Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andcbii - 2012-09-16

(2012-09-04, 23:39)kaffekask Wrote:
(2012-09-03, 09:04)Joker4life Wrote: That sucks I really like what DVDFab Virtual drive offers in terms of features, 18 drive emulations and miniso support compared to just 8 drives and no miniso support. I prefer it because of all the miniso files created by dvdfab ripped movies in folder structure. When hard subs, or playlist get screwed up I rely on the miniso and TMT5 to play it back correctly. DVDFab Virtual drive is also free.

The only thing that sucks is your attitude.

You can't expect others to solve all your problems for you, grow up and make an effort yourself.

I know how to get it to work with DVDFab Virtual Drive, I tried I brand new thing called search engine and it took about 1 minute to find the solution.

i tried to use the vdrive.exe but that doesn't mount the iso... please post how you got dvdfab to work....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-16

(2012-09-16, 01:41)andcbii Wrote: well i tried to download TMT5 and VCD and seeing if that worked. I'm seeing the same thing. TMT5 pops up but the virtual drive doesn't have anything in it. The ISO never mounts.
I figured out the issue. It is with DVDFab virtual drive. Does anyone know the correct exe to point to with dvdfab virtual drive?
Download the files below, and save both files in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder. You need to replace "Dell" in playercorefactory.xml with the correct login user name from your HTPC, and you need to replace K: drive in PlayISO.bat with the correct available VCD drive from your HTPC too......

-Playcorefactory
-PlayISO

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - RobTi - 2012-09-16

Hi could someone check my settings i can click on the movie i want Any hd pops up TMT fires up but it stays on the xmbc movie iso that i clicked, if i close xbmc then TMT is sitting on the desktop but with no file selected and if i select play then it comes up as no disc

Play iso

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uLaunchTMT5.exe" F:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

Playercorefactory

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uLaunchTMT5.exe"</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filenames="mkv" filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filenames="avi" filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filenames="ts" filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filenames="BD" name="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

My virtual clone drive is F: and both files are in the correct folder \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

Thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cekkk - 2012-09-16

Hi!

When I start the TMT 5 player (uLaunchTMT5.exe)with mkv, I don't change language. Sad
How can i change ? What should I do?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andcbii - 2012-09-16

(2012-09-16, 05:58)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-16, 01:41)andcbii Wrote: well i tried to download TMT5 and VCD and seeing if that worked. I'm seeing the same thing. TMT5 pops up but the virtual drive doesn't have anything in it. The ISO never mounts.
I figured out the issue. It is with DVDFab virtual drive. Does anyone know the correct exe to point to with dvdfab virtual drive?
Download the files below, and save both files in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder. You need to replace "Dell" in playercorefactory.xml with the correct login user name from your HTPC, and you need to replace K: drive in PlayISO.bat with the correct available VCD drive from your HTPC too......

-Playcorefactory
-PlayISO

that's what I've been doing. I was able to get TMT5 and clone drive to work. The problem is when i replace:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe

with

"C:\Program Files\DVDFab Virtual Drive\vdrive.exe"

The ISOs don't get mounted.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-16

(2012-09-16, 15:28)andcbii Wrote:
(2012-09-16, 05:58)bluray Wrote:

-Playcorefactory
-PlayISO

that's what I've been doing. I was able to get TMT5 and clone drive to work. The problem is when i replace:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe

with

"C:\Program Files\DVDFab Virtual Drive\vdrive.exe"

The ISOs don't get mounted.
According to your previous messages "well i tried to download TMT5 and VCD and seeing if that worked. I'm seeing the same thing. TMT5 pops up but the virtual drive doesn't have anything in it. The ISO never mounts.", I thought that you couldn't get TMT5 to work w/ VCD......

If VCD work, you should stick with VCD then....and it's free.....

(2012-09-16, 11:31)RobTi Wrote: Hi could someone check my settings i can click on the movie i want Any hd pops up TMT fires up but it stays on the xmbc movie iso that i clicked, if i close xbmc then TMT is sitting on the desktop but with no file selected and if i select play then it comes up as no disc

My virtual clone drive is F: and both files are in the correct folder \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

Thanks
Download the files below and save both files in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ folder. Launch XBMC and give it a shot....

