Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

- bluray - 2012-02-03

raidflex Wrote:Thanks that worked, now when I stop it closes TMT5, stops the movie and goes back to XBMC.
Sorry for the slow response (too many kids at home and too much works at the office), but I'm glad that you got it to work now! Smile

raidflex Wrote:I have now one more issue. I found that I cannot fast forward, rewind or pause the movie. Now I could live with this, but is there a way to get the controls to work?

I am using a Harmoney 700 remote and the Soundgraph Imon IR system. The Harmoney remote is setup as a MCE remote and the imon IR is setup also for a MCE remote.
Sorry, I don't have Harmony to verify it for you because I sold my Harmony a while ago. I have a very cheap HP MCE remote/IR, and it works fine!

- bigbadrabbit - 2012-02-09

Would it be possible to have an external player to only process the video and leave audio decoding to XBMC?

- bluray - 2012-02-09

bigbadrabbit Wrote:Would it be possible to have an external player to only process the video and leave audio decoding to XBMC?
Hmmm....most users want it the other way around for bitstreaming purpose! I'm not quite sure how you can separate it...if it playback using TMT, PDVD, MPC-HC, etc, it'll playback both audio/video!

- frieten - 2012-02-14

i have powerdvd 11 and i just want it to play ISO, BDMV and playdisc what files do i need? i notice in playercorefactory
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

do i just get rid of this and it wont try and open all files with that?

EDIT: DERP ignore me, i didn't see at the bottom of the first post lol

- collegebored - 2012-02-15

Posted this in the Windows External Player thread, but figured it's worth posting here as well.

About to give up on this, it's not making sense to me..

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
   </player>
   <player name="PowerDvd" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe</filename>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
   <rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="PowerDvd"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

opening an mkv file works fine, MPC opens in full screen and plays the file.
but clicking on "Play Disc" in the main menu pops up "Working..." for half a second in the bottom right corner and then nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

- bluray - 2012-02-15

collegebored Wrote:Posted this in the Windows External Player thread, but figured it's worth posting here as well.

About to give up on this, it's not making sense to me..

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
   </player>
   <player name="PowerDvd" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe</filename>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
   <rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="PowerDvd"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

opening an mkv file works fine, MPC opens in full screen and plays the file.
but clicking on "Play Disc" in the main menu pops up "Working..." for half a second in the bottom right corner and then nothing happens.

Any suggestions?
Download the playercorefactory.xml and playdisc.bat, and then save both files in Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder. You need to make sure that this directory in playdisc ("C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe" ESmile is correct on your HTPC and this directory in playercorefactory (C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat) is correct on your HTPC as well. You should be able to use Play Disc option in XBMC.

bluray Wrote:Download the playercorefactory.xml and playdisc.bat, and then save both files in Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder. You need to make sure that this directory in playdisc ("C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe" ESmile is correct on your HTPC and this directory in playercorefactory (C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat) is correct on your HTPC as well. You should be able to use Play Disc option in XBMC.

as i understand this, there shouldn't be any difference between specifying the external player executable directly in playercorefactory.xml or through playdisc batch file.
either way, ive tried it both ways -- using direct link to powerdvd in playercorefactory (as i posted) as well as using playdisc batch file in playercorefactory (downloaded from this thread) and loading poweredvd in the batch file. same exact results, nothing happens when i click Play Disc in xbmc. its confusing the hell out of me.

is there any chance at all that xbmc gets confused by multiple drives in the system (i have real bluray drive and 2 virtual ones)?

edit: i downloaded the two files you posted specifically for my config and same exact thing happens, "working..." pops up for a second and then nothing..

- bluray - 2012-02-15

collegebored Wrote:as i understand this, there shouldn't be any difference between specifying the external player executable directly in playercorefactory.xml or through playdisc batch file.
either way, ive tried it both ways -- using direct link to powerdvd in playercorefactory (as i posted) as well as using playdisc batch file in playercorefactory (downloaded from this thread) and loading poweredvd in the batch file. same exact results, nothing happens when i click Play Disc in xbmc. its confusing the hell out of me.

is there any chance at all that xbmc gets confused by multiple drives in the system (i have real bluray drive and 2 virtual ones)?

edit: i downloaded the two files you posted specifically for my config and same exact thing happens, "working..." pops up for a second and then nothing..
Stick with me here- using my codes that you downloaded, do as following:

1. remove (<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>) under (<filename>C:\Users\[COLOR="black"]Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userd ata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>) [/COLOR]in playercorefactory. If your HTPC user is not "Dell", you need to change it to the correct user on your HTPC.

