Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-12

(2012-08-12, 08:08)Fred_Dorfman Wrote:
(2012-08-12, 04:15)bluray Wrote: @Fred_Dorfman,
I'm glad that you got it to work.......Nod

What is version is your TMT5? It doesn't seem to work with version 5.0.1.114.

I have no problem getting TMT5 to start DVD IFO file with this "<rule filenames="video_ts.ifo" filetypes="ifo" player="DVDIFO_Player"/>" and the same .bat file as what you listed it....but TMT5 crashed after it started the movie......the same IFO file worked fine with MPC-HC.....

I'm using TMT5 version 5.3.1.146. Maybe this newer version fixes the problem??
It's very possible.....

(2012-08-12, 08:08)Fred_Dorfman Wrote: Have you tried using the simpler <rule dvdfile="true" player="IFO_Player"/> ? Not sure if this would make a difference. Maybe it is launching the wrong .IFO file in the VIDEO_TS folder.

Also, as I mentioned in my last post, for some reason launching the uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe from the batch file works for me, but launching uLaunchTMT5.exe seems to cause TMT5 to hang.
I tried all the above since I'm starting using external player last year, and I tried it again before I suggested MPC-HC.....as I said, I don't have problem launching IFO automatically using TMT5....it crashed with version 5.0.1.114 after it start playing IFO for a few seconds.......

I don't mind using XBMC to playback IFO because I have a few IFO movies only.......I traded all my old DVD's for blu-ray's......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-13

hi,

I am new to XBMC and always used Media Center 7 with mediabrowser. For 3D ISO playback I used the PowerDVD12 plugin and this worked perfectly internal in Media Center for 3D playback.

I would like to have the same with XBMC and have a couple of questions:

1. Does external player mean that the actual PowerDVD will open in a new window or will it be internally like Media Center?
2. Is it possible to just use the internal XBMC player for 2D Blu Ray ISO's end PowerDVD12 for the 3D ISO's?
3. Any updates when XBMC can playback 3D ISO's without an external player? That would make my HTPC complete :-)

Thanks for your help

Cheers,
Steve

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-13

(2012-08-13, 10:46)smuller Wrote: 1. Does external player mean that the actual PowerDVD will open in a new window or will it be internally like Media Center?
It work very similar to 7MCE. If you would like, you can link 7MCE+XBMC+PDVD together too.....here is how you can link it together- post #751......

(2012-08-13, 10:46)smuller Wrote: 2. Is it possible to just use the internal XBMC player for 2D Blu Ray ISO's end PowerDVD12 for the 3D ISO's?
Yes.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - fabioqu78 - 2012-08-14

[Sorry for my bad English]
Hi at all, I have a little problem to play bdmv folder.Now I'll be more specific,
My configuration is:

-Windows 7 64bit Sp1
-Xbmc 11
-Virtual clone drive
-TMT 5
-All guide (xml and bat) edited right (D: for my clonedrive...,ecc...)

My bluray ripped (from my original bluray disc's) it is into a NAS (by Lan) and it is mounted (into pc where play xbmc) as "Z" drive.
I have mount to xbmc(Videos>file>add files) my bluray folder called "Movie Bluray", where there is my bluray ripped folder's.
From XBMC menu's I go to: Videos>Files>Movie Bluray and this repository contain structure like this(I have some in iso format, and some BDMV folder..):

----Name of bluray Title-----
|
|_________________>BDMV "folder" _________________________________________>STREAM,BACKUP,etc... "folder" + index.bdmv "file"
|________________>CERTIFICATE "folder"

----Another of bluray Title-----
|
|_________________> ISO "file"

The Iso file work correctly with TMT5, but I cannot play bluray structure folder from name of title.
If I go Videos>Files>Movie Bluray>Name of movie bluray>BDMV and I clic "C" with keyboard on index.bdmv and I choose "open with ; bdmv player", the bluray work(with menu as a bluray disc)
My goal it is to play file directly from Videos>Files>Movie Bluray>"Name of movie bluray" and when I will import movie into libray, play it from "Movies>Name of movie bluray" also. If I play from this, the program try to play all m2ts files without show movie, and goes to play all m2ts in looping, and at the end I have to force close ,the xbmc program, because becomes uncontrollable.
How I can do ??

