Kodi Community Forum
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support (/showthread.php?tid=116905)

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-05-29

Cool - and yeah, send over your .xml, I'll look at that.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - DavidFW1960 - 2021-05-29

(2021-05-29, 05:59)bossanova808 Wrote: Cool - and yeah, send over your .xml, I'll look at that.

https://codeshare.io/5D98VE

I also meant to say no missing icons so far

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-05-29

Updated skin patcher ^ to 0.1.1

Updated test OzWeather version above to 1.9.92 with a fix for the ABC weather video

Ok, have tested it pretty thoroughly now on two platforms, seems all good, going to submit V2.0.0 to the official Kodi repo...

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - DavidFW1960 - 2021-05-30

(2021-05-29, 07:41)bossanova808 Wrote: Ok, have tested it pretty thoroughly now on two platforms, seems all good, going to submit V2.0.0 to the official Kodi repo...

Yeah I had no issues with Linux(OSMC) and on my Google ChromeCast with Google TV...
Just a question though on the radar screen do we need to show the Geohash of the location? It's just taking up screen space...

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-05-30

Well for now I'd prefer to show the location in full as it's a clue to me as to what people are using, since, historically, folks are very hit and miss about posting debug logs.  And given I've not much experience with the BOM api, if there are issues, asking for that code will be the key thing to debug data related issues when they come.

Once the dust has settled on all this I might release a version without it, but in the meantime it's just easier to keep it consistent as it's using the same location string everywhere.

(All that being said, I've no idea how many folks use OzWeather these days.  Me, some friends and family, you..but it's impossible to tell who else still uses it....!)

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - DavidFW1960 - 2021-05-30

(2021-05-30, 03:56)bossanova808 Wrote: Well for now I'd prefer to show the location in full as it's a clue to me as to what people are using, since, historically, folks are very hit and miss about posting debug logs.  And given I've not much experience with the BOM api, if there are issues, asking for that code will be the key thing to debug data related issues when they come.

Once the dust has settled on all this I might release a version without it, but in the meantime it's just easier to keep it consistent as it's using the same location string everywhere.

(All that being said, I've no idea how many folks use OzWeather these days.  Me, some friends and family, you..but it's impossible to tell who else still uses it....!)
Well when it goes down in the recent past there has been a fair bit of squealing about it.... anyone in Australia probably using Kodi uses it but maybe never configured the Radars... if the app suggested the radar to use from the location that might increase. Dunno.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Tyreless - 2021-05-30

Just wanted to say I use it (but not the radar) and really appreciate the work you put into it.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-05-30

Thanks!  Glad you do.  I presume the radar is because of lack of skin support for it?

(2021-05-30, 05:26)DavidFW1960 Wrote: Well when it goes down in the recent past there has been a fair bit of squealing about it.... anyone in Australia probably using Kodi uses it but maybe never configured the Radars... if the app suggested the radar to use from the location that might increase. Dunno.

That's a fair point.  In theory it's possible - I have already written the 'find closest radar from geohash bit' - I just need to map the radar lat lon list to the codes I suppose...but I thought I'd get all this new stuff out there and working at least...but it's on _my_ radar for development...probably would just pre-fill the addon setting but still let you manually overrule it...

(2021-05-30, 06:34)bossanova808 Wrote:
(2021-05-30, 05:26)DavidFW1960 Wrote: Well when it goes down in the recent past there has been a fair bit of squealing about it.... anyone in Australia probably using Kodi uses it but maybe never configured the Radars... if the app suggested the radar to use from the location that might increase. Dunno.

That's a fair point.  In theory it's possible - I have already written the 'find closest radar from geohash bit' - I just need to map the radar lat lon list to the codes I suppose...but I thought I'd get all this new stuff out there and working at least...but it's on _my_ radar for development...probably would just pre-fill the addon setting but still let you manually overrule it...
I like that concept. Anyway it's working well so hopefully Kodi merge it soon. It's nice having all my BOM forecasts/Obs matching each other now too....

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - DavidFW1960 - 2021-05-31

(2021-05-30, 06:34)bossanova808 Wrote:

So I found an oddity...
When I click on the weather menu on the left side I swear it always used to show the location for the weather at the top but it's not showing now.
The Skin when you then click on the weatherImage - The LOW for today looks more like the high? Tried to post a screenshot..
EDIT: It looks ok today for the min..

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-05-31

@DavidFW1960 I can't see your screenshot, sorry.  Bit hard to follow the max/min stuff without it - but keep an eye on it and let me know.

Good catch about the missing location string, I've fixed that.

As it happens (thanks, Melbourne lockdown...), I have also gone ahead and implemented the auto-location of the closest radar. 
There's a new test version here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7bct5ggpvhnqkj/weather.ozweather-1.9.93.zip?dl=0

Can you try that out & report back please - you'll need to remove the radar codes you've manually set (these will act as over-rules now) - and re-configure each of your BOM locations.  It should auto find the closest and use it...it will fall back to the national radar if things go wrong - send me a debug log if any issues, please!

Thanks for all your testing and help along the way, by the way - very handy to have someone else looking at it!

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - DavidFW1960 - 2021-05-31

So see here https://postimg.cc/TKKYhKNM
Where it has Tuesdays low 12 degrees there.... last night mine said 18 degrees as the low... I think it was actually 6... but as I said today seems ok.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-05-31

Hmm, odd.  Gltich with the BOM data, at a guess, but I'll look for weirdness and track it down if I see any...