Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kricker - 2012-12-26

I had similar results when doing manual searches yesterday. Is there not some way for the search to filter out anything that isn't a movie? I was getting games as well as those reviews.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - shms - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-26, 18:21)kricker Wrote: @shms
Ember does not read XBMC's database. It has it's own database. If you've scraped info within XBMC Ember will not have access to that info. It will scrape the data on its own and create whatever files you tell it to in the settings. You could export you XBMC database as individual files. Then Ember will read that info when you add the sources the first time.

okey, so i could do changes in ember and save them and overwrite them to mysql db? How does it know what i want to change from ember and what to keep from the xbmc db?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - >>X<< - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-26, 22:12)kricker Wrote: I had similar results when doing manual searches yesterday. Is there not some way for the search to filter out anything that isn't a movie? I was getting games as well as those reviews.

Yeah they must have changed something as its not using the exact match anymore when using auto.

I just tried using "Ask" instead and it fetched the exact match for all three of the movies I listed above without asking so that's a work around for now.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kricker - 2012-12-26

I always use ask when doing batches so I did not notice the issue until I did a manual search.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2012-12-27

it has been discussed before, i know ... but still not work for me scrape of new movies.
all they lack all the information.
By doing crtl + I more or less www.imdb.com detects the title, but when recording the nfo file and subsequent election posters, fanart etc ... just aborts.
I have a clean install and only Fix2 I copied the files (advancedsettings and settings) of a facility / previous folder.

What is happening? ... I'm more interested in that then scrape it down properly in the trailers youtube

LOG**************

================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Platform: x86
Ember Application (Revision: 1.3.0.7)
Ember API (Revision: 1.3.0.4)
Ember Extras Scraper (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Ember Native Movie Scrapers (Revision: 1.3.0.5)
Ember XML Scraper (Revision: 1.3.0.4)
Renamer (Revision: 1.3.0.4)
Frame Extractor (Revision: 1.3.0.4)
Media File Manager (Revision: 1.3.0.4)
Movie List Exporter (Revision: 1.3.0.4)
NMT Jukebox Builder (Revision: 1.3.0.4)
Notifications (Revision: 1.3.0.4)
Offline Media Manager (Revision: 1.3.0.4)
Web Server (Revision: 1.3.0.4)
XBMC Controller (Revision: 1.3.0.4)
Boxee Compatibility (Revision: 1.3.0.4)
MediaBrowser Compatibility (Revision: 1.3.0.4)
YAMJ Compatibility (Revision: 1.3.0.4)
Genres Editor (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Media Sources Editor (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Audio & Video Codec Mapping (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Ember Native TV Scrapers (Revision: 1.3.0.5)

================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Title: Error: V:\películas vol.2\Waterworld\folder.jpg
StackTrace: en System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
en EmberAPI.Images.FromFile(String sPath)
Date/Time: 26/12/2012 23:27:35
===========================================================================================

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - JGKos - 2012-12-27

hey all,

can someone explain to me the "clean files" functionality? Is it simply an option to clean / "remove" unwanted files in my folders? I am thinking this might be where my issue lies. I have different files created from all the changes I had been making in my setting (ie.. poster.jpg, <move>.jpg, etc)

would i simply select the files I want to "clean" or select the files formats I want to keep. sorry this does not seem very clear to me

thanks!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ynksbsbll2 - 2012-12-27

(2012-12-27, 00:45)JGKos Wrote: hey all,

can someone explain to me the "clean files" functionality? Is it simply an option to clean / "remove" unwanted files in my folders? I am thinking this might be where my issue lies. I have different files created from all the changes I had been making in my setting (ie.. poster.jpg, <move>.jpg, etc)

would i simply select the files I want to "clean" or select the files formats I want to keep. sorry this does not seem very clear to me

thanks!