My PLAYBDMV file it is untouched as posted from author of this post:

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %pth% exit

Thank you in advance for help me.
F.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-13, 16:45)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 10:46)smuller Wrote: 1. Does external player mean that the actual PowerDVD will open in a new window or will it be internally like Media Center?
It work very similar to 7MCE. If you would like, you can link 7MCE+XBMC+PDVD together too.....here is how you can link it together- post #751......

(2012-08-13, 10:46)smuller Wrote: 2. Is it possible to just use the internal XBMC player for 2D Blu Ray ISO's end PowerDVD12 for the 3D ISO's?
Yes.....

Thanks bluray, I will try I out tonight Wink

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-14

(2012-06-29, 13:17)poetter747 Wrote: Hi there,

was anyone succesful on integrating PowerDVD12?

I want to use internal player as default and PowerDVD to play file wih mask *.3dbd.*

So my playerfactory.xml look like this:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12.exe</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
            <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
            <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
        </player>
        <player name="PowerDVDISO" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>c:\batches\PlayISOPowerDVD.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule filetypes="iso" filename="*.3dbd.*" player="PowerDVDISO"/>
    </rules>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule filetypes="mkv" filename="*.3dbd.*" player="PowerDVD"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

My problem is that the PowerDVD Task ends immediately or isn't even created. When i play an iso file i can see the batch job starting, so the problem doesn't seem to be the playercorefactory. When i start the same command from outside XBMC PowerDVD starts up and plays the file just fine.

Any ideas someone?

I wanna do exactly the same but can't make it work ;-( I tried different playercorefactory.xml files but either PowerDVD plays everything or the internal player plays everything.

So I only wanna use PowerDVD12 (or TMT5) for 3D iso files and the rest with the internal player. I don't want to link it with WMC. I also prefer to have the external player to open inside XBMC and not in a new window,

@bluray, can you please provide me with the correct xml file.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Cheers,
Steve

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-14

@smuller-
You can try the codes below. You need to replace J: in this line "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" J: with the available VirtualCloneDrive and xxxx with the correct user name in your HTPC. You need to place both files in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder.

Playercorefactory.xml:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="_3dbd" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" J:

You need to name your 3d movie in this format "Avatar_3dbd.iso".....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-14

@fabio-

Did you place both playercorefactory.xml and playbdmv.bat in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder? You need to make sure to replace "Dell" in this "C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat" line to the correct login user name in playercorefactory.xml......

(2012-08-14, 17:52)bluray Wrote: @smuller-
You can try the codes below. You need to replace J: in this line "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" J: with the available VirtualCloneDrive and xxxx with the correct user name in your HTPC. You need to place both files in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder.

Playercorefactory.xml:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:
@echo off

Thanks bluray, I will give it a go later tonight. To confirm, this is the whole XML file so there will be nothing for the internal player in this file?

Cheers

(2012-08-14, 21:08)smuller Wrote:

Playercorefactory.xml:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:
@echo off

Thanks bluray, I will give it a go later tonight. To confirm, this is the whole XML file so there will be nothing for the internal player in this file?

Cheers
_3dbd.iso movie will be using TMT5 for playback when you select movie in XBMC UI. The other files will use XBMC media player.....

Thanks mate, I live in Sydney (6am now) so I have to go to work now. Will let you know tonight if it works Smile

I do have to rename +90 Blu Ray 3D ISO files ;( lol

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-15

Playercorefactory.xml:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:
@echo off

Ok, I renamed all my ISO files to title_3dbd.iso

Have put the 2 files (Playercorefactory.xml and PlayISO.bat) into the AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata and changed it to my username and the correct drive number of course ;-)

Unfortunately it still doesn't work ;-( If I open the 3D movie it still uses the internal player and not PowerDVD ;(

I have checked all the links, do I perhaps miss somethingHuh I have double checked the files:

Hope you can advice me what to do Wink

------
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC-SteveM\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
</playercorefactory>
--------------------------------------

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" X:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-15

Just some extra info, if I click on the file then internet explorer is opening and shows the following:

C:\Users\HTPC-SteveM\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat "{1}" true true none

Alright, I added </rules> at the end and now it does work ;-)

Unfortunately it is opening in a new window so it will leave xbmc. Is there any way to use the players inside XBMC?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-15, 12:51)smuller Wrote: Alright, I added </rules> at the end and now it does work ;-)

Unfortunately it is opening in a new window so it will leave xbmc. Is there any way to use the players inside XBMC?
Here are your codes. With these codes, it'll not hide XBMC.....

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC-SteveM\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
--------------------------------------