Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

- snowjim - 2011-12-28

Hi,

I have tried Media Compantion and Media Center Master but none of them worked out for me.

Now I am testing Ember Media Manager that looks nice.

I have loaded my library and now I need to make som changes. The first problem is CSI where I got a file structure like this :

CSI
-S01 (Empty folder)
-S02
--CSI.2x01...
--CSI.2x02...
-S03

Ember do find the series and binds it correctly but it does only show Sesson 01 and in this it states that there is one epesode(13(Boom)). This is not correct as you can see in my filestructure above.

Question1: How do I solve this?

Question2: How do I set a movie/epesode to watched?

Question3: Right click on TV Show and reload will in most cases remoe the Sessions and epsodes? To get them back I have to (re)scrape the entire TV Show (which is painfully slow)?

- upD8R - 2011-12-28

I use regular fanart (scraped by Ember) because in my experience any captured frame will always be blurry.

Without postprocessing you need FullHD sources with aspect ratio 1:1.77. Not many movies have this format, though. If you have other ratios like 1:2.35 you don't have 1080 pixel in height so you need to re-size with corresponding quality loss. Not acceptable as fanart background IMO.

- upD8R - 2011-12-28

snowjim Wrote:Question1: How do I solve this?
No clue. I put everything (i.e. all seasons and episodes) into one folder. Ember and XBMC can handle this quite well. Just move all .AVI or .MKV of a series to one folder and give it a try. But maybe it's related to the recursive scanning setting?
snowjim Wrote:Question2: How do I set a movie/epesode to watched?
Most likely not with Ember. But in XBMC context menu you can do this (press C).
snowjim Wrote:Question3: Right click on TV Show and reload will in most cases remoe the Sessions and epsodes? To get them back I have to (re)scrape the entire TV Show?
Never had this issue. This only happened to me once when the source was not available (e.g. unreachable network path).

- snowjim - 2011-12-28

upD8R Wrote:No clue. I put everything (i.e. all seasons and episodes) into one folder. Ember and XBMC can handle this quite well. Just move all .AVI or .MKV of a series to one folder and give it a try. But maybe it's related to the recursive scanning setting?

Sorry for not being clear, this is how it looks like :

CSI
-S01 (Empty folder)
-S02
--CSI.2x01... (folder)
---csi.2x01...avi
--CSI.2x02... (folder)
---csi.2x02...avi
-S03

I have this problems with alot of the series, for example also :

Desperate Houswives
-Season 2
--Desperate.Housewives.S02E06... (folder)
---desperate.housewives.s02e06...part01 (rar files(about 25-30)

Here Ember states that Seson 02 contains these epesodes :

1 Next (mapped to Season 2\Desperate.Housewives.S02E01...avi)
1 Next (mapped to Season 2\Desperate.Housewives.S02E02...avi)
1 Next (mapped to Season 2\Desperate.Housewives.S02E03...avi)

If I take reload on this TV show nothing will happen, the seasons will remain

This is really not working at all?

upD8R Wrote:Most likely not with Ember. But in XBMC context menu you can do this (press C).

This could be set with the outer softwares and its not fund to set watched on a LARGE library.

upD8R Wrote:Never had this issue. This only happened to me once when the source was not available (e.g. unreachable network path).

All my files is on the same computer that run Ember on.

- snowjim - 2011-12-28

To makes sure that there is no errors in the metadata I simple removed all the meta data that one of the TV shows had. Nothing happend inside Ember until I clicked the "Update Library", now the TV show is gone from the liste and I can´t find how to add/rescarape it again?

- upD8R - 2011-12-28

Not sure if I understand the problem. Do you keep the RAR files? Why?
Nevermind, what directory structure XBMC (and probably also Ember) expect is defined here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_Shows_(Video_Library)

Maybe you should check if this fits to your setup ...

- upD8R - 2011-12-28

snowjim Wrote:To makes sure that there is no errors in the metadata I simple removed all the meta data that one of the TV shows had. Nothing happend inside Ember until I clicked the "Update Library", now the TV show is gone from the liste and I can´t find how to add/rescarape it again?
With DEL you can delete a TV show (or a movie) from Ember's database. If you update the library next time the series/movie is added to Ember again and you can scrape again (Ctrl + I).

This works all very well here, I reworked my whole library with the latest Ember version w/o any issues.

- snowjim - 2011-12-29

upD8R Wrote:With DEL you can delete a TV show (or a movie) from Ember's database. If you update the library next time the series/movie is added to Ember again and you can scrape again (Ctrl + I).

This works all very well here, I reworked my whole library with the latest Ember version w/o any issues.

How to a update the library again? I know that I can do a (re)scrape of an existing show but in this case the TV Show is not in the list? it does exist in the filestrcutre that Ember is set to use but the TV Show is not added even if I click Update Library > All?

- johnny87au - 2011-12-29

bodrick Wrote:Just to keep everyone in the loop, I've had my surgery, all went well, I will keep an eye on the forums but don't expect to much from me for the next couple of weeks, fear not though there are lots of great ideas for ember and i plan on trying to make it the best there is.

Great to hear everything went smooth !

- hentai23 - 2011-12-29

bodrick Wrote:Just to keep everyone in the loop, I've had my surgery, all went well, I will keep an eye on the forums but don't expect to much from me for the next couple of weeks, fear not though there are lots of great ideas for ember and i plan on trying to make it the best there is.

sounds like great news to me , we will gladly wait for your full return and future work on this kick-ass media manager ,keep it up bro and take it easy with the recovery Nod

- X82X - 2011-12-29

EMM is such a great programme. I own a WD Live Hub and this is an issue since not many programmes support it.
It doesn't read .nfo only .xml.
I use EMM to get the data and in the past I would simply rename .nfo to .xml and it kind of worked. But still, episode data was hit or miss etc.

So I was hoping if anyone knows a way of setting up EMM to work with my Western Digital Live Hub? I've tried other programmes but I always come back to EMM as its so easy to use.

- KevinSartori - 2011-12-29

Glad to hear you're doing well! Take it easy, Ember is important, but not more important than your health.

- blackcows - 2011-12-29

TugboatBill Wrote:Note that it doesn't work for ISOs.

Must not work for TS_Video either? I tried with no success.

Mike

- blackcows - 2011-12-29

When EMM shows fanart with (orginal) what does this mean?

Also is there a way to edit the fanart and poster for sets from within EMM or must the be done manually?

- blackcows - 2011-12-29

EMM is downloading this:

rtmp://amazonimdb.fcod.llnwd.net/a2643/o25/s/theaters/MV5/BMT/c5M/Dg3/MV5BMTc5MDg3MTAyNF5BNl5BZmx2XkFtZTcwNTU5NjUyNA4040?e=1325211470&h=c47592a84df326c3010f121ac7d43230

under "trailer" for some of my movies...not exactly the same but similar. I tried the links but they are not valid? What does this reference?

Mike