Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - User 167525 - 2014-03-02

What am i missing in these codes to start the bluray iso? I want to mount them with DVDFab and play with powerdvd13

- Powerdvd 13
- DVDFab

They keep starting in XBMC and not the external player Sad

PlayDisc.bat
Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" E:\

playercorefactory.txt
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\Htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
            <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
            <forceontop>false</forceontop>
        </player>
                <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
                        <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>  
                </player>
        </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray ISO -->
                <!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
        <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="PowerDVD"/>
        <!-- Bluray M2TS -->
        <rule filetypes="m2ts" player="PowerDVD"/>
        <!-- Bluray AVI -->
        <rule filetypes="avi" player="PowerDVD"/>
        <!-- Bluray TS -->
        <rule filetypes="ts" player="PowerDVD"/>
                <!-- Bluray Disc -->
        <rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="PowerDVD"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat
Code:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files\DVDFab Virtual Drive\vdrive.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" E:/
"C:\Program Files\DVDFab Virtual Drive\vdrive.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-03-02

(2014-03-02, 03:01)Paulus Wrote: What am i missing in these codes to start the bluray iso? I want to mount them with DVDFab and play with powerdvd13

- Powerdvd 13
- DVDFab

Your playercorefactory player is missing ISO .bat and the rules have the same player "PowerDVD" for everything. You might want to download playercorefactory file from the first page and modify it for PDVD13....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - User 167525 - 2014-03-02

(2014-03-02, 03:46)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-02, 03:01)Paulus Wrote: What am i missing in these codes to start the bluray iso? I want to mount them with DVDFab and play with powerdvd13

- Powerdvd 13
- DVDFab

Your playercorefactory player is missing ISO .bat and the rules have the same player "PowerDVD" for everything. You might want to download playercorefactory file from the first page and modify it for PDVD13....

Found the problem. On the first page at step 8 when you download the Playcorefactory file, it's a txt file and not xml Smile External player is now starting with the xml Smile

dvdfab didn't work. Now tried VCD but get a message can't mount......
I can mount the iso file mannualy without errors.

The file is located on my synology NAS. And i get this error with all iso files (2D OR 3D)

Console from playiso:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC>Set file="nfs://xxx.xxx.x.x/volume1/video/films/Blur
ay/Resident Evil Afterlife (2010)/Resident Evil Afterlife.3D.Blu-Ray.iso"

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC>Set dummy="nfs://xxx.xxx.x.x/volume1/video/films/Blu
ray/Resident Evil Afterlife (2010)/Resident Evil Afterlife.3D.Blu-Ray."

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC>IF NOT "nfs://xxx.xxx.x.x/volume1/video/films/Bluray
/Resident Evil Afterlife (2010)/Resident Evil Afterlife.3D.Blu-Ray." == "nfs://x
xx.xxx.x.x/volume1/video/films/Bluray/Resident Evil Afterlife (2010)/Resident Ev
il Afterlife.3D.Blu-Ray.iso" (GOTO playiso )  ELSE (goto next )

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualClone
Drive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 "nfs://xxx.xxx.x.x/volume1/video/films/Bluray/Resident
Evil Afterlife (2010)/Resident Evil Afterlife.3D.Blu-Ray.iso"

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC>"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\P
owerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" E:

And also no luck with Deamontools lite Sad

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-03-02

(2014-03-02, 11:24)Paulus Wrote:
(2014-03-02, 03:46)bluray Wrote:

- Powerdvd 13
- DVDFab

Found the problem. On the first page at step 8 when you download the Playcorefactory file, it's a txt file and not xml Smile External player is now starting with the xml Smile

The file is located on my synology NAS. And i get this error with all iso files (2D OR 3D)
Your PDVD13 location seem a lot longer than mind. When I tried PDVD13 while ago, my location is ""C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PowerDVD13.exe" J:" and J: is my available VCD drive. Is E: drive your available VCD drive? E: drive is usually reserved for optical drive. As I mentioned in my earlier post, your player name need to be named different instead of "PowerDVD" for every file types and your rule need to reflect it.

(2014-03-02, 22:12)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-02, 11:24)Paulus Wrote:
(2014-03-02, 03:46)bluray Wrote: Your playercorefactory player is missing ISO .bat and the rules have the same player "PowerDVD" for everything. You might want to download playercorefactory file from the first page and modify it for PDVD13....

