Kodi Community Forum
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support (/showthread.php?tid=116905)

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2014-09-25

Ok, I have no idea why you're doing any of what you're doing.

All those other hubs sh*it - not needed. Rolling back - not needed.

Just install standard xbmc, install ozweather from the official xbmc repo, configure with your postcode (you can actually also use your suburb), done.

If you have an issue post the settings you're trying to use and a full debug log.

(additionally copy the skin files if you want the radar).

That's it - you're making it much harder than it needs to be I think!

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - namsdrawkcab - 2014-09-27

I am doing it because I want iLive, iStream etc etc etc.

Unfortunately it does seem that as you say they may well be sh*t.

I have done a full reinstall of my OS (was about time anyways) and with a clean install of XBMC 13.2 Gotham I was again able to enter a postcode and the selectors for the town then appeared and stuck when selected.

Installed the extended features skin file (MyWeather.xml) and everything works.

It really sucks starting from scratch but that may well be on the cards again cause I just cant help myself - I want what I want and the only way to get it all is by installing fusion, the freshly named TVAddons (formerly XBMCHub) etc etc which I mentioned previously.

I'll post back with the results after the installs for anyone else who may be interested - definitely not your weather app causing the problems though - thanks for all your hard work over the last few weeks @boss

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - namsdrawkcab - 2014-09-27

Sorry for double posting but I was also wondering if this will work (the full hog with weather radar and extended forecasts) with Kodi Alpha 3?

Anyone tested yet or is that something you may be currently working on @Bossanova

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2014-09-27

Works fine on kodi nightlies

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - namsdrawkcab - 2014-10-03

Will be trying out Kodi in a few months I reckon - might wait till the obligatory bugs are ironed out as seems to be the case with EVERY piece of software current day (no offense developers but think Windows 8 as opposed to 8.1).

As I said - I would post back after testing - added fusion source and have TVHub and 0.7.5 all running and so far so good.

Music is my main thing now and OMG!!! Have over 600 artists and the retagging and testing batches is a nightmare but I'm getting there (who knew WMP could re-tag even when options to download additional info from the net are disabled!!).

Thanks for the reply

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - Shred17 - 2014-11-10

I upgraded to Kodi Helix Beta 1 from Xbmc whatever-the-lastest-stable-was the other day and I all I seem to be getting is what looks like the default Confluence weather. I'm using OpenELEC and I just did a "normal" manual upgrade without changing anything else. It was working fine before the upgrade.

I can see the modified MyWeather.xml together with DialogSeekBar.xml in the Confluence folder so I have no idea where it's getting the default weather page from.

Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2014-11-10

I would guess you're not pointed at the right skin somehow (the one with the changes). I tested with an alpha less than two weeks ago, so I think there shouldn't be any other reason (e.g. if they changed a skin filename or something - very unlikely!).

Are you using a modified confluence or the default? on OE you have to take a copy of the skin, give it your own name, and change those files etc. But it sounds like you've done that in the past?

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - Shred17 - 2014-11-10

I can't remember if I'm using a copied version of confluence or not - it's on a Raspberry Pi so not sure if that makes a difference to the read-only bit. Whatever the case, it was working very well until I went to Kodi.

More troubleshooting to come...

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2014-11-10

If you're using Openelec, I don't think there is any other way than copying confluence as the system bit isn't editable. See the wiki.

I have a Helix skin in my repo which is Confluence with Ozweatehr and a couple other minor tweaks. There's a warning abou tit being my personal skin but there's nothing much special about it so you could copy that, or use that even (all my friends and family do!).

Cool, I'll give that a go.

Update: Your skin works a treat. Background image is cool too. Thanks!

Still have no idea why my confluence skin worked in Gotham but not Helix. Not too fussed now though.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2014-11-11

Well skins need to be updated for Helix (lots of changes e.g. in the PVR section) - so Gotham skins are marked as incompatible and probably disabled. The one named Helix in my repo is reasonably current and I will update it is again as new betas appear.

Yeah, much better BG image huh - I hate those bubbles!! If you change the skin theme to Revamp, you can get better icons/seek bar etc too with a flatter appearance (using uNiversal's textures) - see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=203291

Also, you should make sure you have Cinema Experience and Artwork Downloader installed as both are integrated in to my skin.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - Shred17 - 2014-11-11

Brilliant! Thanks again.

The fact that I didn't do anything when upgrading to Kodi (and thus Helix) probably explains why the weather went back to default. I didn't realise that the Helix skins were updated and the Gotham ones were incompatible.

Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - wrxtasy - 2014-11-16

@ bossanova808 -

I've added a bit of text to the #SET PROPERTIES section of the default.py - file as currently on some skins the Sunrise / Sunset data is not being passed properly to the Skin.
WeatherUnderground uses the same Property names for Sunrise / Sunset.

Code:
setProperty(WEATHER_WINDOW, 'Today.Sunrise'         , sunrise)
setProperty(WEATHER_WINDOW, 'Today.Sunset'          , sunset)

Can this please be pushed out via a minor version bump ?

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2014-11-17

I can do that. Did you happen to find a list of the 'proper' properties anywhere? Mine date back from ages ago (first weather addon Ronie did IIRC) - and work fine with my Confluence skin files, but I'd be happy to make them all the correct ones to match it better for other skins.

Even better would be a pull request to:
https://github.com/bossanova808/weather.ozweather

(if for no other reason than to get me to practise my git!!)

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - wrxtasy - 2014-11-17

Hi. I Did not find a proper list, just cross-referencing with the modified and working WeatherUnderground, which is pretty commonly used.

A lot correspond but here are some properties from WeatherUnderground that possibly could be added to OzWeather for wider Skin compatibility:

Code:
'Daily.%i.HighTemperature'
'Daily.%i.LowTemperature'

'Daily.%i.ChancePrecipitation'
'Daily.%i.Precipitation'

'Daily.%i.LongOutlookDay'

'Current.WindDegree'
'Current.WindGust'

'Current.Precipitation'
'Current.SolarRadiation'

The only other property missing is 'Today.moonphase' but then you would likely have to get your hands dirty and parse from BOM or Weatherzone for that.