Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Hail.ceasar - 2012-06-10

Hello Bluray,

I have done that but I keep getting just DTS core ..

Please what version of TMT5 are you using? Did you install any patch for it?

Cheers

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-10

(2012-06-10, 17:26)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Hello Bluray,

Cheers
What are your GPU and AVR?

(2012-06-10, 14:36)shaktoo Wrote: bluray , I swapped pdvd11 for TMT5 and it is working perfectly , no stuttering, but there is one thing. When i stop the media it dosent exits pdvd11 and i have to use the keyboard to exit out of pdvd to get xbmc focus back. I tried mapping the ALT+F4 to my harmony one remote but using that has caused 2 x BSOD's ( which I have never had before ). I tried looking at xbmc logs and windows logs but there dosent seem to be anything that could explain this.
Anyways could you help in exiting out of pdvd11.
could this help me in this regards ?http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179
or eshell.exe solution you have in the first post
my remote setup is otherwise working very well and I dont want to change anything except get this function of closing pdvd down on media stopping.
thanks
Make sure to use PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe instead of PowerDVD11.exe.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-10

(2012-06-10, 03:58)Ghostdivision Wrote:
(2012-06-10, 01:29)niv.itz Wrote: Try this-

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" AUTOPLAY BD J:

Wouldnt that be for iso's though? Were trying to get it working with bluray folders ripped to hard drives.
Bluray...i found powerdvd 11, i replaced your bat. with powerdvd11 path, and its still launching power dvd (11) and just sitting there, have you ever got powerdvd 11 and bluray folders working? Maybe powerdvd11 is a bit different?
PDVD11 should work with index.bdmv, and here are your external player codes......these codes will allow you to playback blu-ray ISO/BDMV using PDVD11+XBMC11.0.......

You need to replace J: in this line "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" J: with the available VirtualCloneDrive in your HTPC.

Playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Monty\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" J:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Hail.ceasar - 2012-06-10

Hello Bluray,

My AVR is the Onkyo TX-NR609 and my GPU is ATI Radeon 6320 IGP built into AMD E-450 .

cheers

(2012-06-10, 19:01)bluray Wrote:
(2012-06-10, 17:26)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Hello Bluray,

Cheers
What are your GPU and AVR?

(2012-06-10, 14:36)shaktoo Wrote: bluray , I swapped pdvd11 for TMT5 and it is working perfectly , no stuttering, but there is one thing. When i stop the media it dosent exits pdvd11 and i have to use the keyboard to exit out of pdvd to get xbmc focus back. I tried mapping the ALT+F4 to my harmony one remote but using that has caused 2 x BSOD's ( which I have never had before ). I tried looking at xbmc logs and windows logs but there dosent seem to be anything that could explain this.
Anyways could you help in exiting out of pdvd11.
could this help me in this regards ?http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179
or eshell.exe solution you have in the first post
my remote setup is otherwise working very well and I dont want to change anything except get this function of closing pdvd down on media stopping.
thanks
Make sure to use PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe instead of PowerDVD11.exe.....

(2012-06-10, 20:07)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Hello Bluray,

My AVR is the Onkyo TX-NR609 and my GPU is ATI Radeon 6320 IGP built into AMD E-450 .

cheers
That is a very nice Onkyo....try these-

1. Make sure that you connects your system this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via 2 HDMI cables
2. Install the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect
3. Select AMD HDMI output in Windows 7 control panel sound playback
4. Configure TMT5 as posted in my earlier post.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - shaktoo - 2012-06-10

bluray I am using PDVDlaunch Policy already. any thoughts on how to exit the programme to get back to xbmc using remote ?

(2012-06-10, 22:11)shaktoo Wrote: bluray I am using PDVDlaunch Policy already. any thoughts on how to exit the programme to get back to xbmc using remote ?
Have you try to hit STOP and BACK buttons? I know on the keyboard I have to hits Ctrl+X to exit PDVD11.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-11

(2012-06-10, 19:50)bluray Wrote:
(2012-06-10, 03:58)Ghostdivision Wrote:
(2012-06-10, 01:29)niv.itz Wrote: Try this-

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" AUTOPLAY BD J:

Wouldnt that be for iso's though? Were trying to get it working with bluray folders ripped to hard drives.
Bluray...i found powerdvd 11, i replaced your bat. with powerdvd11 path, and its still launching power dvd (11) and just sitting there, have you ever got powerdvd 11 and bluray folders working? Maybe powerdvd11 is a bit different?
PDVD11 should work with index.bdmv, and here are your external player codes......these codes will allow you to playback blu-ray ISO/BDMV using PDVD11+XBMC11.0.......

You need to replace J: in this line "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" J: with the available VirtualCloneDrive in your HTPC.

Playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\Monty\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" J:

Thanks, i tried this but not luck, it just sits there, is it safe to say powerdvd just wont work launching bdmv folders? Not even 11?
I\

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-11

Also is there a way for iso's to autoplay in powerdvd? Iso's work, but when powerdvd is launched you still have to hit play...

Update: Found that pointing to this autoplays iso's, appears to be a location for powerdvd mce...might be better for mce remote support as well.

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema11.exe

Still cannot get bdmv folders working though with powerdvd 11, just wont play.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - aznxtc - 2012-06-11

Bluray,

I hope you can help me i have a problem when i play music it keeps on defaulting to the external player powerdvd 12...Is there a code i can put in the playercorefactory.xml so it can default to the internal xbmc player...Thanks.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-11

(2012-06-11, 01:20)Ghostdivision Wrote: Thanks, i tried this but not luck, it just sits there, is it safe to say powerdvd just wont work launching bdmv folders? Not even 11?
I\
There must be something missing in your HTPC....do you have this "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)" and other Windows updates installed?

I tried PDVD11 trial version on my HTPC before I posted the codes in post #678 yesterday. The blu-ray BDMV and ISO movies launched automatically....and when I relaunched it, it asked me to Resume/Restart the movies.....

So, PDVD11 works fine with the codes.........please check all your updates and make sure to use the exact codes in post #678....you only need to change VCD drive in PlayISO.bat code........

(2012-06-11, 09:03)aznxtc Wrote: Bluray,

I hope you can help me i have a problem when i play music it keeps on defaulting to the external player powerdvd 12...Is there a code i can put in the playercorefactory.xml so it can default to the internal xbmc player...Thanks.
You can post your playercorefactory codes in here.....we'll see what you have in it....!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - aznxtc - 2012-06-11

Here is my playercorefactory.xml.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<!-- You can place your PlayBDMV file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\vewlix\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"/fullscreen</args>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>D:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>

</player>
<!-- You can place your PlayISO file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\vewlix\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayDisc file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\vewlix\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>

<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="G:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-11

@aznxtc-
You can try the rules below:

<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*avi.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="G:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-12

Thanks got it working, noticed you dont point to the bdmv.bat with powerdvd 11.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-12

Does powerdvd have any problems with mce remotes? I see a few people complaining about complications, i hope its nothing that cant be worked out for proper control. The mce powerdvd plugin does not support index.bdmv, so i have to use the regular player.