Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - >>X<< - 2012-12-11

For a start don't overwrite your old ember install do a clean install, as for that particular movie I just tried it with a dummy file and there's something ember doesn't like about that movie it wouldn't scrape automatically it found nothing, even when entering the movie id it was still problematic but I did eventually get it to scrape this is the only movie I've had a problem with using the fixed version.

If you get movies like this the best thing to do is use an nfo with the id tag which I did for this movie and it scraped everything first time.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie>
  <id>tt0385567</id>
</movie>

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-12-11

(2012-12-11, 00:41)Marcos Wrote: Just checking in on this thread for future reference. Glad someone is working on this project. But the home page could be better, purplepig is weird

I believe Brodrick is still working on it but due to life he has be missing in action for a while except to say he was working on a new release which is rewritten from ground up. Dan stepped up and patch the IMDB after a couple tries that worked but was not completely done right after IMDB change how search is done. Dan also took all the known patches like Youtube etc and integrated them as well. (trailer are back)

This is all I know. No idea if Brodrick is gone for good or not but, as long as EMM works and get patches when needed I am here.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2012-12-11

Thank you for your quick reply and testing the movie. Also thank you for the sample title code!

I should have time tonight to try your suggestions and will post my results.

Ken

EDIT: This is probably a dumb question, but I presume this means that I'll have to reconfigure all my settings?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2012-12-11

(2012-12-11, 17:48)CaptainKen Wrote: Thank you for your quick reply and testing the movie. Also thank you for the sample title code!

Ken

EDIT: This is probably a dumb question, but I presume this means that I'll have to reconfigure all my settings?

No you shouldn't have to just put your Settings.xml, AdvancedSettings.xml, Media.emm in with the other files before you start Ember.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mephistopoa - 2012-12-12

(2012-12-09, 20:57)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote:
(2012-12-09, 16:43)mephistopoa Wrote: could you guys please have a look on the IMDB scrapper please? Looks like it is broken due to changes on IMDB website. Thanks!

Are you talking about in Ember because its been fixed already

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116941&pid=1258337#pid1258337

WHOA! excellent!

Good job guys!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2012-12-12

(2012-12-11, 18:15)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 17:48)CaptainKen Wrote: Thank you for your quick reply and testing the movie. Also thank you for the sample title code!

Ken

No you shouldn't have to just put your Settings.xml, AdvancedSettings.xml, Media.emm in with the other files before you start Ember.

I tried it on "A Nanny for Christmas (2010)" and it worked with exception to not finding any cast members?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-12-12

(2012-12-12, 03:40)CaptainKen Wrote:

Ken

I tried it on "A Nanny for Christmas (2010)" and it worked with exception to not finding any cast members?

That is IMDB I believe not EMM ones I have nothing on I notice there not much on IMDB.com about the movie either.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2012-12-12

Ken

What worked using an nfo with the id tag?

It found cast members for me?

You could try selecting scrape full cast, if you don't actually want the full cast you can limit the amount to 15 which is all you get when scrape full cast is disabled.

If everything else works I wouldn't worry to much about one movie, if you can't get cast members to scrape for that movie then use the nfo I scraped below Wink

http://pastebin.com/xHWsdDEv#

Your need to scrape meta data again as I used a dummy file

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2012-12-12

(2012-12-12, 15:10)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 18:15)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote: No you shouldn't have to just put your Settings.xml, AdvancedSettings.xml, Media.emm in with the other files before you start Ember.

That is IMDB I believe not EMM ones I have nothing on I notice there not much on IMDB.com about the movie either.

1) Per forum advice I'm not using "Ember Native Movie Scrappers", so I'm using "Ember XML Movie Scrappers":

2) Notice how the movie appears twice.

3) Looks like it is being scraped from themoviedb.org, which does have info on it as shown here. Both themoviedb and IMDB have info on their sites for this movie, but cast is not coming across.
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/50652-a-nanny-for-christmas
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1572008/

4) This seems strange, when I delete everything in my EMM folder except for settings.xml, advancesettings.xml, and media.emm, then copy the fix1 version into it, and run Update Library I can't scrape *any* movies. So when I try to scrape *nothing* happens.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2012-12-12

There are two XML Movie Scrapers tmdb_olympia and imdb_olympia_v1.5 your obviously using tmdb_olympia and if you search this thread your see others are now having the same problems scraping cast.

If you don't have a specific reason for using the XML Movie Scrapers then why use them especially as they are no longer populating all the relevant information which the native scraper does.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2012-12-12

The XML-scraper is broken for a long time...

(2012-12-12, 15:29)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 18:15)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote: No you shouldn't have to just put your Settings.xml, AdvancedSettings.xml, Media.emm in with the other files before you start Ember.

You could try selecting scrape full cast, if you don't actually want the full cast you can limit the amount to 15 which is all you get when scrape full cast is disabled.

If everything else works I wouldn't worry to much about one movie, if you can't get cast members to scrape for that movie then use the nfo I scraped below Wink

It doesn't like your nfo for "a boy friend for Christmas. When I Update Library it shows that the movie was added, but when I click on movie it doesn't see the cast members. I've tried deleting movie from database, and then update library but no luck.

Here's your nfo after I manually added the casts, because even though they were already in the file they weren't showing up. So I guess you could compare this one to the one you sent me.
movie.nfo (mine)

It has been set to full cast all along.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-12-12

I know TMDB plugin is only good for plots and art work cover/fan art no IMDB cast info. I tired useing it before Dan fix EMM IMDB search as long as I didn't want cast info it was good.

(2012-12-12, 16:24)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote: There are two XML Movie Scrapers tmdb_olympia and imdb_olympia_v1.5 your obviously using tmdb_olympia and if you search this thread your see others are now having the same problems scraping cast.

If you don't have a specific reason for using the XML Movie Scrapers then why use them especially as they are no longer populating all the relevant information which the native scraper does.

I guess I got it backwards then. I thought I wasn't supposed to use the "ember native movie scrapers"

I changed back the native and disabled the XML and it is now working.

Thank you!

(2012-12-12, 16:38)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2012-12-12, 15:29)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote:
(2012-12-12, 03:40)CaptainKen Wrote: I tried it on "A Nanny for Christmas (2010)" and it worked with exception to not finding any cast members?

It doesn't like your nfo for "a boy friend for Christmas. When I Update Library it shows that the movie was added, but when I click on movie it doesn't see the cast members. I've tried deleting movie from database, and then update library but no luck.

Here's your nfo after I manually added the casts, because even though they were already in the file they weren't showing up. So I guess you could compare this one to the one you sent me.
movie.nfo (mine)

It has been set to full cast all along.

Ember created the nfo not me and I tested it first, I removed it from ember db then copied and pasted from pastedbin and it worked perfectly maybe you messed up the copy and paste or your ember db was borked who knows.

In any case I'm done with this.