Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DarkKnight - 2012-12-05

I decided to merge all the minor fix pull requests outstanding in Bodrick's repo to my copy, an rebuilt the application. It was a real chore to make that happen, I'm not really a programmer, and am new to all the tools. However, the fixes are in my copy and I've taken the liberty of incrementing the version number to 1308 to reflect that.

Change log:

v1.3.0.8

Added:
DocLockwood's fix for IMDB API change
Youtube Trailer Fix created by Myron Boyle
DTS HD indentification from mediainfo.dll by Cocotus
Updated Ember Media Manager & Addons tab order by msavazzi

Link: Removed Edit: Use Dan's Versions.

Instructions: Unrar in place and run. If you were using v1307, I imagine copying over Media.emm, Settings.xml, & AdvancedSettings.xml to v1308 should retain all your information. If you were using a version earlier than that, or it hangs when using it, try deleting those files and running it again.

I have tested it for my uses and it works fine. If you come across major problems, I'm not really the guy to fix them, but you should still report them in this thread.

Again, hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, just trying to keep this thing working.

Edit: The copy I uploaded didn't have the ver number adjusted. I fixed it (again). It should read 1.3.0.8 on the splash screen on launch.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kricker - 2012-12-05

Nice. Thank you.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-05, 01:13)steve1977 Wrote: Thanks so much guys, this is fantastic!!! Looking forward to using Ember again.

Does the "new" version reflect the "trailer fix", which was posted some 10 pages ago or so in this thread?

(2012-12-04, 14:52)magneto Wrote: Note: the new IMDB engine really sucks, now search result are not relevant...

Not sure I understand this comment. What's the issue with IMDB?

Example take the movie The Awakening (2011) it doesn't have the year listed when searched and they have other movies with the same name and year. I click on the one with no year and it says 2011 and was the correct one. This doesn't happen on every movie but a pain. Also it may list the same movie twice with title and year and 1 has no cover art etc but the 2nd one does.

Some movies have title like Bad Movie Breakdown: "name of movie" , Blockbuster Buster so making me change the movies.

So with some movies it is worthless but thank God for manually search.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DarkKnight - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-05, 01:13)steve1977 Wrote: Thanks so much guys, this is fantastic!!! Looking forward to using Ember again.

Does the "new" version reflect the "trailer fix", which was posted some 10 pages ago or so in this thread?

v1308 linked to in my post above should include the youtube trailer fix.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-05, 01:34)DarkKnight Wrote:

v1308 linked to in my post above should include the youtube trailer fix.

Damn when I get done re-scrapping and renaming I will try that. Thanks DarkKight

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ynksbsbll2 - 2012-12-05

At least in Magneto's version command line scraping doesn't appear to work. When I do a manual search for a movie within the GUI it'll list all the results but never actually defaults on which movie it thinks is right (probably explains why the command line fails). I'll give Dark Knight's a try and see if that is any different.

Edit: So Dark Knight's version (1.3.0.8) exhibits the same behavior in a manual GUI search as magneto's does, but command line scraping works just fine! Absolutely awesome. I appreciate the work you guys have put in to merge these fixes.

I just rescraped my whole movie library with v1308. Works pretty well. The issue is that IMDB results seem to put documentaries about a movie ahead of the movie itself in the results. The correct result was the only similarly named one that ALSO had box art in all cases but one, where there were duplicate listings for the same movie, and both had box art. It also hung on one movie not being found. I had to cancel the scraper and add it manually via IMDB title number, which worked fine.

(2012-12-05, 01:51)ynksbsbll2 Wrote: At least in Magneto's version command line scraping doesn't appear to work. When I do a manual search for a movie within the GUI it'll list all the results but never actually defaults on which movie it thinks is right (probably explains why the command line fails). I'll give Dark Knight's a try and see if that is any different.

Edit: So Dark Knight's version (1.3.0.8) exhibits the same behavior in a manual GUI search as magneto's does, but command line scraping works just fine! Absolutely awesome. I appreciate the work you guys have put in to merge these fixes.

It renames fine for me I have no idea what the command line is but everything is working so far for me.
(2012-12-05, 02:16)DarkKnight Wrote: I just rescraped my whole movie library with v1308. Works pretty well. The issue is that IMDB results seem to put documentaries about a movie ahead of the movie itself in the results. The correct result was the only similarly named one that ALSO had box art in all cases but one, where there were duplicate listings for the same movie, and both had box art. It also hung on one movie not being found. I had to cancel the scraper and add it manually via IMDB title number, which worked fine.

I learn more about ember and other managers this week then I dreamed of LOL I re-scape my 1652 movies library like 5+ times

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ynksbsbll2 - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-05, 02:26)Randall Lind Wrote: It renames fine for me I have no idea what the command line is but everything is working so far for me.

Eventghost monitors my movie folder for changes. When it recognizes a movie has been added it launches Ember, but instead of bringing up the full GUI you can set parameters to automatically scrape new movies that have been added to the database. In this case, only a little window pops up telling you what it's automatically doing. It's pretty handy because otherwise I'd have to remote into my server every time to manually scrape a movie. And, because CouchPotato appends the IMDB identification (the whole tt##### thing in the URL), it should theoretically always scrape the right movie even if other movies have the exact same title.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - MaxCore - 2012-12-05

It possible to get the plot from themoviedb.org ? i want get the french plot ... like the tmdb_olympia_v1.5 ...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - rodercot - 2012-12-05

awesome work guys. I have one comment, in 1308 version when I go to settings - Tvshows- files and sources. the box to the right is now blank. Is there something I need to do to edit the TV show source. We still need the banner.jpg option as a selection for tv shows as well.

Thanks,

Dave

I fell asleep been scraping and re-scraping movies over 24+ hrs 1.3.0.8 seem not to work so downgraded to 1.3.0.7a back to business. When I get done I may retest 1.3.0.8 again.

I am so sick of scraping but I just wonder who @ Amazon (owns IMDB) came up with the idea to allow users made movie list in search? I can only image Projector" Cleanskin or Movie Twins' Crank has to be on some one made up list. I don't see Hollywood releasing title like that for IMDB,

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - chander - 2012-12-05

I was a huge fan of Ember. But now, with the new way Frodo manages the library and , i fully switch to internal scraping using the marvelous universal scraper developed by Olympia, highly configurable and including automatic trailers linking. Of course, you'll want to change some art or edit some titles. For that, you must wait for an update of XWMM to be Frodo compatible or use a SQL manager (not so difficult and the best way actually to update batch of informations).

Just give it a try!

PS: and if you absolutely wants nfos files or to backup your metadatas, just do an export of your library...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Eisi2005 - 2012-12-05

I have test Universal scraper and i must say it work very good, but for german users who want a german outline it is a no go with internal scraper because there is only a english outline with universal scraper. So if i want it perfekt for me i must use a view with no outline or i must use an external scraper.