Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andyd - 2012-07-29

(2012-07-28, 16:24)andyd Wrote:
(2012-07-09, 00:47)andyd Wrote: Anyone here upgraded to the latest version of TMT5 and having issues with controls during playback?

I can longer exit out or control playback of a movie after launching a folder rip or iso

I finally addressed this issue by switching to the TMT player as opposed to the WMC integrated player. I think the latest update to TMT5 causes some focus issues. I had to use a mouse to click on TMT to get controls to work.

I had to a shortcut to exit out of TMT but at least it works as expected now

Actually, this wasn't a good idea since I'm also using Flirc. Having to deal with 3 things (WMC, XBMC and TMT5) gets close to impossible without having two profiles on my remote which I want to avoid doing.

Is there anything I can do to get WMC to be in focus after launching a bluray rip? The only way the controls are recognized is if I use a mouse and click on it

Edit - nm. I downgraded and now all is well again

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - kaffekask - 2012-07-29

Just a tip, this
Code:
if %ext%==.iso goto iso
if %ext%==.ISO goto iso
if %ext%==bdmv goto disk
if %ext%==BDMV goto disk
if %ext%==.ifo goto disk
if %ext%==.IFO goto disk

can be replaced with
Code:
if /i %ext%==.iso goto iso
if /i %ext%==bdmv goto disk
if /i %ext%==.ifo goto disk
/i =case insensitive

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - mirage_19 - 2012-07-29

(2012-06-09, 07:45)bluray Wrote: @Ghostdivision,
You can try....

Playercorefactory.xml:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Batch-Files\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="TMT3D" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Batch-Files\3DMKV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<rule filename=".sbs3d.mkv*" protocols="*.sbs3d.mkv" player="TMT3D"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.cmd:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" G:

3DMKV.cmd:
@echo off
set pth=%1
set pth=%pthConfusedbs3d\sbs3d.mkv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %pth% exit

I've copy 100% Result is:

Iso will load by clonedrive but not autoplay by powerdvd12?

3D Files, aka sbs3d not work and XBMC freeze :-(

PowerDVD 12 is murks, absolutly. There are player does play 3D MKV and Blu-Ray Iso? PowerDVD12 don't work correct with XBMC and TMT5.3 audio is asynchron. :-(

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-07-29

(2012-07-29, 17:55)mirage_19 Wrote: Iso will load by clonedrive but not autoplay by powerdvd12?
I tried the trial version of PDVD12 on two HTPC's, and ISO worked fine with autoplay using .xml and .bat files.......

(2012-07-29, 17:55)mirage_19 Wrote: TMT5.3 audio is asynchron. :-(
I never try TMT5.3, but TMT5.0 work great with 7MCE and XBMC..........

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acemt - 2012-08-04

Hi BluRay-

Haven't spoken with you in a while. I have been using DSPlayer still for everything but still am unable to watch anythng in a Blu-ray Folder anymore. I used to be able to use Powerdvd 11, but now when I click on an index.bdmv file, it doesn't work. I also have Powerdvd 12 installed, and it does not work either. Tried the latest version of TMT5 and no luck there either.

What are you using these days, program and version? I don't even care if I can run it from XBMC, I just want to watch these movies. Thanks for your help.

Mark

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-04

(2012-08-04, 01:01)acemt Wrote: Hi BluRay-

Haven't spoken with you in a while. I have been using DSPlayer still for everything but still am unable to watch anythng in a Blu-ray Folder anymore. I used to be able to use Powerdvd 11, but now when I click on an index.bdmv file, it doesn't work. I also have Powerdvd 12 installed, and it does not work either. Tried the latest version of TMT5 and no luck there either.

What are you using these days, program and version? I don't even care if I can run it from XBMC, I just want to watch these movies. Thanks for your help.

Mark
Sorry to read your trouble....

I use the codes in the first page of this thread.......blu-ray folder and other blu-ray files work great with TMT5 by selecting movie option in XBMC.....

If you haven't visit the first page of this thread lately, you might want to check out.......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acemt - 2012-08-08

Bluray---

What version of TMT5 are you using. The info at the beginning related to using these with XBMC. I don't even want to use XBMC to play BDMV files, I just want to be able to play them. I tried the latest version of TMT5 and no luck, Powerdvd 11 used to work as I said by clicking on the index.bdmv file, but it no longer works since I updated it.

Mark

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-08

(2012-08-08, 01:11)acemt Wrote: Bluray---

What version of TMT5 are you using. The info at the beginning related to using these with XBMC. I don't even want to use XBMC to play BDMV files, I just want to be able to play them. I tried the latest version of TMT5 and no luck, Powerdvd 11 used to work as I said by clicking on the index.bdmv file, but it no longer works since I updated it.