-playercorefactory.xml
-PlayISO.bat

(2012-09-16, 12:00)cekkk Wrote: Hi!

When I start the TMT 5 player (uLaunchTMT5.exe)with mkv, I don't change language. Sad
How can i change ? What should I do?
While TMT5 is playback movie, you can place the cursor on the middle of TMT5 screen, then right click, then scroll down to Audio, then select language...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - {{INX}} - 2012-09-16

After doing what you said Bluray, I have rebuilt my profiles etc and it's all working great Smile

Something I noticed after and I can't believe it happened now after all that work is that when I turn off the 'fullscreen rather than true fullscreen' option, the same thing happens again. TMT5 will not launch, so now I leave the option on and all is fine.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - RobTi - 2012-09-16

Thanks Bluray everything is now working can you tell me what was wrong with my files, so i know

Thanks again

Robert

(2012-09-16, 21:50)RobTi Wrote: Thanks Bluray everything is now working can you tell me what was wrong with my files, so i know

Thanks again

Robert
I simplified the codes for you....your codes was too messy for what you need it for....Nod

(2012-09-16, 21:40){{INX}} Wrote: After doing what you said Bluray, I have rebuilt my profiles etc and it's all working great Smile

Something I noticed after and I can't believe it happened now after all that work is that when I turn off the 'fullscreen rather than true fullscreen' option, the same thing happens again. TMT5 will not launch, so now I leave the option on and all is fine.
It's telling me that something is not right with your Windows display settings. Usually true fullscreen is what you want to prevent video tearing.....if you don't have problem with video tearing issue with Fullscreen Window enabled, I wouldn't worry about a thing then.....enjoy it....Nod

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - azula - 2012-09-17

Hey Bluray, I only want to use TMT5 mainly for 3D iso's and bluray discs. However, I would like to keep XBMC as my player of choice for everything else. Would I still follow the directions in your first post? Sorry, new to all of this! Thanks in advance.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-17

(2012-09-17, 01:45)azula Wrote: Hey Bluray, I only want to use TMT5 mainly for 3D iso's and bluray discs. However, I would like to keep XBMC as my player of choice for everything else. Would I still follow the directions in your first post? Sorry, new to all of this! Thanks in advance.
Create the playercorefactory.xml and playiso.bat files using the codes below, and save it in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ folder. You need to replace "xxxx" playercorefactory with the correct user name from your HTPC and replace "G:" in playiso with the available VCD driver from your HTPC...

playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*_3dbd.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
-----------------------------------------------
playiso.bat

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" G:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - azula - 2012-09-17

Thanks Bluray, will give this a try!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ibleedspeed - 2012-09-17

Hey bluray man thanks for all the tutorials in this thread. I had used your files to use tmt5 in xbmc. works great! But I had a thought and a request if I may...

I unlike most xbmc users do not have an mce remote so i have been using my xbox 360 controller to navigate xbmc and i like it just fine however it of course does not function once tmt5 has been opened to play a bluray.. so after some brain sauce I thought of using x-padder from the same playiso.bat you have graciously provided... I am no programmer mind you but as far as i understand...

Is it possible to add some code to the playiso.bat that would open xpadder along with tmt5 and close it when tmt5 is closed? since tmt5 uses Hotkeys it would be easy enough to create an x-padder profile that uses tmt5 hotkeys to control all the functions... thus turning our xbox 360 controller into a remote for tmt5 in xbmc Smile
this would be awesome for me not only because i dont have a remote but also as a means to flow seamlessly from watching a bluray into playing an emulator without touching the mouse or keyboard.

so can it be done? and what do i need to do? again i dont know how to code .bat files but willing to learn to make this happen Smile

EDIT! : I attempted it myself and it appeared to work at first. I added the path to my xpadder.exe as a line on top of the play iso lines. it did indeed open xpadder and tmt5. but it didnt work consistently. after trying it a few times it would just open one or the other.. and then there is the closing xpadder line i am not sure about either since xpadder closes by using a middle mouse click.... lol this is why im not a coder... but the fact that it did open xpadder is a start i guess..