08-18, 03:52)noworry Wrote: verybigleen, I'm not an expert in here. Bluray have all the answers, but I haven't see him in here for a very long time. If you are referring to menu through XBMC, it is not supporting full bluray menu. People in here uses external player to enjoy bluray menus.....

Thats great. How exactly do you run blu ray discs through an external player triggered by xvmc...in which i mean..when you press Play Disc it goes to the external player.

Thanks again in advance
Again, I'm not an expert on this. If you follow the instruction in the first page to incorporate internal player options, you should be able to use external player of your choice when press Play Disc.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cnewton2k - 2013-08-22

Now then,

I am using Gotham Alpha 6 - Aeon Nox Skin

I have used the code from the very start of this tread to try and get 3DBD iso to mount and then play in TMT 5

Now it kinda works but....

When i click to play it comes up with the circle going round (working) and just sits there.

Now if i press back (delete) it launches the external player. Is there anyway to get it to do this automatically?

Cheers

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - majorspawn - 2013-08-23

apologies if this is a stupid question as I am new to the forum. I had a brief look in the feature suggestions and have not seen the below suggested. Obviously there is a great interest in getting external players working efficiently from xbmc, instead of using the xml and scripts cant we build in functionality to launch external players from the xbmc directly and provide native support for this for the few popular apps such as TMT, power dvd, MP-HD or jriver? I don't believe there is too much divination from these apps across the board. Just wondering f there are any major reservations or limitations in achieving this

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - majorspawn - 2013-08-23

(2013-08-23, 02:41)Hou22ghh Wrote: It's ready out of the box sort of speak. SmileImage

im assuming your referring to xbmc playing the main iso stream?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cundogg - 2013-08-24

Need some help. I have followed the guide step by step and everything seems to be working except when playing iso files the image doesn't mount but powerdvd opens. Here is my playiso.bat

Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" J:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Joerobert06 - 2013-08-24

cundogg, i'm having the same issue; I am able to mount a normal DVD iso file and play with cyberlink, but I can't get a Blu-ray iso file to play within cyberlink.

check out this link about PDVD and mapping BDMV folders.

I currently have PowerDVD 12 so i'm out of luck...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414679/powerdvd-and-bdmv-folders-has-anyone-accomplished-this

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Joerobert06 - 2013-08-25

(2013-06-17, 14:49)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 06:56)Joerobert06 Wrote: Has anyboby been able to get this to work on v12.1? I've moved over both the playercorefactory.xml & iso.bat to my userdata file, but am still unable to get PowerDVD12 to load up and play movies.

I'm starting small right now and just want to play bdmv via PowerDVD12 since i'm having issues of BBC 1080p files.

When I open up the movie in XBMC, it looks like XBMC attempts to use th external player, as it flashes the desktop for a split second but then returns to the XBMC interface.

any help would be appreciated!

If you use external player for only bbc videos, then install latest nightlies. VC1 playback is now supported in latest nightlies and bbc videos play perfectly. I actually converted all my bbc blu-ray isos to mkv.

For external player to run correctly you should enable the option 'use a full screen window rather than full screen' or something like that.

Thanks for the advice! I upgraded to the newest nightlies build and I can now play all of the BBC videos. This works for me because majority of my library is .mkv, however upon playback, i'm noticing a few of the episodes are a bit choppy and shutter momentarily. This is nowhere as bad as it was before, but this gives me more investigating to do.

thanks for the help!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cundogg - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-24, 22:31)Joerobert06 Wrote: cundogg, i'm having the same issue; I am able to mount a normal DVD iso file and play with cyberlink, but I can't get a Blu-ray iso file to play within cyberlink.

check out this link about PDVD and mapping BDMV folders.

I currently have PowerDVD 12 so i'm out of luck...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414679/powerdvd-and-bdmv-folders-has-anyone-accomplished-this

I can mount it manually with no issues but it isn't mounting automatically once i click play with in xbmc

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cnewton2k - 2013-08-26

has anyone got this working with powerdvd13?

i can get it to lauch powerdvd13 but it looks like it hasnt mounted the ISO.