Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

- Sureguy - 2011-12-23

johnny87au Wrote:hey dude just downloaded "bodrick-Ember-MM-fff56f7" onto my desktop when i open it i dont see any file which will let me open EMBER ?? Do i have to download something else or am i missing something ?

You downloaded the souce files, for compiling or editing and then compiling. You want a file from this page:

http://ember.purplepig.net/projects/embermm/files

Currently you need to use the x64 link, and have x64 hardware as the x86 version just spits out an error.

- bodrick - 2011-12-23

Sureguy Wrote:You downloaded the souce files, for compiling or editing and then compiling. You want a file from this page:

http://ember.purplepig.net/projects/embermm/files

Currently you need to use the x64 link, and have x64 hardware as the x86 version just spits out an error.

Well the problem is the 64 bit version runs on 64bit os's and 32bit on 32bit, its all tied to the way the sqllite support is, potentially I could make the 32bit version run under 64bit os and then potentially do we need a 64bit version then?

- SamHill - 2011-12-24

isamu.dragon Wrote:me like.
Just hold off on the version number.

Here is one without the version number.

- bodrick - 2011-12-24

SamHill Wrote:Here is one without the version number.

Looks great, just curious what font is that so that when I add the version number to it, it matches with everything else.

- SamHill - 2011-12-24

bodrick Wrote:Looks great, just curious what font is that so that when I add the version number to it, it matches with everything else.

It is "Walkway Expanded Black"

http://www.dafont.com/walkway.font?text=Ember+MediaManager

- thrak76 - 2011-12-25

Great job picking up the development, bodrick!

Ember has been long overdue with some updates, and i (as well as the community) really appreciate it!

- Livin - 2011-12-25

Bodrick, thx for taking the reigns. EMM has been my favorite since it was started... and less buggy than any other, by far.

If you are inviting some suggestions I have a few basic ones - these are modification of existing functionality, not new functionality.

Suggestion... make navigation easier by eliminating double-clicks.

Examples:

a) add a small button (something subtle) before the movie name to open the Edit window.

b) upon launch, test the directories to ensure access works. right now, it does not tell you when it cannot get to remote shares... the only way you know is that the images (posters, etc) don't show.

again, thx for taking up cause and have a merry Xmas & happy New Year.

- MrDVD - 2011-12-26

bodrick Wrote:Well the problem is the 64 bit version runs on 64bit os's and 32bit on 32bit, its all tied to the way the sqllite support is, potentially I could make the 32bit version run under 64bit os and then potentially do we need a 64bit version then?

In fact we dont need an 64bit version aslong the 32bit run under an 64bit OS Smile

- Tomkun - 2011-12-26

I wonder if anyone can help me...

Is the MPAA rating the same as the USA certification? I ask because most skins allow the display of MPAA ratings, but not all movies on imdb have mpaa ratings, but they do have a USA certification; for example:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit has only a USA certificate, no MPAA.

Whereas:

Zombieland has both MPAA and USA certification and they are both 'R'.

Is this just missing information in imdb or are they genuinely different things? At the moment when I scrape a movie such as WFRR, it shows up as unrated. I know that ember allows me to use a certification as an MPAA rating, but if I do that, I will lose all the information for movies that do have the MPAA information.

Would it be possible to have a combination where if there is no MPAA rating then it uses the USA certification instead?

Thanks!

- dsync89 - 2011-12-26

It's good to see that emm had it's development continued. Been using r2411 for quite some years now and one problem is still remained unsolved even though I had downloaded the latest version from the git.

The problem lies with the Absolute episode ordering for some anime, e.g. Detective Conan and Yu-gi-oh series. No matter what kind of ordering I choose it would seemed to always pick the standard one, despite trying to remove from the database and readded it again. Other anime series worked fine though.

- tannnu - 2011-12-26

Hi.

I keep getting same error if i try to save any change in settings:

Title: Error
Message: Access to the path 'C:\Ember\AdvancedSettings.xml' is denied.
StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Xml.XmlTextWriter..ctor(String filename, Encoding encoding)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
at EmberAPI.AdvancedSettings.Save()
Date/Time: 26.12.2011 23:05:56

Could somebody help me to resolve this?

Thank You,
Tanel

- TugboatBill - 2011-12-27

tannnu Wrote:Hi.

I keep getting same error if i try to save any change in settings:

Title: Error
Message: Access to the path 'C:\Ember\AdvancedSettings.xml' is denied.
StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Xml.XmlTextWriter..ctor(String filename, Encoding encoding)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
at EmberAPI.AdvancedSettings.Save()
Date/Time: 26.12.2011 23:05:56

Could somebody help me to resolve this?

Thank You,
Tanel

That looks like you don;t have write permissions to the C:\Ember folder.

- bodrick - 2011-12-27

MrDVD Wrote:In fact we dont need an 64bit version aslong the 32bit run under an 64bit OS Smile

Very true, I actually thought about that after I made the comment, I suspect the next release I'll only make a 32bit release, since that makes the most sense since honestly I see no reason to have a 64bit version.

- bodrick - 2011-12-27

TugboatBill Wrote:That looks like you don;t have write permissions to the C:\Ember folder.

I agree with Tugboat, looks like a permissions issue on the advancesettings.xml file. Make sure the user you are currently logged in as has write permissions to the whole folder.

- bodrick - 2011-12-27

Tomkun Wrote:I wonder if anyone can help me...

Is the MPAA rating the same as the USA certification? I ask because most skins allow the display of MPAA ratings, but not all movies on imdb have mpaa ratings, but they do have a USA certification; for example:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit has only a USA certificate, no MPAA.

Whereas:

Zombieland has both MPAA and USA certification and they are both 'R'.

Is this just missing information in imdb or are they genuinely different things? At the moment when I scrape a movie such as WFRR, it shows up as unrated. I know that ember allows me to use a certification as an MPAA rating, but if I do that, I will lose all the information for movies that do have the MPAA information.

Would it be possible to have a combination where if there is no MPAA rating then it uses the USA certification instead?

Thanks!

I have ran into the same problem and its bugs me too, I'll try and look into this and see if there is a way to use one or the other depending on certain criteria.