Your PDVD13 location seem a lot longer than mind. When I tried PDVD13 while ago, my location is ""C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PowerDVD13.exe" J:" and J: is my available VCD drive. Is E: drive your available VCD drive? E: drive is usually reserved for optical drive. As I mentioned in my earlier post, your player name need to be named different instead of "PowerDVD" for every file types and your rule need to reflect it.

Powerdvd is starting fine, but mounting the iso's won't work. Could it be the path of the file which starts with nfs:// and shouldn't this be //

?

(2014-03-02, 22:19)Paulus Wrote:
(2014-03-02, 22:12)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-02, 11:24)Paulus Wrote: Found the problem. On the first page at step 8 when you download the Playcorefactory file, it's a txt file and not xml Smile External player is now starting with the xml Smile

Powerdvd is starting fine, but mounting the iso's won't work. Could it be the path of the file which starts with nfs:// and shouldn't this be //

?
If you think network is an issue, you can verify it by playback an ISO movie using USB drive or local HDD....if it is fine on USB or local HDD, then you can try to fix the network...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - noonzascript - 2014-03-03

I'm having problems trying to start a video.

Here are my settings -

Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PDVDLP.exe"</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="MPCHC_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>"C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe"</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

Every time I launch an mkv file I am sent back to the desktop and nothing happens. I do see MPC-HC running in task manager however. Any ideas?

*replaced user folder name in this post for privacy reasons.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-03-03

noonzascript- what are your rules? Have you enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - noonzascript - 2014-03-03

Yep! I have that enabled. It doesn't matter anyway since I'm going to stick to the internal player. Thanks for everything!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-03-03

(2014-03-03, 06:17)noonzascript Wrote: Yep! I have that enabled. It doesn't matter anyway since I'm going to stick to the internal player. Thanks for everything!
I thought that you are trying to use external player..

(2014-03-03, 06:33)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-03, 06:17)noonzascript Wrote: Yep! I have that enabled. It doesn't matter anyway since I'm going to stick to the internal player. Thanks for everything!
I thought that you are trying to use external player..

lol I'll start again Tongue

I do want to try using an external player for testing purposes but..

- MPC-HC doesn't work (I hear audio and it shows up in the task manager but there is no video.. and I have "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" enabled as well)
- If I replace MPC-HC with powerdvd it works perfectly and it plays my video files fine

I just don't want to your waste your time, haha. Anyway I'll post what I have in the three files I downloaded -

playercorefactory.xml
Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PDVDLP.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="MPCHC_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPCHC_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO:
Quote:Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PDVDLP.exe" J:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PDVDLP.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PDVDLP.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

PlayDisc:
Quote:@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PDVDLP.exe" E:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - User 167525 - 2014-03-03

downloaded VCD and TMT5 and the files from the first page (changed the User path en disc to ESmile so i would have the same steps like the tutorial Smile

But i get an error in VCD:

(2014-03-03, 16:16)Paulus Wrote: downloaded VCD and TMT5 and the files from the first page (changed the User path en disc to ESmile so i would have the same steps like the tutorial Smile

Is drive E: one of the available VCD drive? Drive E: is usually reserved for optical drive...

(2014-03-03, 06:49)noonzascript Wrote: - MPC-HC doesn't work (I hear audio and it shows up in the task manager but there is no video.. and I have "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" enabled as well)
Have you try to playback the MKV movie using MPC-HC by itself "without XBMC"? Just to rule out issue with MPC-HC...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - User 167525 - 2014-03-03

(2014-03-03, 19:39)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-03, 16:16)Paulus Wrote: downloaded VCD and TMT5 and the files from the first page (changed the User path en disc to ESmile so i would have the same steps like the tutorial Smile

Is drive E: one of the available VCD drive? Drive E: is usually reserved for optical drive...

Yup E: is reserved for VCD. My optical drive is D:
Also when i mount the ISO mannualy through explorer in windows it mounts on E: and i can play the iso.

Still testing with trail&error to find the "bug". Smile

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - noonzascript - 2014-03-04

(2014-03-03, 19:39)bluray Wrote: Have you try to playback the MKV movie using MPC-HC by itself "without XBMC"? Just to rule out issue with MPC-HC...

Yep, it runs great by itself.