Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - fabioqu78 - 2012-08-15

quote='bluray' pid='1169243' dateline='1344960422']
@fabio-

Did you place both playercorefactory.xml and playbdmv.bat in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder?

Yes

You need to make sure to replace "Dell" in this "C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat" line to the correct login user name in playercorefactory.xml......

Yes, it was replaced with current user.
How I can do?
Thanks.

[/quote]

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-16

(2012-08-15, 16:15)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-15, 12:51)smuller Wrote: Alright, I added </rules> at the end and now it does work ;-)

Unfortunately it is opening in a new window so it will leave xbmc. Is there any way to use the players inside XBMC?
Here are your codes. With these codes, it'll not hide XBMC.....

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC-SteveM\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="_3dbd" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
--------------------------------------

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" X:

Thanks bluray, I changed it but it is still the same starting window from Powerdvd that is showing up. I have to press play again to get it to work,

My 2nd problems is that windows doesn't have any sound when xbmc is on, meaning I have no sound since Powerdvd is not playing from inside xbmc ;(

And my last problem is that Powerdvd is also using the normal 2D ISO's while I would prefer the xbmc internal player.

Hope you can give me some more advise :-)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-16

(2012-08-16, 02:01)smuller Wrote:
(2012-08-15, 16:15)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-15, 12:51)smuller Wrote: Alright, I added </rules> at the end and now it does work ;-)

Unfortunately it is opening in a new window so it will leave xbmc. Is there any way to use the players inside XBMC?
Here are your codes. With these codes, it'll not hide XBMC.....

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC-SteveM\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
--------------------------------------

@echo off

Thanks bluray, I changed it but it is still the same starting window from Powerdvd that is showing up. I have to press play again to get it to work,

My 2nd problems is that windows doesn't have any sound when xbmc is on, meaning I have no sound since Powerdvd is not playing from inside xbmc ;(

And my last problem is that Powerdvd is also using the normal 2D ISO's while I would prefer the xbmc internal player.

Hope you can give me some more advise :-)
Try these codes then-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

@echo off
ping -n 2 -w 1000 127.0.0.1 > nul
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12.exe" X:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
exit

As far as sound, you need to make sure that proper HDMI audio output is selected in Windows 7 control panel, select the proper WASAPI HDMI audio output in XBMC audio output and PDVD12 is set to the correct HDMI audio output.......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-19

Thanks for your help bluray.

I solved the sound problem :-)

Unfortunately it will only use the internal player now with your new codes ;(

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - fabioqu78 - 2012-08-19

No solutions for my previus post?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-19

(2012-08-19, 13:08)smuller Wrote: Thanks for your help bluray.

I solved the sound problem :-)

Unfortunately it will only use the internal player now with your new codes ;(
It might not like the delay codes in bat file. You can go back to the previous code below-

@echo off

(2012-08-19, 16:03)fabioqu78 Wrote: No solutions for my previus post?
Can you post your xml and bat files in here?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - fabioqu78 - 2012-08-19

Sure:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filenames="BD" name="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

And.....Playbdmv

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %pth% exit

I think it is a problem of uMCEPlayer5.exe that cannot play bluray folder.With Iso work good.
For example, I tested to play a index.bdmv with uMCEPlayer5.exe and as Xbmc, open Arcsoft total media window....but showing "NO DISC: D:" and do not play movie.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-19

@fabio-

You can try the rule below instead-

<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

To playback BDMV file, you can simply select BDMV movie in XBMC Video\Movies\Title or navigate to index.bdmv in XBMC Video\Files.......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bvlgari1985 - 2012-08-19

hy ! how can i control powerdvd12 in xbmc ? i launch the movie but remote controls doesn't work!

(2012-08-19, 18:44)fabioqu78 Wrote: I think it is a problem of uMCEPlayer5.exe that cannot play bluray folder.With Iso work good.
For example, I tested to play a index.bdmv with uMCEPlayer5.exe and as Xbmc, open Arcsoft total media window....but showing "NO DISC: D:" and do not play movie.
Not really....I can playback blu-ray ISO, BDMV and BD-ROM using uMCEPlayer5.exe as XBMC external player on all 4 of HTPC (2 min-ITX, 1 touch screen all-in-one and another one is a laptop)........

(2012-08-19, 19:25)bvlgari1985 Wrote: hy ! how can i control powerdvd12 in xbmc ? i launch the movie but remote controls doesn't work!
You might need to install this- Customized MCE......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - fabioqu78 - 2012-08-20

Right "Bluray", it is as you told,....with Video\Movies\Title WORKS! It worked only scanning the movie into library...

Thank you!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 09:48)fabioqu78 Wrote: Right "Bluray", it is as you told,....with Video\Movies\Title WORKS! It worked only scanning the movie into library...

Thank you!
It is good read that it work.....Nod

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acemt - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-04, 05:45)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 01:01)acemt Wrote: Hi BluRay-

Haven't spoken with you in a while. I have been using DSPlayer still for everything but still am unable to watch anythng in a Blu-ray Folder anymore. I used to be able to use Powerdvd 11, but now when I click on an index.bdmv file, it doesn't work. I also have Powerdvd 12 installed, and it does not work either. Tried the latest version of TMT5 and no luck there either.

What are you using these days, program and version? I don't even care if I can run it from XBMC, I just want to watch these movies. Thanks for your help.

Mark
Sorry to read your trouble....

I use the codes in the first page of this thread.......blu-ray folder and other blu-ray files work great with TMT5 by selecting movie option in XBMC.....

If you haven't visit the first page of this thread lately, you might want to check out.......

(2012-08-08, 04:16)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-08, 01:11)acemt Wrote: Bluray---

What version of TMT5 are you using. The info at the beginning related to using these with XBMC. I don't even want to use XBMC to play BDMV files, I just want to be able to play them. I tried the latest version of TMT5 and no luck, Powerdvd 11 used to work as I said by clicking on the index.bdmv file, but it no longer works since I updated it.

Mark
I'm using TMT 5.0.1.114.....I setup on 4 HTPC's using the codes in the 1st post, and it works great with BDMV, ISO, M2TS, MKV, etc.....I can either double click blu-ray file on the hard drive or select blu-ray file using XBMC UI to playback the movie with external player......

Bluray-

Sorry, another question. I tried rolling back to TMT5 .114. Picture freezes after 5-7 seconds on all media. version .80 okay, but doesn't bitstream. Have you tried newer versions? What video card are you using. I have a ATI 5670 and I think it may be the culprit.

Thanks

Mark