Kodi Community Forum
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support (/showthread.php?tid=116905)

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - raymondjpg - 2016-12-24

My bad. I disabled then uninstalled Oz Weather and re-installed from your zip. Data for Canberra 2600 is now all showing, including the sun icon at the left, but still no data for my suburb 2617. I don't think the data for my suburb would be very different if at all from that for postcode 2600 (it may be) so for now I am happy to have Oz Weather working for Canberra 2600.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2016-12-24

@raymondjpg

You should get 0.8.8 soon - it's been pulled already and just arrived for me.

2617 is working here with all data, so try it again with 0.8.8 and let me know if anything is still missing. If so - a full debug log please, and precisely what suburb you are using (multiple suburbs use 2617)

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you & yours!

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - raymondjpg - 2016-12-24

Also thanks and Merry Christmas. I'll look for 0.8.8 and report back.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - LeKodeur - 2016-12-24

(2016-12-23, 22:39)bossanova808 Wrote: @LeKodeur

As in - it's working?

Yes, it sure is! All good @bossanova, ... enjoy your xmas!
Cheers to all

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - benrita - 2016-12-24

0.8.8 working for me, post code 2450, Krypton RC & Titan skin ver 3.7.23
Merry Xmas bossanova808

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - raymondjpg - 2016-12-25

(2016-12-24, 02:31)raymondjpg Wrote: My bad. I disabled then uninstalled Oz Weather and re-installed from your zip. Data for Canberra 2600 is now all showing, including the sun icon at the left, but still no data for my suburb 2617. I don't think the data for my suburb would be very different if at all from that for postcode 2600 (it may be) so for now I am happy to have Oz Weather working for Canberra 2600.
To be more precise, the behaviour I observed was when 2600 was set at Location 1 and 2617 at Location 2. When Location 1 is set to 2617 I see all the data, but no data for 2600 when set at Location 2. I also tried 3000 at location 2 with the same result.

This behaviour is consistent with your zip and 0.8.8 from the Repository. It appears that the update works for Location 1, but not Location 2 (and possibly also Locations 3 and 4 although I did not test these).

If you are unable to replicate it I will provide logs as requested.

Regards

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2016-12-26

@raymondjpg - no issue with 2600 as location 1, 2617 as location 2, with jarvis/16.1/confluence here...

so yep, need some logs
NB the first download at a new location takes quite a bit longer than subsequents as it has to fill out the BG images etc....so make sure you give it a minute.

But can confirm 3 locations working fine here.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - raymondjpg - 2016-12-26

(2016-12-26, 08:15)bossanova808 Wrote: @raymondjpg - no issue with 2600 as location 1, 2617 as location 2, with jarvis/16.1/confluence here...

so yep, need some logs
NB the first download at a new location takes quite a bit longer than subsequents as it has to fill out the BG images etc....so make sure you give it a minute.

But can confirm 3 locations working fine here.
Waited a minute. Still no data with Location 2.

Debug log at https://paste.ubuntu.com/23686738/

1. Turned on debug logging
2. Restarted Kodi.
3. Select weather for Canberra ACT 2600 - data OK
4. Changed location to Giralang ACT 2617, waited about a minute - no data
5. Changed location back to Canberra ACT 2600 - data OK.
6. Uploaded debug log.

I had two or three goes at generating the uploaded link so hope that the log is intact.

Regards

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2016-12-26

@raymondjpg

Ok the issue is you haven't set a radar code for that location. In theory it should fall back to the national radar but it seems I;ve broken the fall back with recent changes.

I'll fix it, but for now just set a radar code and you should be fine.

Code:
19:41:32 T:6592   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: name 'location' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\raymond\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.ozweather\default.py", line 320, in <module>
                                                log("Radar code empty for location " + location +" so using default radar code IDR00004 (national radar)")
                                            NameError: name 'location' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:41:32 T:6592    INFO: Python script stopped

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - raymondjpg - 2016-12-26

That has fixed it. Thank You.

Happy New Year!

(If you change that line (320) in default.py to

Code:
log("Radar code empty for location " + locationUrlPath +" so using default radar code IDR00004 (national radar)")

...that will fix it...

Ah snap - good, will do the proper fix once I get back from Chrissy break

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2017-01-05

...and, submitted 0.8.9 - should arrive soon.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - AnthonyB - 2017-02-06

Now that Krypton (v17) is released, will you be developing updated files for the new default Estuary skin (as opposed to Confluence in the past)?

Long-time user of Oz Weather and I like to keep my Kodi install as 'standard' as possible and thus will be trying to adopt the Estuary skin rather going back to Confluence. Wife and I have become so reliant on the BOM weather maps it could almost be a deal breaker! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2017-02-06

@AnthonyB

I'm in two minds on it. So far I have updated my own mini Confluence mode to be V17 friendly. I agree, though, that it's good to stick with standard where one can.

And I like OzWeather being used by others.... but I am hesitant to put any of my personal time into the pretty awful thing that is Estuary. Maybe I'm alone in this, and I have no particular love for the dated _look_ of Confluence, but I still find Confluence to be much better in use than Estuary...I really, really don't like what they've come up with this time around.

How's your XML? It won't be a LOT of work to do it, but I ma pretty busy right now hence my reluctance...