Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Greenja - 2012-05-13

Thanks for this guide Bluray, i'm having a bit of trouble that i'm hoping you or someone else could help me with though.

I've copied your .bat and .xml files from the first post and i'm using PowerDVD12. I've edited the .xml and .bat files to point to my "username" folder and to the location of the PowerDVD12 executable.

I only have MKV files so that is all i've tested with, but when I go to play an MKV through XBMC then PowerDVD12 opens, but no file is played. Its like the file is not being passed to PowerDVD12.

I've been trying for the last couple of days to get this to work but no luck, really hoping someone here can help me out! Smile

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-05-13

@greenja-

Can you post your playercorefactory codes in here? Maybe, somebody or I can take a look at it for you....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Greenja - 2012-05-13

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayBDMV file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\Greenja\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"/fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"/fullscreen</args>

</player>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayISO file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\Greenja\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayDisc file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\Greenja\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>

<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocol="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks bluray, any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ali2k1 - 2012-05-14

with powerdvd12 it has to be running from xbmc when you play a movie it will play. i let pdvd12 to run on startup i delayed xbmc by 10 sec. the problem is when you play a movie you have to stop it and then minimize pdvd12 with ctrl n which i mapped to the remote otherwise when you play another movie it doesnt work. then i had the problem where xbmc would lose focus and my remote would not respond but i got it sorted with hide taskbar. it works very well im happy.
here is link for hidetaskbar if you need it

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/79667-remove-taskbar-100-a.html

i hope i can help!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-05-14

@Greenja-
Try these codes for Universal_Player:

<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{0}"</args>

and these rules:

<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Greenja - 2012-05-14

Thanks alot to both you guys, both of your suggestions worked.

I first tried just having PDVD12 open before XBMC and then there was no problem loading my videos in PDVD12 with my old playercorefactory.xml like ali2k1 advised.

Then I tried changing my codes/rules as you suggested bluray and now I do not need to have PDVD12 open first. This is a more elegant solution so have gone with this, just a bit easier really. Maybe try changing to these codes bluray suggested also ali2k1, would save you having to stop and minimize PDVD12 rather than just closing it etc Smile

That link for the taskbar hider was good too thanks ali2k1, I also noticed the problem of the taskbar popping up just after PDVD12 started playing, that solved it nicely.

Thanks again to both you guys, all is working good now.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ali2k1 - 2012-05-14

hi bluray, again thank you for the code you gave to greenja worked for me too no need to start it pdvd12 on startup. Does mceremote work i had no luck.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-05-14

(2012-05-14, 21:28)ali2k1 Wrote: hi bluray, again thank you for the code you gave to greenja worked for me too no need to start it pdvd12 on startup. Does mceremote work i had no luck.
I'm glad that the codes work out fine for you. I don't have PDVD12 install on my HTPC now, but MCE remote work fine with TMT5......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - a_unknown - 2012-05-16

Hi bluray, ali2k1 and Greenja,
I tried to accomplish the same what you did. Just trying to play a bluray disk from my bluray drive.
I followed your example and used exactly the same (with my path and drive name) XML files that -bluray- posted on page 59 and powerDvD starts up just fine.However for me it still does not start the movie automatically.

Here are my steps:
- just start the blueray disk through play disk (DVD icon in main screen)
-pdvd12 comes up
- I have no controll with my mce remote and the movie does not start to play (just see pdvd main screen)

I use PDVD12 the trial version. Might that be the reason?
Is the remote not working in the trial version?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-05-17

@UnKnown,

Your playercorefactory codes should be the same as below (note- if you BD-ROM is not E:, you can change it to the correct one:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Bluray_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<args>"{0}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Bluray_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

If the above codes doesn't work, you can try with this "<args>"{1}"</args>".......more often than not, each HTPC is slightly different!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - buggdog - 2012-05-21

A couple questions...

1. Is there anyway to get the external player to launch (TMT5) without flashing to the desktop and flashing the blue TMT5-MCE screen before playing the movie?

2. Is there a way to add a button to XBMC so that the external player can be launched for any movie on demand instead of all the time for every movie? I like the integrated launch of the internal player and using the Cinema plugin but for some movies where the main movie is not the longest file, I would like the option of launching it with an external player from within XBMC.

Thanks for any help!

Lou

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-05-21

(2012-05-21, 02:58)buggdog Wrote: A couple questions...

1. Is there anyway to get the external player to launch (TMT5) without flashing to the desktop and flashing the blue TMT5-MCE screen before playing the movie?
Yes, you can use the codes below and set TMT5 to launch in fullscreen.

<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>

(2012-05-21, 02:58)buggdog Wrote: 2. Is there a way to add a button to XBMC so that the external player can be launched for any movie on demand instead of all the time for every movie? I like the integrated launch of the internal player and using the Cinema plugin but for some movies where the main movie is not the longest file, I would like the option of launching it with an external player from within XBMC.

Thanks for any help!

Lou
Yes, you can by naming your bluray file a certain way and use this rule.....

<rule filename=".*_tmt5.mkv*" protocols="*_tmt5.mkv*" player="Universal_Player"/>

You can name your bluray this way- <Kung Fu Panda_tmt5.mkv>. The other bluray file without "_tmt5.mkv" in it will playback through XBMC and other rules.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - buggdog - 2012-05-21

Thanks I'll try that when I get home tonight!!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Pandorum - 2012-05-29

Hi, I've tried to get TMT5 to work through XBMC. But still get black screen.

I chose to use the solution only for Blu-ray movies and nothing else (minus mkv etc)

If I understand it right, I only need to install:

Play Core Factory
PlayBDMV
Play Disc
PlayISO

Not FFDShow and MPC-HC and Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).

Thanks for your help

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-05-29

(2012-05-29, 20:53)Pandorum Wrote: Hi, I've tried to get TMT5 to work through XBMC. But still get black screen.

I chose to use the solution only for Blu-ray movies and nothing else (minus mkv etc)

If I understand it right, I only need to install:

Play Core Factory
PlayBDMV
Play Disc
PlayISO

Not FFDShow and MPC-HC and Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).

Thanks for your help
If you want TMT5 to playback blu-ray disc, blu-ray ISO and blu-ray folder only, you need PlayDisc, PlayISO and PlayBDMV bat files and Playercorefactory xml file.......