Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-12, 01:05)Ghostdivision Wrote: Thanks got it working, noticed you dont point to the bdmv.bat with powerdvd 11.
I tried PDVD11 with PlayBDMV.bat, but it didn't start the movie automatically. It started the movie and it worked great with PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe directly. It's sligthly different from TMT5. TMT5 work great with PlayBDMV.bat....

Regarding the remote controller, I never get a chance to try PDVD11 on my HTPC's with MCE remote controller......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-12

One little annoying thing I am noticing is when powerdvd 11 is launched, it is in full screen, but it wont hide the controls, i have to kind of click on the screen with my mouse then the controls will disappear, just curious if anyone knows how to get rid of those controls without clicking?

Edit nevermind button on the bottom right hand corner needed to be clicked.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-12

Well after trying out power dvd 11, im finding it buggier then 12, and some blurays wont play that are newer that play with 12.

So either powerdvd 12 addresses my support ticket to add index.bdmv support to 12, or I will stick with tmt.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - aznxtc - 2012-06-12

bluray,
I used the code you gave me, but it still doesn't work...It keeps launching powerdvd12 ...when i manually right click the song and choose play using, papplayer then it works...otherwise it just defaults to the external player powerdvd12.....do you have anything else i can try.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-12, 08:15)aznxtc Wrote: bluray,
I used the code you gave me, but it still doesn't work...It keeps launching powerdvd12 ...when i manually right click the song and choose play using, papplayer then it works...otherwise it just defaults to the external player powerdvd12.....do you have anything else i can try.
Is it possible that you have too many things installed? I tried it with "Current Stable Release: 11.0 “Eden”". It worked fine. What is the song format?

I used the codes below.....the only option that didn't work with PDVD12 is PlayBDMV.......

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayBDMV file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\vewlix\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayISO file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\vewlix\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayDisc file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\vewlix\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*avi.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="G:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - aznxtc - 2012-06-12

what do you mean by to many things installed?...format is flac...Im also using the latest build 11.0 Eden.

I think im just gonna reinstall it and see what happens.

(2012-06-12, 21:47)aznxtc Wrote: what do you mean by to many things installed?...format is flac...Im also using the latest build 11.0 Eden.

I think im just gonna reinstall it and see what happens.
With the codes above, it should be using PDVD12 when playback m2ts, mkv, avi, ts, iso and bdmv files only. All other files should be using XBMC for playback.....

Try to un-install XBMC completely, and re-intall 11.0.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andyd - 2012-06-13

I had this working pretty well and then silly me decided to install Frodo after the announcement of the improvements in Audio

Now these scripts are not working well at all. I'm thinking XBMC now has it's own built in way of handling this? When launching a folder rip, I now get 3 options which includes watching the main movie in XBMC and an option to view menus that opens up TMT.

Have you tried running Frodo?

Also, for some reason mp4s are now launching TMT but nothing is played back. This only started happening with Frodo as well.

I shouldn't have moved to a development build but hoping you might have some experience with this already. If not, I'll go through the pains of reinstalling

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-13

@AndyD- if you are using external player, it is better to stick with the stable 11.0......TMT5 or PDVD11 should be able to handle all video and audio without XBMC.......if you want to bitstream using XBMC, you can check out this thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC,,,,,,

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-13

I think ill end up buying powerdvd as well. I notice most blurays play on tmt, but some dont, meanwhile most play on powerdvd but some wont. Apocalypse now wont play on tmt for example which is kind of absurd, but tmt support claims there just addressing it now. But will work for powerdvd. Meanwhile a few blurays wont display a picture in powerdvd for some reason.

So as a back up even though i mainly use bdmv folders and tmt, i will use powerdvd for iso, i dont think it should be an issue. THen if tmt cant play something as bdmv folder, i just convert it to iso and powerdvd will play it.

Thats the best i could come up with to make sure everything plays.

Its weird on my dune meadia streamer i never had a disc not play.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Hail.ceasar - 2012-06-13

Could you please share the modified code you used to point to powerdvd11?

thanks

(2012-06-12, 01:05)Ghostdivision Wrote: Thanks got it working, noticed you dont point to the bdmv.bat with powerdvd 11.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-13

(2012-06-13, 20:51)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Could you please share the modified code you used to point to powerdvd11?

thanks

He referred to the codes I generated for him in post #678........

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-14

(2012-06-13, 20:51)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Could you please share the modified code you used to point to powerdvd11?

thanks

For powerdvd 11? I just used bluray playercorefactory he posted.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - shaktoo - 2012-06-15

I have now full remote function with pdvd11 using logitech harmony one and setting up as device " Microsoft ---Windows Media Centre SE " which gives extended options including all ALT+F4 or ALT +X commands as well. Working sweet.
there are a few niggles though:
1- I am just using the playercorefactory.xml with just the external player code as given in post #644. Anytime I try and add for ISO, BDMV & Bluray disc I lose functionality and nothing happens . Basically I want pdvd11 to handle all the sbs3d/ISO's/ BDMV/Bluray Disc and xbmc native to handle everything else.
2-now that launching, playback and exiting the external player is working , XBMC refuses to take focus again and just sits in the taskbar unless manually clicked back to focus . Am I missing something here ?
Thanks bluray

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-15

bluray, just a quick question, do you bring up the mce tmt version rather then the normal tmt version for any reason? Does the mce version work better with mce remote?

I am going to purchase an mce remote soon, but what troubles me is some of the shortcut keys like popup menu button dont seem to work in the mce tmt version. Im just wondering if the regular tmt software (non mce player) works well with mce remote, or you use the mce version of tmt in your bat file because it works better with mce remote?