Kodi Community Forum
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support (/showthread.php?tid=116905)

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2016-03-20

@fastdump - hmm, yeah will be a missing label. I asked for a complete list but didn't get a lot of response.

Obviously I need to re-visit the labels and skin side of things with Estuary coming anyway, but I'm a bit busy with work stuff so was planning to leave that a bit longer till Estuary was a little more stable.
But feel feel to dig around in the skin and find out what the label is, it's easy for me to add one and submit a PR, I just probably won't be able to get around to much digging myself.

I'd think braz would be able to just tell you the missing label if he made mimic....

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - fastdump - 2016-03-21

Thanks bossanova808, no rush, I'll try and do some digging and let you know.

Oddly, when I changed to some of the other weather providers to test and make screenshots, I found another small difference in that OzWeather doesn't seem to differentiate between night and day.

I use a weather fanart addon called Prairie. I like its simplicity of just displaying the same 'little house on the prairie' image but with different overlays depending on the weather condition. I notice that with OzWeather, even at night it will still say, e.g. "Sunny" and show a sun icon, whereas with OpenWeatherMap Extended at the same time of night it will show a moon icon and a condition more fitting to the evening/overnight period (see the different screenshots below).

Is this another label issue or is it to do with information that BOM/WeatherZone doesn't return?

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2016-03-22

It's probably a label issue - I'd ask the maker of prairie what they're doing there. You'd think they would just use the time of day to do it, but perhaps not...

Basically any labels you need, I'm happy to add really. But just no time for research right now Smile

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - trisma - 2016-03-27

(2016-03-09, 09:05)oandp Wrote: Hi
I am having trouble with Oz weather on Jarvis on a FireTV.
When I try to set the location I get the following errors in the log file.

17:37:38 T:18446744072561983464 NOTICE: ### Oz Weather - 0.8.1 ### Oz Weather (Author: Bossanova808) Starting ...
17:37:38 T:18446744072561983464 NOTICE: ### Oz Weather - 0.8.1 ### Called as: ['default.py', 'Location1']
17:37:52 T:18446744072561983464 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: name 'middle' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 915, in <module>
log("Error - middle: " + str(middle) + " skimmed " + str(skimmed))
NameError: name 'middle' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--

Thanks.

(2016-03-10, 00:35)bossanova808 Wrote: It's usually a temp glitch at the weatherzone pages it scrapes from (hence my stalling you a little but also getting things ready in case it wasn't!!)

Enjoy!

Hey mate, I am also throwing the same error. Running Kodi 14.2 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I compiled a debug log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0-oXkSQhYkmV2c4ZDNwMkNadjQ

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2016-03-29

@trisma pretty sure that will also be a temporary glitch at weatherzone. I just searched on 4226 and it was fine here now.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - trisma - 2016-03-29

(2016-03-29, 06:30)bossanova808 Wrote: @trisma pretty sure that will also be a temporary glitch at weatherzone. I just searched on 4226 and it was fine here now.

It is now working for me too. Appears to be a temporary issue.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - Gigantur - 2016-05-14

Hi bossanova,

I notice in Krypton/Estuary there are no icons which kills the fun ..

Any help much appreciated

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2016-05-14

@Gigantur

Once there is an official Alpha and Estuary has settled down a bit I will look into it - I presume it had some new labels etc, and also I'll be wanting a more detailed single weather page again most likely.

But I thought I'd wait until it had at least got to a more public alpha stage, pretty busy with work right now...

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - Gigantur - 2016-05-15

Thanks heaps (and appreciate your efforts).

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - [email protected] - 2016-07-24

New to Kodi, but well up on Linux.
I have an Asus laptop that has Lubuntu 16.04, which is Debian Jessie.
The Ubuntu default version of Kodi is 15.x
I have upgraded directly from kodi.tv to 16.1
I have everything I need working, including PVR (from a Mythtv backend) and weather
I have modded the weather to show the radar map and the pause screen map and I have the correct radar IDR492 (Yarrawonga 256km)
So, what's the problem? Well, the maps don't loop. In fact the single still rain map that is presented is at least 2 hours old (I think it must be the oldest in the directory at BOM)
I've done a search in this thread and have seen mention of a Python script, but can't find any links to it

Guidance is sought.

TIA

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2016-07-24

Did you mod the skin files yourself, or use one of the pre-made ones? If yourself, you might have got the control wrong.

Have you tried any other radars? Do they all exhibit this behaviour?

Basically, the addon goes to the BOM folder and grabs whatever is there...so might just be a lack of updates at the BOM for a bit due to a fault. If other radars work, that's probably it.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - [email protected] - 2016-07-25

The only mod I made was to download the .zip file, extract the two files and sudo mv them to /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p as per the instructions in an earlier post in this thread. I didn't sudo chown them to root - I will try that.
I get the same problem with Sydney and Melbourne radars, but I haven't tried different ranges - I will try that too.
The radar images work fine on the weatherzone.com.au site.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - [email protected] - 2016-07-25

Just tried it again at 10;06 AEST (00:06 UTC) with IDR494 (Yarrawonga 64km) and I still have a static map timed at 22:00 UTC, but it is now the 64km map

I started to investigate how the python script work and looked at one of the scripts that I moved across (see my earlier post) and brought it up in Firefox and this little gem came up in MyWeather.xml (indicating a problem immediately after the ampersand). Could this be why the maps aren't looping. More importantly, what should I do to fix it? I tried to include the screendump, but unsuccessful:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: file:///usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p/MyWeather.xml
Line Number 198, Column 27: <label>Observations & Forecast - $INFO[Window.Property(Location)]</label>
-------------------------------------------------------------^

I changed the "&" to "&amp;" which eliminated the above error and didn't effect the display of the label line. I thought I should try that same trick with "\(C\)" in line 155 and changed it to "&copy;", but strangely that didn't work. Anyway, the upshot is that the original problem still exists

The other file, DialogSeekBar.xml, appears to be OK.

It looks as if this segment from MyWeather.xml (lines 128-142) is what drives the slideshow, but what drives this segment?

<!-- RADAR OVERLAY SLIDESHOW -->
<control type="multiimage">
<description>maps multiimage</description>
<posx>20</posx>
<posy>53</posy>
<width>512</width>
<height>512</height>
<imagepath>special://profile/addon_data/weather.ozweather/currentloop/$INFO[Window.Property(Radar)]/</imagepath>
<timeperimage>500</timeperimage>
<pauseatend>1000</pauseatend>
<fadetime>0</fadetime>
<randomize>false</randomize>
<loop>yes</loop>
<texture border="10">ContentPanel.png</texture>
</control>

The background images (lines 73-126) are working fine and a single rain image appears as well.