Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bungie240 - 2012-12-15

Hi Blu Ray

Hope you can help me with using blu ray iso and external player TMT5. I cannot seem to get XMBC Eden RC2 to open up an iso and play from external player it's unable to mount! See my iso bat and playercore settings below....THANKS

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Livingroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{F}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>

</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Livingroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Livingroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>

</player>
<player name="MPC-BE" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-BE\mpc-be.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="mpc-be"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes="m2ts" player="mpc-be"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filenames="mkv" filetypes="mkv" player="mpc-be"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filenames="avi" filetypes="avi" player="mpc-be"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filenames="ts" filetypes="ts" player="mpc-be"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" F:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-15

(2012-12-15, 19:53)bungie240 Wrote: Hi Blu Ray

Hope you can help me with using blu ray iso and external player TMT5. I cannot seem to get XMBC Eden RC2 to open up an iso and play from external player it's unable to mount! See my iso bat and playercore settings below....THANKS
You need to replace <args>"{F}"</args> with <args>"{1}"</args>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bungie240 - 2012-12-16

(2012-12-15, 20:18)bluray Wrote:

Many thanks, it's now working.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-16

(2012-12-16, 10:07)bungie240 Wrote:
(2012-12-15, 20:18)bluray Wrote:

Many thanks, it's now working.
Excellent, enjoy it....Nod

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - sonic00 - 2012-12-16

Just a quick question.

Is it possible to use PowerDVD12 for (3D) iso with Frodo RC1? I tried it, but all I get is a selection Menu in xbmc where I can choose between "play main title", "select from all titles" and "show bluray menu" ... If I click on any of these selections, VCD failed to mount the iso - cause xbmc doesn't send the iso path, but rather something like .mpls or .bdmv ...

I haven't that kind of problem with Eden 11.0 ...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-17

(2012-12-16, 22:32)sonic00 Wrote: Just a quick question.

Is it possible to use PowerDVD12 for (3D) iso with Frodo RC1? I tried it, but all I get is a selection Menu in xbmc where I can choose between "play main title", "select from all titles" and "show bluray menu" ... If I click on any of these selections, VCD failed to mount the iso - cause xbmc doesn't send the iso path, but rather something like .mpls or .bdmv ...

I haven't that kind of problem with Eden 11.0 ...
I tried the trial version of PDVD12 several months ago. Blu-ray ISO worked fine with PDVD12 and Eden. The external player codes I used is listed in post #659....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - sonic00 - 2012-12-17

(2012-12-17, 03:36)bluray Wrote: ]I tried the trial version of PDVD12 several months ago. Blu-ray ISO worked fine with PDVD12 and Eden. The external player codes I used is listed in post #659....
Eden isn't the problem - therfore I used your playercorefactory.xml and playiso.bat. Works like a charm. Its Frodo RC1 that causes me a big headache.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-17

(2012-12-17, 05:51)sonic00 Wrote:
(2012-12-17, 03:36)bluray Wrote: ]I tried the trial version of PDVD12 several months ago. Blu-ray ISO worked fine with PDVD12 and Eden. The external player codes I used is listed in post #659....
Eden isn't the problem - therfore I used your playercorefactory.xml and playiso.bat. Works like a charm. Its Frodo RC1 that causes me a big headache.
Sorry I cannot help you with Frodo. I'll try to figure it out when it become stable.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Desisuperman - 2012-12-18

(2012-11-02, 04:20)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 00:34)Desisuperman Wrote: I've always had a DVD player in my HTPC and now i have added a blu ray player. When i insert a blu ray disc nothing happens. With my DVD player the "Play Disc" button appears and I'm able to play my DVD right from there.

How do I get XBMC to recognize my blu ray player? I read the first post but I'm unclear as to what steps I need to take and which ones will apply to me. I'm sure the info is somewhere in these 122 pages of posts but I'm having trouble pinpointing the right info. Just too much info here.
It is possible that your blu-ray movie is encrypted. You might want to give "AnyDVD HD" 14-day trial a try. Don't forget to reboot PC after you installed it....

(2012-11-02, 00:34)Desisuperman Wrote: All suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated. NOTE: I'm on Eden 11 and I have TMT5

thanks
If you want TMT5 to playback blu-ray disc and XBMC to playback everything else, you can use the playercorefactory below-

playercorefactory.xml: need to replace "xxxx" with the correct computer login name

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayDisc.bat: need to replace E: with the correct BD-ROM drive

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E:

Note: you can places both playercorefactory and PlayDisc files in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

Bluray,

I followed all your instructions.. now either I'm confused as to how this is supposed to work or I'm doing something wrong.

When a disc is inserted I'm unable to play the disc from the home menu in XBMC because "Play Disc" just doesn't show up. However, if i go to settings/Files I can play the disc from there. Is this the only way to play the disc? Also, I experimented with Full Screen Mode and Windowed Mode. In both modes TMT5 launches but in full screen mode I need to alt/tab to switch where as is in Windowed mode it appears "on top". Is this intended to be in Windowed mode? My issue with that is the fact that you see the Start Menu and XBMC goes into a "window".

Lastly, xbmc keeps launching TMT5 anytime I wanna play any other files. I only have playcore and playdisc files installed with the exact same script you have above

Thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-18

@Desisuperman-
Can you post your playercorefactory.xml and playdisc.bat in here? I'll take a look at it....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluc - 2012-12-18

Hey all have had external player for full 3d blu ray working for a while using tmt5, now would like to add support for "half and full sbs mkv 3d" files find mkv to be best format to rip my blu ray discs to here is my playercorefactory how do I edit it to playback using tmt 5?

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\all\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*_3dbd.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Desisuperman - 2012-12-18

(2012-12-18, 02:41)bluray Wrote: @Desisuperman-
Can you post your playercorefactory.xml and playdisc.bat in here? I'll take a look at it....

(2012-11-01 17:34)Desisuperman Wrote:  
If you want TMT5 to playback blu-ray disc and XBMC to playback everything else, you can use the playercorefactory below-

playercorefactory.xml: need to replace "xxxx" with the correct computer login name

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayDisc.bat: need to replace E: with the correct BD-ROM drive

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E:

Note: you can places both playercorefactory and PlayDisc files in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

I literally copied and paste the script from above

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-18

@Desisuperman-
Is your login user xxxx? Is your BD-ROM E: drive?

If you provide login user and BD-ROM drive, I'll create playercorefactory.xml and playdisc.bat for you....

If you still try to figure it out yourself, I'm suggesting the codes below. All you have to do is replace xxxx with the correct loging user from your HTPC. It'll not playback anything using TMT5 other than blu-ray....

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andyd - 2012-12-18

(2012-12-09, 18:18)andyd Wrote: Anyone here using Windows 8 plus the latest version of TMT 5?

I'm having issues with focus again. I have to use a mouse to activate the window before I can control the app at all

Anyone?

(2012-12-18, 02:45)bluc Wrote: Hey all have had external player for full 3d blu ray working for a while using tmt5, now would like to add support for "half and full sbs mkv 3d" files find mkv to be best format to rip my blu ray discs to here is my playercorefactory how do I edit it to playback using tmt 5?

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Here is your new playercorefactory-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
<player name="MKV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*_3dbd.*" player="MKV_Player"/>
</rules>