Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-03-04

(2014-03-04, 03:50)noonzascript Wrote:
(2014-03-03, 19:39)bluray Wrote: Have you try to playback the MKV movie using MPC-HC by itself "without XBMC"? Just to rule out issue with MPC-HC...

Yep, it runs great by itself.
Try to turn on the log to see what XBMC say during MPC-HC playback...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - User 167525 - 2014-03-04

Maybe one small tip for fisical movie discs (bluray/dvd):

If you have a bluray disc you can add a folder with the movie name and year. in this folder make a file called "Drive.disc".
Now XBMC will add it to the library and when you select the file XBMC shows a popup with an insert disc message.

Smile

Now you can add your "offline" library in xbmc Smile

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - haychua - 2014-03-06

Sorry, my english is bad. I have followed the instructions on the XBMC forum, but did not see auto mount 3d bluray iso file to a virtual drive. This is my code and my error with VirtualCloneDrive. Thanks. (L is a virtual disk drive J is also in DVD drive)
Done
Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\TuanViet\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\TuanViet\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="PDVDLP" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PDVDLP.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Multiple files -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts" player="PDVDLP"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Quote:Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PDVDLP.exe" L:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PDVDLP.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PDVDLP.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit
Quote:@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PDVDLP.exe" J:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-03-08

Haychua- is this "C:\Users\TuanViet\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata" where you saved your PlayISO.bat? You can right/click the ISO movie and open with PlayISO.bat to see if it start playback movie by itself...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - User 167525 - 2014-03-09

i think i found the iso mounting problem. Windows 7 professional.

this version doesn't support NFS shares etc. And you can't switch it on like this: http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/editorial.jspx?cc=ES&lc=eng&ckey=2106090&nid=-11143.0.00&id=2106090

arggggggggggggggg Sad

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andyd - 2014-03-10

Is it possible to skip XBMC's view of a bluray folder and automatically launch the external player? I know there was a change after 12.0 but I was hoping that there was a setting introduced in Gotham Beta 1

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bungie240 - 2014-03-23

Hi, I'm trying to create a playiso.bat file for daemon tools lite with TMT6 but can't seem to get it to mount or unmount. When I click on playiso.bat I get a error message 'unknown switch in command line' then it opens up TMT6.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" D:

my virtual drive letter is D.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2014-03-24

I don't use Daemon Tools Lite, but you can take a look at the valid command line parameters here

It looks like you would need something like -

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount dt, 0, %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" D:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe -unmount dt, 0

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-03-25

I am completely new to xbmc and this is my first HTPC I built. We just setup our home theater. I am using 100" screen with Epson 2030 projector. For our sound I have a Pioneer SC-1522-K setup in 9.2 surround sound. We love the setup. I have some BD and 3d BD ,iso files on my NAS and would like to be able to play them on this new setup.

I built a new Intel NUC D54250WYK with 8gb ram and 120gb MSATA running Windows 8.1 64bit. I am playing on installing xbmc.

I would like to be able to play these .iso files with external player that I can launch from within xbmc.

Can someone advise me what I need to install etc to get this working?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - lucat - 2014-03-25

I'm guys,

Why with

<rule filetype="mkv|avi|m2ts" player="MPC-HC"/> everything perfect

<rule filetype="iso" player="PlayISO"> doesn't work, it doesn't start the file.bat ?

(If I try inside the XBMC right-click lunch with PlayISO it starts perfectly)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2014-03-25

(2014-03-25, 19:04)rmilyard Wrote: Can someone advise me what I need to install etc to get this working?

Depending on what players you are using, the files in the original post should work fine.

(2014-03-25, 18:36)lucat Wrote: I changed with:

<rule filetype="mkv|avi|m2ts" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetype="iso" player="PlayISO"/>

And now avi works but ISO don't, the file.bat doesn't start

Try:
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|m2ts" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="PlayISO"/>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - lucat - 2014-03-25

(2014-03-25, 21:19)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2014-03-25, 19:04)rmilyard Wrote: Can someone advise me what I need to install etc to get this working?

Depending on what players you are using, the files in the original post should work fine.

(2014-03-25, 18:36)lucat Wrote: I changed with:

<rule filetype="mkv|avi|m2ts" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetype="iso" player="PlayISO"/>

And now avi works but ISO don't, the file.bat doesn't start

Try:
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|m2ts" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="PlayISO"/>

I have already tried even that option!

If I invert the two lines then iso work and avi don't , it's like the first exclude the second

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-03-25

(2014-03-25, 21:24)lucat Wrote: [quote='acejh1987' pid='1663269' dateline='1395775186']
[quote='rmilyard' pid='1663159' dateline='1395767072']
Can someone advise me what I need to install etc to get this working?

[quote='lucat' pid='1663140' dateline='1395765392']

Is there one player that is works/better than another? I am complete open to whatever now. Just looking for best options now.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2014-03-25

Lucat - Have you tried the exact lines I posted with filetypes instead of filetype?

rmilyard - Not really, it's more a user preference. If you want full Blu-ray menu support, then either Arcsoft Total Media Theatre or PowerDVD are the usual recommended players.

(2014-03-25, 21:46)acejh1987 Wrote: Lucat - Have you tried the exact linesI posted with filetypes instead of filetype?

rmilyard - Not really, it's more a user preference. If you want ful Blu-ray menu support, then either Arcsoft Total Media Theatre or PowerDVD are usual recommended players.

I have both. Just not sure which might be better and easier to setup. I am very new to xbmc and not even sure yet how to do this. I am at work and just installing the OS in the NUC now.