If you go to Settings and click "File System" under Options, you'll see on the right side a list of files that can be cleaned (you can customize it in expert mode too). Check off all the ones you want to delete, then when you go to Tools -> Clean Files it'll wipe out all those that you checked off.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - skogenshamnd - 2012-12-27

Hi, everybody! I would like to know if there is a way to change emm's file naming scheme for files such as the art and .nfo files. I have a collection of movies some of which are in their own folders and some which are not and, for reasons I'd rather not disclose, I cannot move them into their own folders. I would like to have a file naming scheme like "<movie> poster.jpg *emm" which would group the files with their relevant movies but which would also allow me to easily search for and delete the emm files if necessary.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you, and happy holidays.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - rodercot - 2012-12-27

What files are you all associating with Frodo for movies and tvshows, or should I say what files do we actually need to keep

<movie>.nfo
poster.jpg
<movie>.fanart.jpg
banner.jpg

video_ts folders nfo,s etc need to be renamed and moved to the top level folder I assume.

I have a ton of files per folder and if they are not needed any longer I would like to clean them up and off my server.

Thanks,

Dave

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - JGKos - 2012-12-27

(2012-12-27, 19:17)rodercot Wrote: What files are you all associating with Frodo for movies and tvshows, or should I say what files do we actually need to keep

<movie>.nfo
poster.jpg
<movie>.fanart.jpg
banner.jpg

video_ts folders nfo,s etc need to be renamed and moved to the top level folder I assume.

I have a ton of files per folder and if they are not needed any longer I would like to clean them up and off my server.

Thanks,

Dave

I would love to know the same information for Boxee. I too have a lot of "extra" files I would like cleaned up as well

thx!

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2012-12-28

(2012-12-26, 10:57)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-12-26, 10:24)kees667 Wrote: If I select 4 extrathumbs on full scrape then afterwards I still need to press a button to transfer from queue. Poster and fan art just appear without this extra step, can I automate this?

On scraping fan art ticking 4 pictures should make them extrathumbs right?

This step is not needed. This button is only for a preview of pictures before you press OK to save all files/info.
It should be noted that when using the "Offline Media Manager" you must edit after the scrape and click "Transfer extrathumbs".

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2012-12-28

Thank you Dan for fixing the trailer scraping with fix2!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2012-12-28

it's possible to use the spanish filmaffinity scrapper?...
how to use it?.
my goal is use the ember native scrapper combined with the info given by the spanish filmaffinity (only plot, outline plot and tagline).

another question: i've noticed that the movies that has nearly ALL the info correctly written in the *.nfo, i'm able to mark them and after that scrape only the marked ones searching missing items in the NFO, but ember doesn't update the actors URL thumbs ...
for example:

* i delete the .actors folder for one movie (alien) and the *.nfo file
* refresh movie and whole library (ember still show all the information correctly...how it's possible if i have deleted the nfo?
* then i try to re-scrappe, but all fails, no new nfo, no new .actors folder etc...

does EMM Support windows 2012? - hatbrox - 2012-12-30

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Media Server to windows 2012 (fresh install) and installed Ember_1.3.0.7_fix2

I disabled UAC (for now) and set the compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3 and the programme runs as administrator.

I normally use the Olympia IMDB 1.61 scrapper.

I tried to scrap (all - Ask) a few new Blu-rays I got from christmas. (I ripped them in MKV and I can see them in EMM)
the scrapper seem to just read all the movies in the library but doesn't scrap except the trailer but only for a few movies.

There is no error in the log folder.
I suspect this has to do with windows 2012 but I'm not sure.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated

EDIT: I disabled the firewall but no change :-(

RE: does EMM Support windows 2012? - &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2012-12-30

(2012-12-30, 03:25)hatbrox Wrote: Hi,

I recently upgraded my Media Server to windows 2012 (fresh install) and installed Ember_1.3.0.7_fix2

I disabled UAC (for now) and set the compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3 and the programme runs as administrator.

I normally use the Olympia IMDB 1.61 scrapper.

I tried to scrap (all - Ask) a few new Blu-rays I got from christmas. (I ripped them in MKV and I can see them in EMM)
the scrapper seem to just read all the movies in the library but doesn't scrap except the trailer but only for a few movies.

There is no error in the log folder.
I suspect this has to do with windows 2012 but I'm not sure.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated

EDIT: I disabled the firewall but no change :-(

You have to use the native scraper the XML scrapers don't work anymore, and for best results use the option "Ask" when scraping.