Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-09-01

(2012-08-31, 16:03)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-31, 13:58)siamsquare Wrote: 1.When I play an MKV TMT5 starts and plays the movie...when I hit BACK I go back to the blue screen of TMT5...when I hit BACK again to return to XBMC , TMT5 crashed every time using version 5.0.1.114
You need to hit STOP first, and then hit BACK to return to XBMC......

(2012-08-31, 13:59)Ghostdivision Wrote: I have a question im sure its been discussed, but does anyone have a mce remote working with tmt fully and xbmc. I was using this popular site auto installer, http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/
My HP MCE remote worked with TMT5 and XBMC out of the box.......

Really? I could get it working fully with tmt out of the box, xbmc however only basic functions worked, (volume, over, up down, play, stop) but dvd menu did not bring up xbmc osd, info did not bring up any info about the media being played...pictures and video buttons did not bring up pictures or videos. ...

If you can confirm your remote does this somehow out of the box, can you send me a link to it, I would likely purchase...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Skank - 2012-09-01

Using powerdvd 11 it works without stuttering, however few probs

-sometimes pwdvd just goes to xbmc and i then have to press alt tab to return to playing movie in pwd... How do i make sure its sowing pwdvd
-stopping movie doesnt return me to xbmc, it just shows xbmc minimzed
-remote isnt working but it is in pwdvd cinema mode, but when i set it to cinema mode from the beginning, then pwdvd doesnt launch the movie anymore from xbmc

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-09-01

(2012-08-29, 22:46)dpar Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 21:48)Skank Wrote: Ok strange thing..

Ive got it all running on my desktop pc..
Ive set it on my htpc.. All ok, but when i launch a movie inside xbmc, i now get an error: external player started, click ok when its finished, but i dont see the external player.. I dunno why he doesnt do it here but does on my desktop..

This is because you have the "hideconsole" option set to true in your playercorefactory.xml. On a 64bit system with hideconsole set to true it does the same thing to me. Change it to false and it should work....but...it will show a cmd console window as it loads TMT 5, which is why I asked the question about hiding the cmd console window another way.

Thank you so much, now it finally (almost) works. The only problem is that I have also got the stuttering playback now with TMT5.3 ;(
Anyone solved this problem yet?

bluray, thanks again for all your help.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - dpar - 2012-09-01

So my TMT 5 launches fine, however as I stated before it shows a cmd window when launching. This is due to having to run with the "hideconsole" set to false. If I run XBMC in a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen, then it works fine. The problem with this is that I get screen tearing when playing movies with the built in player. So I need to run XBMC in true fullscreen mode. I noticed xero273 had the same issue in this thread, but the link to the playercorefactory.xml that fixed it no longer works. Here is the post which fixed the issue for him:

(2012-02-22, 04:01)bluray Wrote:
xero273 Wrote:Just tried it. Still does not work. Could this be the problem in the log file?

18:35:45 T:3264 M:4294967295 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(bd) in bd://movie.tbn/
18:35:45 T:3708 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: "C:\Users\Xero\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat" "bd://1"
18:35:46 T:3708 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: WAIT_OBJECT_0
18:35:46 T:3708 M:4294967295 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: XBMC cannot stay hidden for a launcher process
Try these-

1. Download- playercorefactory.xml

2. If BD-ROM is not drive "E" in PlayDisc.bat, you have to set it to the correct BD-ROM drive- "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E:

3. You need to set Autoplay in Windows 7 control panel to "Take no Action". You can try to disable it by- (type "autoplay" in W7 Start search box to access it).
Auto Play:

Do you still have this playercorecfactory.xml bluray?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-01

(2012-09-01, 09:14)Skank Wrote: How do i make sure its sowing pwdvd
Configure PDVD11 to launch in fullscreen.....

(2012-09-01, 09:14)Skank Wrote: -stopping movie doesnt return me to xbmc, it just shows xbmc minimzed
Press STOP and then BACK on MCE remote to get back to XBMC.....

