Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-08

So i finally decided to go this route as well with tmt.

Im having an issue though, i have nearly all blu-ray folders, not iso. When i try to launch my bdmv folder file using tmt it seems to want me to insert a disc?

Maybe im doing something wrong, I figured the bdmv bat file was for bdmv folders. All my folders are like this.

Avatar.bluray----->BDMV Folder, Certificate Folder.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-08

Do the blu-ray folders need to be mounted as well? How do you get virtual clone drive to mount bdmv folders?

I seen other people ask questions about it in this thread not being able to get bdmv folders to play.... but sadly they leave no clear indication what they did to make this work.

Well, in my case updating to the latest version solved the issue....
One question though, i have a few bluray iso's tv shows...the default player is still set to xbmc internal player, how do i change it?

One big issue im having if anyone can help. I am getting stuttering when the refresh rate is set to 23hz, or (23.967) or even 24hz.

Alot of people seem to have this issue, it was recommended on arcsoft to disable aero theme that activates when tmt is launched. This works. The problem is the way tmt is launched in xbmc or whatever interface is launched using this setup does not have that option and aero windows theme is activated leading to stuttering. How can i turn it off? Using this method its weird but the interface gui is different for tmt and i cannot seem to locate the option to turn it off.

Or maybe i am enabling aero? All i know by unchecking the aero box in tmt i have no theme change and smooth playback. Using the mce tmt plugin which we use after the theme change i get quite a bit of stuttering so im trying to prevent the theme change in the tmt mce plugin.

Any help here would be appreciated and if anyone has 23.967 working smoothly with this method and tmt would be nice to hear about it.

Edit: well i just set my desktop to windows basic to prevent the theme change, it was better, but still i got some stuttering, the mce plugin for tmt just seems to flaky, time to try powerdvd.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - shaktoo - 2012-06-08

since trying the latest playercorefactory as per only the universal player settings... it works, although the remote ( using logitech harmony one with MCE remote mapped) does seem to start Media Monkey as well ( will have to exit that from now on). as ghostdivision has mentioned there seems to be stuttering with 24( 23.96) hz playback . strangely when was playing with just 1080p 60hz setting the 3d playback was smooth with no jaggies etc ( but had to enter TV into 3d mode manually). will trawl the web as i think the 24/23.9 hz is an ongoing issue

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - User 31719 - 2012-06-08

(2012-06-08, 08:10)Ghostdivision Wrote: Well, in my case updating to the latest version solved the issue....
One question though, i have a few bluray iso's tv shows...the default player is still set to xbmc internal player, how do i change it?

What did you update? TMT to 5.2?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-08

(2012-06-08, 08:10)Ghostdivision Wrote: Well, in my case updating to the latest version solved the issue....
These are the codes you needs for BDMV and ISO......you need to replace everything in RED. BDMV don't need to be mounted, and you can simply navigate to index.bdmv with your remote to start playing movie.....

Playercorefactory.xml:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" J:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

play BDMV.bat:
@echo off
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %pth% exit

For TMT5 stuttering issue, you need to visit ArcSoft website for more info- Total Media Theater 5.2.1.120 problem......

Since every HTPC is slightly different, it is hard to find a single solution for everything.....

(2012-06-08, 16:45)zachmo826 Wrote:

What did you update? TMT to 5.2?

Yes. The very latest version.
(2012-06-08, 17:01)bluray Wrote:
These are the codes you needs for BDMV and ISO......you need to replace everything in RED. BDMV don't need to be mounted, and you can simply navigate to index.bdmv with your remote to start playing movie.....

Playercorefactory.xml:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" J:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

play BDMV.bat:
@echo off
set pth=%1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %pth% exit

For TMT5 stuttering issue, you need to visit ArcSoft website for more info- Total Media Theater 5.2.1.120 problem......

Since every HTPC is slightly different, it is hard to find a single solution for everything.....

Thanks, powerdvd seems no better initially. Configuration with regards to frame rate is perfect 23.967, i was told on arcsoft 23hz on ati, is proper 23.967, and added a hack found here to use it.

http://www.arcsoft.jp/en/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9827&PID=44808&title=23hz-ini-file-mod-reduced-stutter#top

The scary thing is researching at avsforum, a few people posted asking "does anyone have an htpc and can play blurays stutter free?"

I left htpc world in 2004 because it was unreliable 8 years later i had hoped for some progress.

Can you get stutter free playback at 23.967 or 24hz?

IM testing on my desktop before i build an htpc, my setup is ati 5770, tripple core 3.2ghz, and 4 gigs ram. Should be good enough.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-08

(2012-06-08, 19:56)Ghostdivision Wrote: IM testing on my desktop before i build an htpc, my setup is ati 5770, tripple core 3.2ghz, and 4 gigs ram. Should be good enough.
It should be enought to playback anything......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-09

bluray curious what setup your running and you say you get smooth playback at 24hz?

Im wondering if my card just has trouble with that framerate, not due to power, but just due to whatever is causing the issue with this card. Doing a search I seen on avsforum alot of people struggling with 24fps have a 5XXX series ati card like me.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-09

Im still not able to get iso using tmt as the default player.

Does the drive letter in the bat pertain to my actual bluray drive, or the virtual clone drive? I assume virtual clone drive.

It does play iso's in tv shows in tmt, but i have to right click and select iso player, otherwise xbmc internal player still plays it by default...

Can anyone confirm there iso's under tv shows have tmt as default player? Or suggestions on how to change the default player in xbmc?

Is there any issue with how my iso's are named?

S01XE01E02.bluray.iso

Also powerdvd 12 is actually way smoother and less resource heavy, no stuttering at all.

Do you have any idea how to get powerdvd 12 working with bluray folders and xbmc? I tried editing playercorefactory and the bats to point to powerdvd12.exe instead but nothing played....Powerdvd came up and just sits there. Do you have any idea. Im really impressed with the powerdvd12 software and how much smoother and lighter it appears to be, i even seen people on arcsoft forum suggesting switching to it. But i have no idea how to make powerdvd 12 launch bdmv folders with xbmc..

Is there anyway to make vcd mount bdmv folders? Or anyway to get powerdvd to launch bdmv folders like tmt?

Powerdvd12 launches using a playercorefactory you suggested in page 38-39, but nothing happens, the file wont play....these are bdmv files which powerdvd can play, but they are not playing here. The powerdvd just sits here.

I dont know bluray if you can or have ever tried playing a bdmv folder with xbmc/powerdvd...i would love to know if it can be done to give me some hope. Right now tmt just stutters to much, and my hopes rest in getting powerdvd to work with xbmc and be able to launch bdmv folders.

Also this is my playercorefactory and bat.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\Monty\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
</player>
<filename>C:\Users\Monty\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Monty\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %pth% exit

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-09

@Ghostdivision,
You can try the codes below. You need to replace J: in this line "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" J: with the available VirtualCloneDrive in your HTPC.

Playercorefactory.xml:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\Monty\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<filename>C:\Users\Monty\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" J:

PlayBDMV.bat:
@echo off
set pth=%1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %pth% exit

Thanks for your help, should i keep this line in though or not?

<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>