Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ibleedspeed - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-29, 06:11)dpar Wrote: I have everything working perfectly with XBMC and TMT 5. My only question is do you have a solution for hiding the cmd window that opens when the .bat files are run? I'd like to have a seamless transition from XBMC to TMT 5 if possible.
I have not seen a command window..the only issue i have is movies do not auto start. i wish tmt5 was a little more configurable....Nod my playback is not exactly smooth either.. i used the hide xbmc code and enabled hardware acceleration but its still a faint frame skip.
perhaps i need to disable some things for a speed boost before logging in to xbmc to watch a bluray.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Skank - 2012-08-29

Ok trying to do this too..
installed anydvd, clonedrive, and TMT 5
When i right click in explorer the iso file or bdmv.index filee, chose the batch file to use tmt5
everything plays well
going into xbmc... it just wont start... how come?
i can right click and then i see the links to the batch, but it doesnt start

(2012-08-29, 05:04)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-28, 18:52)smuller Wrote: Hi bluray,

Done everything and also installed AnyDVD HD but still same result. Is there perhaps something inside XBMC settings I need to change? It is still weird that Daemon is loading and VCDmount not via XBMC. I do not see any logic in this ;(
I haven't figure out why it wouldn't work on some HTPC's, and it works fine on my HTPC's and others. I tried the same XML and BAT codes as listed on post #923 on three HTPC's tonight. It launched TMT5 and started the movie automatically everytime....Huh

Have you install this- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)? I'm using TMT 5.0.1.114. Maybe, other versions are not working properly with auto start....Huh

Is the guide in the first post still good?
I wonder why we even need anydvd?
Wont clonedrive be enough? together with tmt 5?
( using TMT 5.0.1.114. too )

edit: It seems that m2ts files do launch from within xbmc with TMT 5 why not the rest then?

Ok strange thing..

Ive got it all running on my desktop pc..
Ive set it on my htpc.. All ok, but when i launch a movie inside xbmc, i now get an error: external player started, click ok when its finished, but i dont see the external player.. I dunno why he doesnt do it here but does on my desktop..

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - dpar - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-29, 21:48)Skank Wrote: Ok strange thing..

Ive set it on my htpc.. All ok, but when i launch a movie inside xbmc, i now get an error: external player started, click ok when its finished, but i dont see the external player.. I dunno why he doesnt do it here but does on my desktop..

This is because you have the "hideconsole" option set to true in your playercorefactory.xml. On a 64bit system with hideconsole set to true it does the same thing to me. Change it to false and it should work....but...it will show a cmd console window as it loads TMT 5, which is why I asked the question about hiding the cmd console window another way.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-29, 06:11)dpar Wrote: I have everything working perfectly with XBMC and TMT 5. My only question is do you have a solution for hiding the cmd window that opens when the .bat files are run? I'd like to have a seamless transition from XBMC to TMT 5 if possible.
You'll have better seamless transition by not hiding XBMC with this "<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>" code.....

(2012-08-29, 09:45)ibleedspeed Wrote:
I have not seen a command window..the only issue i have is movies do not auto start. i wish tmt5 was a little more configurable....Nod my playback is not exactly smooth either.. i used the hide xbmc code and enabled hardware acceleration but its still a faint frame skip.
perhaps i need to disable some things for a speed boost before logging in to xbmc to watch a bluray.
Did you enable HW and maximum performance in TMT5?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - dpar - 2012-08-29

I already tried setting it to "<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>" and it didn't make a difference. The cmd console window still shows while it is running the .bat file.
Is there a way to run the .bat file minimized or hidden?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-29, 14:28)Skank Wrote: Is the guide in the first post still good?
I wonder why we even need anydvd?
Wont clonedrive be enough? together with tmt 5?
( using TMT 5.0.1.114. too )
The codes in the first post works fine in my HTPC's....if you are having issue with HDCP and encrypted file, you'll need AnyDVD HD....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-29, 22:58)dpar Wrote: I already tried setting it to "<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>" and it didn't make a difference. The cmd console window still shows while it is running the .bat file.
Is there a way to run the .bat file minimized or hidden?
You can try to remove these two lines-

<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

You shouldn't see any .bat.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Skank - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-29, 22:46)dpar Wrote:

This is because you have the "hideconsole" option set to true in your playercorefactory.xml. On a 64bit system with hideconsole set to true it does the same thing to me. Change it to false and it should work....but...it will show a cmd console window as it loads TMT 5, which is why I asked the question about hiding the cmd console window another way.

Well.. I might try it your way but i could fix it by turning on thr option in xbmc to use maximized window instead of true fullscreen... Now it works...
So im not sure about your fix...

It now all works but i got lots of hickups streaming bluray and even with mkv!
I looked at options in tmt5 but dont see anything wrong there...how come i have hickups and with xbmc not?

edit:
I"ve tested again , up stairs on my desktop, all same thing (except there i dont have hd audio) and everything plays without one hickup

So i dunno whats wrong? Is it the audio part? But then why does it play in xbmc... without one hickup

(2012-08-29, 22:46)dpar Wrote:

Tried your option ,and that fixes it too
So i have two options to fix it Smile
Setting in xbmc the option on for "use max window instead of true fullscreen" didnt work well for me, so im gonna see if i still have hickups now with your option

Bluray can you post your version of video drivers...
Ive read on forum of tmt, that tmt5 has stuttering video issues with latest ati drivers...
Ati video drivers of 11.4 should prevent that..
What are yours? Its really strange i got hickups in standalone tmt 5

Other possibilities are mpc or powerdvd, but mpc has not the abbility to play bluray menus, and i really need that or else i could just use xbmc for the rest..

And poserdvd is not my thing, so theres not much of an option here

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-30, 15:09)Skank Wrote: Bluray can you post your version of video drivers...
Ive read on forum of tmt, that tmt5 has stuttering video issues with latest ati drivers...

Other possibilities are mpc or powerdvd, but mpc has not the abbility to play bluray menus, and i really need that or else i could just use xbmc for the rest..

Are you having stutter with XBMC+TMT5 or TMT5 by itself? If you are having stutter with XBMC+TMT5, you can try to hide XBMC with this "<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>" code......

My AMD driver is the latest 12.6 version....

(2012-08-30, 15:51)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-30, 15:09)Skank Wrote: Bluray can you post your version of video drivers...

Are you having stutter with XBMC+TMT5 or TMT5 by itself? If you are having stutter with XBMC+TMT5, you can try to hide XBMC with this "<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>" code......

My AMD driver is the latest 11.6 version....

Both
I have stutter with standalone tmt 5
I have stutter with xbmc +tmt 5
I dont have stutter with xbmc only!

Latest driver is 12.8 by the way... So you are using old ones... That might explain why yours is working

Crap
Tried it with drivers 11.4 and 11.6 and this didnt work for my gpu
Tried drivers 12.6 and 12.8 , this gave me stuttering
Installed latest trial version 5.3..... Instead of the 5.0... This gave me no stuttering...
So its definatrly driver compabilityproblem..

Anyone wanna share latest 5.3 version? Wink
Mpc doesnt do bluraymenu and powerdvd doesnt work