2. make sure that (E) in PlayDisc.bat "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe" E: is your BD-ROM drive. If it is not, change it to the correct BD-ROM drive on your HTPC.

- bobrap - 2012-02-15

Think you could give this a shot using JRiver media player instead of TMT5? I'm not having any luck and that's the player I would like to use. Thanks for all your hard work!

- bluray - 2012-02-15

bobrap Wrote:Think you could give this a shot using JRiver media player instead of TMT5? I'm not having any luck and that's the player I would like to use. Thanks for all your hard work!
You can download XML and BAT files in the 1st post, and then replace TMT5 with JRiver.

If you already have XML and BAT codes for JRiver, you can post the codes in here. We'll try to help you on it! Smile

bluray Wrote:Stick with me here- using my codes that you downloaded, do as following:

1. remove (<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>) under (<filename>C:\Users\[COLOR="black"]Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userd ata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>) [/COLOR]in playercorefactory. If your HTPC user is not "Dell", you need to change it to the correct user on your HTPC.

2. make sure that (E) in PlayDisc.bat "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe" E: is your BD-ROM drive. If it is not, change it to the correct BD-ROM drive on your HTPC.

Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe" D:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\collegeBored\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
        </player>
        <player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray MKV -->
        <rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray Disc -->
        <rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
        </rules>
</playercorefactory>

using your files and the changes from the post, still PowerDVD doesnt load. the disk spins up when i click "Play Disc" in XBMC, but then nothing happens.
loading PlayDisc.bat by itself, starts up PowerDVD fine. what's more weird, if i load a DVD instead of BluRay and click Play Disc, it plays the video using the builtin XBMC player.

- bluray - 2012-02-15

collegebored Wrote:
Code:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe" D:
Can you replace PowerDVD11 with PDVDLaunchPolicy in PlayDisc as shown below? You'll need to manually launch PowerDVD 11 and set it to launch in fullscreen (the setting can be found within PDVD11 home screen).

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" D:

bluray Wrote:Can you replace PowerDVD11 with PDVDLaunchPolicy in PlayDisc as shown below? You'll need to manually launch PowerDVD 11 and set it to launch in fullscreen (the setting can be found within PDVD11 home screen).

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" D:

same result. bizzare isnt it? its like the rule <rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/> just doesnt work and it tries to run the disc with default player every time (which works for dvds but not for blurays).

I'm on Eden Beta3 if it makes any difference. Some other threads I've seen suggest adding <rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>, but that didnt do anything either.

- bluray - 2012-02-16

collegebored Wrote:same result. bizzare isnt it? its like the rule <rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/> just doesnt work and it tries to run the disc with default player every time (which works for dvds but not for blurays).

I'm on Eden Beta3 if it makes any difference. Some other threads I've seen suggest adding <rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>, but that didnt do anything either.
The rule "<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>" works fine on my 3 HTPC's and others in this thread got it to work with the same rule too. I'm not sure why it doesn't work on your HTPC's.

One last try-

1. Download "AnyDVD HD"- don't worry, you'll have 14 days trial without string attach.
2. Reboot HTPC
3. Launch XBMC
4. Load BD movie in BD-ROM D:

We'll how it turn out!

- collegebored - 2012-02-16

bluray Wrote:The rule "<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>" works fine on my 3 HTPC's and others in this thread got it to work with the same rule too. I'm not sure why it doesn't work on your HTPC's.

One last try-

1. Download "AnyDVD HD"- don't worry, you'll have 14 days trial without string attach.
2. Reboot HTPC
3. Launch XBMC
4. Load BD movie in BD-ROM D:

We'll how it turn out!

downloaded and installed anyDVD HD, that works even without external players, seamlessly plays bluray in xbmc default player. how does this even work, i was under impression a separate player was required to play blurays in xbmc? either way, i really dont wanna buy anyDVD.

on a whim i replaced "protocols" with "protocol" and it worked like a charm. then i figured out it actually wasnt matching the rule but simply using PowerDVD as default player for everything. mucking around i can specify rules for every other type of content and use powerdvd as default player (which would only actually play blurays), but that seems like a really bad solution..

any more ideas?