Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jespermart - 2012-11-06

Hi Bluary

I'm using Windows 8 with XMBC Frodo build alpha 7, and i'm not able to get the external player to launch at all.

i'm using the codes above to try to launch PowerDVD 12, but i have changed the PlayISO.bat to include Deamon tools lite as described in #1214 and of course the drive letter to my corresponding virtual drive in my instance G:

Is it the Frode build that causes the problems or is it Windows 8?

Any help would be highly appreciated

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wille - 2012-11-06

(2012-11-06, 03:59)bluray Wrote: @wille,

Since you are trying to get ISO playback using PDVD12, let simplify the codes a little bit.....you can try the codes below instead....

Playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\King\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" K:

I copied all the codecs just the way you told me, and I had some success. xbmc went to a minimized mode, and pdvd12 started. But, then this message appered from PDVD12:

"cyberlink Powerdvd does not support the playback of a folder. Try selecting the specefic file you want to play back instead."

And just to make it clear, I have all my files in .rar-packages, just the way all other movies are placed - but x264.. Something I shall change?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-06

(2012-11-06, 18:17)jespermart Wrote: Is it the Frode build that causes the problems or is it Windows 8?
I cannot verify it, because I don't have Windows 8. Did you saved the .xml and .bat files in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder?

(2012-11-06, 20:31)wille Wrote:

Since you are trying to get ISO playback using PDVD12, let simplify the codes a little bit.....you can try the codes below instead....

Playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:

@echo off

I copied all the codecs just the way you told me, and I had some success. xbmc went to a minimized mode, and pdvd12 started. But, then this message appered from PDVD12:

"cyberlink Powerdvd does not support the playback of a folder. Try selecting the specefic file you want to play back instead."

And just to make it clear, I have all my files in .rar-packages, just the way all other movies are placed - but x264.. Something I shall change?
Can you extract one ISO file to the desktop? If it work from the desktop, you might want to save all your ISO files in another folder other than .rar.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jespermart - 2012-11-06

Yes both files placed in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wille - 2012-11-06

(2012-11-06, 21:22)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-06, 18:17)jespermart Wrote: Is it the Frode build that causes the problems or is it Windows 8?
I cannot verify it, because I don't have Windows 8. Did you saved the .xml and .bat files in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder?

(2012-11-06, 20:31)wille Wrote:

Playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:

@echo off

Can you extract one ISO file to the desktop? If it work from the desktop, you might want to save all your ISO files in another folder other than .rar.....

I cant even see the .iso file on my desktop when trying to "add files.." in the library at xbmc. all I can see is my folders, a .mkv and an .avi file..

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-06

(2012-11-06, 23:19)wille Wrote:
(2012-11-06, 21:22)bluray Wrote:

(2012-11-06, 20:31)wille Wrote: I copied all the codecs just the way you told me, and I had some success. xbmc went to a minimized mode, and pdvd12 started. But, then this message appered from PDVD12:

I cant even see the .iso file on my desktop when trying to "add files.." in the library at xbmc. all I can see is my folders, a .mkv and an .avi file..
XBMC is capable of connecting to the files anywhere on your HTPC.....you can simply map it to "C::\Users\xxxx\Desktop".....

(2012-11-06, 21:57)jespermart Wrote: Yes both files placed in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder?
You might want to try the stable 11.0 then....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Desisuperman - 2012-11-08

(2012-11-02, 18:05)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 10:10)Desisuperman Wrote: Bluray,

I just want to clarify... I install TMT5, and out of the 4 scripts you have listed in your original post which ones do install

Can you explain how to add those scripts?

If I try Anydvd Hd is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks Smile
Follow the 1st three steps, and jump to "TMT5 and PowerDVD11 codes".....you don't need to do anything to AnyDVD HD, you just need to reboot your PC after you installed it and it'll do everything in the background by itself....

Ok now I'm really confused. I can either use TMT5 or AnyDVD HD or do I still need AnyDVD HD with TMT5?
If I use TMT5 or I follow steps 1-3 which includes having to install AnyDVD HD. Is that correct? I still need to install AnyDVD HD?

So your saying if I use AnyDVD HD I simply install it and I need to do nothing else? I don't have to follow any other steps? I have AnyDVD HD installed now and nothing else. I haven't even touched the settings or configured it. Nothing happens in XBMC.

If I use TMT5 or I follow steps 1-3 which includes having to install AnyDVD HD. Is that correct? I still need to install AnyDVD HD?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-08

(2012-11-08, 19:06)Desisuperman Wrote: If I use TMT5 or I follow steps 1-3 which includes having to install AnyDVD HD. Is that correct? I still need to install AnyDVD HD?
Don't get confuse between TMT5 and AnyDVD HD. TMT5 is a media player and AnyDVD HD is decrypter. AnyDVD HD is a decrypter, but it can used to convert blu-ray disc to ISO and BDMV files too. It take care of the HDCP-compliant issue and more.....just follows the steps, and you'll be fine....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - msb925 - 2012-11-09

Hello bluray,

First of all, thank you for this mammoth and amazing thread! You've helped many people I see!

I am looking to do the exact same thing Desisuperman is doing. I want to playback Bluray discs through XBMC via an external player (I have both PDvd12 and TMT5) and all other media through XBMC player. I am currently using the TMT5 codes. Videos play fine via XBMC. When I scroll over to play disc, it just quickly opens and closes really quick and nothing happens. Here are my codes:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayDisc.bat

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E:

Thank you for all of your help in advance!
Solved one problem only to immediately cause another:

I know I left the xxxx in my filename code. Amended that to the true destination. Now, when XBMC opens, it pops up the external player active window before xbmc truly opens. Nothing happens from there unless I click ok. Then XBMC begins to open and freezes up before opening every time. If I remove the PlayDisc and Playercorefactory files from userdata, then xbmc opens fine.

Thanks.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - un1versal - 2012-11-09

@ bluray

Just a heads up

(2011-12-11, 22:40)first-post Wrote: 1. Playcorefactory
2. PlayBDMV
3. PlayDisc
4. PlayISO

None of those links seem to work Wink

uNi

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-09

(2012-11-09, 07:39)msb925 Wrote: I know I left the xxxx in my filename code. Amended that to the true destination. Now, when XBMC opens, it pops up the external player active window before xbmc truly opens. Nothing happens from there unless I click ok. Then XBMC begins to open and freezes up before opening every time. If I remove the PlayDisc and Playercorefactory files from userdata, then xbmc opens fine.

Thanks.
You are almost there. Since you are sharing Apps (XBMC+TMT5), you need to Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output.......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ovsims - 2012-11-09

@ bluray
How do I get XBMC to stop playing subtitles when I play a BDMV folder? I go over to the subs button but it says none yet they are still on the screen. I've looked but I can't find a way to disable them

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-09

(2012-11-09, 18:34)ovsims Wrote: @ bluray
How do I get XBMC to stop playing subtitles when I play a BDMV folder? I go over to the subs button but it says none yet they are still on the screen. I've looked but I can't find a way to disable them
While playing movie, you can click audio icon down on the bottom right corner of XBMC screen to get into audio setting screen as shown in my screen shot below and then un-check Enable subtitle and Set as default for all movies......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ovsims - 2012-11-09

Man thanks I don't what I would do without your knowledge.

(2012-11-09, 20:23)ovsims Wrote: Man thanks I don't what I would do without your knowledge.
No problem....Nod