Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

- bodrick - 2011-12-27

Livin Wrote:Bodrick, thx for taking the reigns. EMM has been my favorite since it was started... and less buggy than any other, by far.

If you are inviting some suggestions I have a few basic ones - these are modification of existing functionality, not new functionality.

Suggestion... make navigation easier by eliminating double-clicks.

Examples:

a) add a small button (something subtle) before the movie name to open the Edit window.

b) upon launch, test the directories to ensure access works. right now, it does not tell you when it cannot get to remote shares... the only way you know is that the images (posters, etc) don't show.

again, thx for taking up cause and have a merry Xmas & happy New Year.

A couple of good suggestions, if you could add them to the project page that would be great, http://ember.purplepig.net.

- SamHill - 2011-12-27

Hey bodrick, I seem to be having trouble logging into your site.
Any ideas.

- GBB1 - 2011-12-27

clock2113 Wrote:What's cover2 used for?

Cover1 is in the overview and cover2 is when you go inside the folder and select the file. It's strange that XBMC doesn't use the same. But that's just how it is..

- MrDVD - 2011-12-28

Hallo, i have also some questions Smile

1. Is it normal that this version needs much longer to create the extrathumbs or did i something wrong with my setup. (i think there is a new ffmpeg that make this ?)

2. If there is a Poster with 1000x1500 i select this but than ember use a smaller one.

I hope you have some ideas what i can change ?

- ZestyChicken - 2011-12-28

MrDVD Wrote:Hallo, i have also some questions Smile

1. Is it normal that this version needs much longer to create the extrathumbs or did i something wrong with my setup. (i think there is a new ffmpeg that make this ?)

2. If there is a Poster with 1000x1500 i select this but than ember use a smaller one.

Great program. Actually works unlike XBMC Media Companion (which has gone to pot sadly). It's very slick. More options than you can shake a stick at.

Few Questions:

1) How does the connection to your XBMC server work? I tried setting it up without any luck. I used the port used by the web interface.

2) Is there a way to force XBMC to update it's nfo and art from the local files? Sickbeard and

3) Does using a MySql database cause issues?

Thanks!

- dragomanjk - 2011-12-28

MrDVD Wrote:Hallo, i have also some questions Smile

2. Options - Movies - Scrapers - Images - Caching : "Use Image Cache"
Try changing that option. Mine is currently unchecked and works. When checked I get strange results like yours.

I don't have an answer for 1 as I have never created extrathumbs, just used fanart.

- dragomanjk - 2011-12-28

ZestyChicken Wrote:Great program. Actually works unlike XBMC Media Companion (which has gone to pot sadly). It's very slick. More options than you can shake a stick at.

Few Questions:

1) How does the connection to your XBMC server work? I tried setting it up without any luck. I used the port used by the web interface.

2) Is there a way to force XBMC to update it's nfo and art from the local files? Sickbeard and

3) Does using a MySql database cause issues?

Thanks!

You copied the previous guy's post but didn't answer anything...

1. XBMC Control Module works. Not perfectly. You type xbmc's ip, user/pass, populate and boom. Make sure control by other applications/computers is enabled in XBMC's networking.
2. Does not seem to work. I changed artwork on a drive that was connected with Ember, told Ember to update xbmc and the artwork did not change in xbmc. I was able to add a movie and tell ember to update xbmc and that worked. For the fanart/poster to update, I had to manually refresh the movie in xbmc.
3. No clue. I'm using standard setup.

Using Eden
Related - it would be nice to know what all the modules do.
Related - Would be nice to get the addons server too.

- upD8R - 2011-12-28

dragomanjk Wrote:3. No clue. I'm using standard setup.
Regarding mySQL: No issues here as this should be transparent to Ember anyway. But I don't use Ember to control XBMC, I just create all the thumbnails and NFOs and let XBMC add the new media at my PC (I installed an XBMC instance there) because it's more convenient.

The data is stored in my central mySQL (running on my WHS2011) and I have a common view with my reamining two XMBC boxes. Great stuff!

- tannnu - 2011-12-28

bodrick Wrote:I agree with Tugboat, looks like a permissions issue on the advancesettings.xml file. Make sure the user you are currently logged in as has write permissions to the whole folder.

Thanks for helping but i checked everything and it still gives same error. Now i tried again with older emm-r version and everything worked fine - no errors. Again i tried with Bodrick-s x86 version and errors are back. I am using Win XP pc.

Tanel

- bodrick - 2011-12-28

Just to keep everyone in the loop, I've had my surgery, all went well, I will keep an eye on the forums but don't expect to much from me for the next couple of weeks, fear not though there are lots of great ideas for ember and i plan on trying to make it the best there is.

- tcman47 - 2011-12-28

what exactly does the frame extraction tab do, can I make decent fanart with this option?

thanks Confused

- isamu.dragon - 2011-12-28

1) it EXTRACTS FRAMES from your Video File.

2) If your video is 720p or higher it can make excellent fanart

- hdmax - 2011-12-28

Maybe he is just a MASTERful debater
toineb Wrote:lol best post ever

- TugboatBill - 2011-12-28

isamu.dragon Wrote:1) it EXTRACTS FRAMES from your Video File.

2) If your video is 720p or higher it can make excellent fanart

Note that it doesn't work for ISOs.

- tcman47 - 2011-12-28

TugboatBill Wrote:Note that it doesn't work for ISOs.

No problem, all my movies are 1080P .mkv, i tried it out during my lunch break, very simple to use and extract frames, problem is I want full 1920 x 1080 pure HD stills for my fanart, nothing less will do, yet when I am extracting the frames on the movie, the still have black bars at the top and bottom. I then threw it into paint shop pro, crop the bars and then resize to 1920 x 1080, then use digital noise clean up function but the stills are a little blurry.

How can I make 1920 x 1080 pure HD frame extractions that don't have to be messed with afterwards?

thanks Wink