Mark
I'm using TMT 5.0.1.114.....I setup on 4 HTPC's using the codes in the 1st post, and it works great with BDMV, ISO, M2TS, MKV, etc.....I can either double click blu-ray file on the hard drive or select blu-ray file using XBMC UI to playback the movie with external player......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - publicENEMY - 2012-08-10

what is recommended. tmt or pdvd?
can mpchc play blu ray menu?

thanks.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Fred_Dorfman - 2012-08-10

(2012-04-19, 01:46)Brc995 Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 23:17)bluray Wrote: @Brc995-
I'm glad that everything works fine for you. For DVD, you can add this rule "<rule filename=".*ifo.*" player="Universal_Player"/>". Since DVD VIDEO_TS is IFO file, it should work. You can simply navigate through DVD folder to VIDEO_TS to playback the movie......

@bluray

Thanks for your very quick and helpful reply.

I have created a "PlayIFO.bat" file based on your PlayBDMV.bat code and modified your suggested playercorefactory code to add an "IFO_Player" that works like your BDMV_Player and plays the DVD folder just by clicking on the film poster in XBMC.

Any family member or guest can now play any film or TV show using all the same remote control commands for each library item without knowing, or caring, whether they are playing an iso or a folder.

Thanks again for your help, it is very much appreciated.

I also want to use TMT5 to play back DVD's from DVD folder structure (rather than .iso). I have Bluray's PlayBDMV.bat code working great to play bluray folders with TMT5.

Could the poster or anyone else help me with the appropriate command lines in the batch file to launch the appropriate DVD File? I guess I don't have enough scripting skill to be able to send the correct relative path of the dvd folder to TMT5. TMT5 starts and then just sits there waiting for something to play.

This poster mentions that he based his PlayIFO.bat file on Bluray's PlayBDMV.bat file:

set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %pth% exit

I've tried several modifications such as changing line 2 to : set pth=%pth:VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO=% which doesn't seem to work.
(I've also added a rule in the playercorefactory xml to use the PlayIFO.bat file with DVD Folder structure.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-10

(2012-08-10, 05:14)publicENEMY Wrote: what is recommended. tmt or pdvd?
can mpchc play blu ray menu?

thanks.
I prefer TMT over PDVD......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-11

(2012-08-10, 22:32)Fred_Dorfman Wrote: This poster mentions that he based his PlayIFO.bat file on Bluray's PlayBDMV.bat file:

set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %pth% exit

I've tried several modifications such as changing line 2 to : set pth=%pth:VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO=% which doesn't seem to work.
(I've also added a rule in the playercorefactory xml to use the PlayIFO.bat file with DVD Folder structure.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I don't think that TMT5 support DVD .IFO file. He might have used the code with TMT2/TMT3. I thought TMT5 might support IFO file. I tried it, but it didn't work. I end up use MPC-HC to playback IFO file with the codes below-

You can add the codes below playercorefactory main code-

<player name="MPCHC_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

Add the codes below to playercorefactory rule-

<rule filenames="video_ts.ifo" filetypes="ifo" player="MPCHC_Player"/>

You can select video_ts.ifo file using XBMC videos/file option or XBMC videos/movie option to playback ifo file...MPC-HC work very welll with IFO file....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Fred_Dorfman - 2012-08-12

Bluray, thanks for looking into this. I actually got this working, and it is one of those frustrating situations where I can't pinpoint for sure the mistake I was making (maybe I was forgetting a quotation or a colon somewhere in the batch file)

Anyway, if this is helpful for anyone in the future who uses TMT5 and wants to play DVD's from folder structure using XBMC, the following files/entries work on my system:

playercorefactory entries:

< player name="IFO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\"....."\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayIFO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>

<rule dvdfile="true" player="IFO_Player"/>

PlayIFO.bat :

@echo off
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %pth% exit

It seems that you must use the uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe and not uLaunchTMT5.exe in the above batch file (this may be the cause of my original problem)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-12

@Fred_Dorfman,
I'm glad that you got it to work.......Nod

What is version is your TMT5? It doesn't seem to work with version 5.0.1.114.

I have no problem getting TMT5 to start DVD IFO file with this "<rule filenames="video_ts.ifo" filetypes="ifo" player="DVDIFO_Player"/>" and the same .bat file as what you listed it....but TMT5 crashed after it started the movie......the same IFO file worked fine with MPC-HC.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Fred_Dorfman - 2012-08-12

(2012-08-12, 04:15)bluray Wrote: @Fred_Dorfman,
I'm glad that you got it to work.......Nod

What is version is your TMT5? It doesn't seem to work with version 5.0.1.114.

I have no problem getting TMT5 to start DVD IFO file with this "<rule filenames="video_ts.ifo" filetypes="ifo" player="DVDIFO_Player"/>" and the same .bat file as what you listed it....but TMT5 crashed after it started the movie......the same IFO file worked fine with MPC-HC.....

I'm using TMT5 version 5.3.1.146. Maybe this newer version fixes the problem??

Have you tried using the simpler <rule dvdfile="true" player="IFO_Player"/> ? Not sure if this would make a difference. Maybe it is launching the wrong .IFO file in the VIDEO_TS folder.

Also, as I mentioned in my last post, for some reason launching the uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe from the batch file works for me, but launching uLaunchTMT5.exe seems to cause TMT5 to hang.