(2012-09-01, 15:31)smuller Wrote: Thank you so much, now it finally (almost) works. The only problem is that I have also got the stuttering playback now with TMT5.3 ;(

Did you do as below?

-enable Hardware Acceleration in TMT5 AV Center/Display
- hide XBMC "<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>"

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-01

(2012-09-01, 17:13)dpar Wrote: So my TMT 5 launches fine, however as I stated before it shows a cmd window when launching. This is due to having to run with the "hideconsole" set to false. If I run XBMC in a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen, then it works fine. The problem with this is that I get screen tearing when playing movies with the built in player. So I need to run XBMC in true fullscreen mode.
Keep XBMC runing in true fullscreen, and set XBMC to RUN: Maximize screen.....

(2012-09-01, 17:13)dpar Wrote: Do you still have this playercorecfactory.xml bluray?
It's the same playercorefactory as listed in the first page.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-09-02

(2012-09-01, 18:53)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-01, 09:14)Skank Wrote: How do i make sure its sowing pwdvd
Configure PDVD11 to launch in fullscreen.....

(2012-09-01, 09:14)Skank Wrote: -stopping movie doesnt return me to xbmc, it just shows xbmc minimzed
Press STOP and then BACK on MCE remote to get back to XBMC.....

(2012-09-01, 15:31)smuller Wrote: Thank you so much, now it finally (almost) works. The only problem is that I have also got the stuttering playback now with TMT5.3 ;(

Did you do as below?

-enable Hardware Acceleration in TMT5 AV Center/Display
- hide XBMC "<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>"

Hi bluray, I changed it to TRUE and now it does works :-) Not sure why it works now but thanks a lot.

I do however also have the cmd screen showing up so not sure if this is fixable so it will be more seamless. Also, the menu works fine with my Harmony One remote but the actual movie only pause and play works and nothing else ;(

Probably I have to add a TMT remote or something....?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-02

(2012-09-02, 05:01)smuller Wrote: Hi bluray, I changed it to TRUE and now it does works :-) Not sure why it works now but thanks a lot.
I'm glad that you got it to work now.....Nod

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Joker4life - 2012-09-03

Is it possible to load dvdfab virtual drive to mount ISO's and MINISO's in the PlayISO.batHuh

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - User 136173 - 2012-09-03

Bluray or "any other user who has functional external player -TMT" would you consider making a video tutorial for easier understanding (code writing)? I think many people would be happy about that.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-03

(2012-09-03, 03:52)Zasekamoz Wrote: Bluray or "any other user who has functional external player -TMT" would you consider making a video tutorial for easier understanding (code writing)? I think many people would be happy about that.
Sorry, my HD video camera is dead.....the instructions and codes are in the first page.....if you run into problem, you can ask for help in here......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-03

(2012-09-03, 00:25)Joker4life Wrote: Is it possible to load dvdfab virtual drive to mount ISO's and MINISO's in the PlayISO.batHuh
Sorry, I never try it. The codes in the first page work fine with "Virtual CloneDrive", and it is free.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Joker4life - 2012-09-03

That sucks I really like what DVDFab Virtual drive offers in terms of features, 18 drive emulations and miniso support compared to just 8 drives and no miniso support. I prefer it because of all the miniso files created by dvdfab ripped movies in folder structure. When hard subs, or playlist get screwed up I rely on the miniso and TMT5 to play it back correctly. DVDFab Virtual drive is also free.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Rehnquist - 2012-09-03

Do you have any experience with using the external player for 2-disc Blu Ray sets ripped to your hard drive? I am thinking of ripping them to folders but I'm wondering how to play disc 2 when it comes time.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Skank - 2012-09-04

Bluray,

Im again trying with powerdvd :p
my ISO dont work

i got my bat file set up like this:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" E:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

Whats wrong?
My E drive is my virtual clone drive

playercorefactory is this
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Monty\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Bluray_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{E:}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*sbs3d.mkv*" protocols="*sbs3d.mkv*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Bluray_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>