Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - jbrowne - 2012-11-29

this may or may not be related, but a major fiber line / internet provider had problems yesterday across multiple states.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - rufrothy - 2012-11-29

(2012-11-29, 05:14)Randall Lind Wrote: Here how to fix Ember:

Open EMM and click on Edit then settings then Movie tab now click on Ember XML Movie scrapers. Now click enable then populate scrapers and pick tmdb_olympia. This will use The Movie Datebase (TMDB) to download from.

Now click on Ember Native scrapers and uncheck enable this will stop Ember from looking at IMDB. Click OK

Now everything should be working as normal.

Thanks, that got me going again. Hopefully someone will fix IMDB scraper soon. This is an ember issue not an ISP or connectivity issue. IMDB is alive and well.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - atw999 - 2012-11-29

I guess this is the reason:

Quote:http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000040/thread/207549083

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-11-29

Can some one explain this I don't understand. This is the url EMM uses

Q: I use akas.imdb.com. What happened to the list of the AKAs under the movies and people on the search page there?
A: The objective of this project was to simplify search both technically and in the UI. Instead of providing all AKAs on the search results page, we focus on including results with AKAs that closely match the search term, if any. All AKAs for individual titles are still viewable via title pages.

Is there a fix? it is not pulling anything however on auto scrape it is downloading movie information however if information is wrong and you click change movie only way to scrape is with IMDB ID # manually or you get nothing.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - danif86 - 2012-11-29

Still not working here

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-11-29

Woks fine here but only thing that sucks about doing movies manually is EMM makes you pick posters and fanart twice which gets on my nerves.

Update: The is the issue I am having because EMM scrape poster/fanart twice on some movies it scrapes correct one 1st time then wrong one on 2nd and if you cancel the 2nd one doesn't download anything. IMDB totally screwed up akas.imdb.com scrape a imax movie and got cartoon images from another movie which has nothing to do with the movie I am scrapeing.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - rodercot - 2012-11-30

not sure if this matters, mine was scraping just fine on XP about two days ago. I installed the latest version of Handbrake .98 I think and that updated M$ framework to 4.0 and ever since that I have not been able to scrape other than manually by adding the imdb numbers tv shows still work fine. I went back and looked at a couple old versions of the xml scraper that I have on my server and the imdb xml files always have used the same url by the looks of it.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - zerocool_ie - 2012-11-30

Still working from Ireland by entering IMDB ID manually...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - steve1977 - 2012-11-30

This is a disaster to see... Any idea whether XBMC IMDB scraper is still working and what is the work-around? Any programmer around who could update the IMDB scraper to reflect the new IMDB structure?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-11-30

imdb akas server works on auto but seems to download a lot of wrong art. You can now manually enter the imdb id but due to EMM double scraping you may see the correct movie images then still get another movie.

It also seem imdb totally screwed up akas server. So I am using imdb for NFO only now since it is so messed up. I think EMM may need to have scraper rewritten to reflect the new changes.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-11-30

(2012-11-30, 12:16)rodercot Wrote: not sure if this matters, mine was scraping just fine on XP about two days ago. I installed the latest version of Handbrake .98 I think and that updated M$ framework to 4.0 and ever since that I have not been able to scrape other than manually by adding the imdb numbers tv shows still work fine. I went back and looked at a couple old versions of the xml scraper that I have on my server and the imdb xml files always have used the same url by the looks of it.

imdb redid how they do search which launch on the 28th this screwed up everything. It is nothing EMM or you did. I tried some new media managers and they had the same issues.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - steve1977 - 2012-12-01

Any idea how to fix it? How are you guys scraping these days? Through xbmc directly? Using mediaelch Or others?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mew1033 - 2012-12-01

I'm still using the manual entry. It's not that big of a deal for me, especially since I have the bulk of my collection done. Just the new movies to add.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - steve1977 - 2012-12-01

Manual entre may be ok interim, but someone wrote that posters then need to be selected twice and results arent always great.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-12-01

The issue is with manual EMM scrapes twice and a lot of time the 2nd is different movie completely which screws it up and if you cancel 2nd nothing downloads. I fix all my movies took a day and a half but, it really is a pain now. I added 5 new movies tonight and all of them had to be done manually which takes time to look up.

I don't want to be ban but, Media Companion is nice and they have already issue a patch for IMDB. So I guess I will use that for movies until EMM is fixed.