Kodi Community Forum
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support (/showthread.php?tid=116905)

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - Sonny_Jim - 2018-01-16

In the wiki it says to 'You just need to copy some files into your skin/720p or skin/xml folder',  I am using Kodi with the Estuary skin on a Pi.  I cannot for the life of me find the folder you mean.  Whereabouts is it?

EDIT: Ah I think I found it, it's under /usr/share/kodi/addons/

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - wacko37 - 2018-01-18

Hey Guys,

Alot seems to be happening for this addon of late, Just a quick question will this addon now work on the Aeon MQ7 1080p skin?

Really missing the radar images and ABC weather.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2018-01-19

@wacko37  - the add on will work in terms of setting all the standard weather labels/icons - you should get at least more accurate weather info from it.  But the radar/abc stuff takes skin changes.  I have done Confluence (which I personally use) and Estuary (which I will probably use one day and is the default skin, so to keep the addon useful that was an obvious choice) - but I never use any other skins and can't possibly do skin files for more of them...I really jsut took advantage of the end of year lull to catch things up. 

Doing a skin file is easier than ever these days - it's really just some XML and you can take e.g. the estuary one and adapt it to Aeon MQ pretty easily I would say...just tweak some font sizes and locations and you'll be done before you know it (easiest approach is on a desktop PC - you just edit your live skin file and add a keymap entry for reload skin so you can just switch to the kodi app, hit reload, and see your changes right away).

There's an MQ5 skin file that might be ok or at least get you started down the bottom of this Wiki section: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Oz_Weather#Skin_Changes - I would guess a few minor xml changes would get it on its way with MQ7 (or perhaps it will 'just work'!)

If you do get anything working (old skin file, new one you make) - please contribute your experience/the skin file back to the Wiki so that others can benefit.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - benrita - 2018-01-19

(2018-01-18, 12:24)wacko37 Wrote: Hey Guys,

Alot seems to be happening for this addon of late, Just a quick question will this addon now work on the Aeon MQ7 1080p skin?

Really missing the radar images and ABC weather.

Thanks
I'm using it on the Aeon MQ8 skin for Leia and it works fine.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2018-01-19

@benrita are you using the skin file from the wiki?  Have you got therefore got radar support?  Or just the standard weather stuff?

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - benrita - 2018-01-20

I hope you can see this image from my windows 10 kodi setup.
On my nuc (LibreElec) setup the background is a darker colour, not the blue that shows on windows 10 setup, and looks better. I don't know why the background should be different.
Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - benrita - 2018-01-20

Forgot to mention that the file is from your post a couple of pages back, I just replace the original MyWeather.xml file with yours.
Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2018-01-20

@benrita - Yeah right - that's really for Estuary (and it inherits the BG colour from the main skin I guess).  Might be worth trying the Aeon one from the wiki, might be a better starting point.

(2018-01-20, 07:11)bossanova808 Wrote: @benrita - Yeah right - that's really for Estuary (and it inherits the BG colour from the main skin I guess).  Might be worth trying the Aeon one from the wiki, might be a better starting point.
 Do you mean the Aeon MQ5 (Gotham era)  zip file from the Oz Weather wiki ?
Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2018-01-20

Yeah - might be worth a shot.  The trick would be to start with whatever gives you the best initial result/match to your skin, then tweak the XML to make it a perfect fit

Just tried the Aeon from wiki but it is to small and information is all mixed up, maybe for 720p, and I have no idea how to change/edit an xml file. Would be a total disater.
Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - AnthonyB - 2018-01-23

(2018-01-15, 05:16)AnthonyB Wrote:
(2017-12-26, 09:11)AnthonyB Wrote:
(2017-12-15, 07:08)bossanova808 Wrote: Yeah that's just Weatherzone sometimes having missing data - http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/sydney/pymble - you can see it's not there.

Probably a sensor or feed down - it'll pop back at some point.
 Cheers.

I raised a ticket with Weatherzone as the Pressure and UV data has been missing for a while.
The UV data they are looking into.
The pressure data, it seems the BOM Terrey Hills station isn't reporting on the BOM site for some reason so I raised a ticket with them. I'm yet to hear back from them.  
 Weatherzone have fixed the missing UV data Smile
Still trying to work out how to contact the right people in BOM to fix pressure data missing from Terrey Hills station.. 
 ...and last piece of the puzzle (but no solution, unfortunately), a response from the BoM:
Quote:[font][font]There is no barometer at the Terrey Hills automatic weather station (AWS). The station is there to assist with running the nearby rain radar, so it doesn't have all of the instruments you would typically find at an AWS.[/font][/font]

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2018-01-23

Ah well, c'est la BOM

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - sirhc55 - 2018-03-31

Same problem here. I am using Android 5.1 with Kodi 17.4 on a HiMedia Q5 and have spent ages trying to find how to place the files.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2018-06-04

@sirhc55 Sorry didn't get a notification on this one.  I am not sure what 'same problem' you mean - can you explain a bit more?