Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

Re: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - TRaSH - 2013-01-01

Lol
I just notice that I forgot to change MCM to ember.
Being that MCM also has the same issue.
Looking for a scraper that has the option to edit and update existing .nfo files with missing info.

Also can't figure out why the xbmc connector doesn't work.
Always errors out

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - juan71287 - 2013-01-01

(2013-01-01, 16:12)>>X<< Wrote:
(2013-01-01, 00:17)juan71287 Wrote: Hi all... 2 of my many many problems lol see if anyone can help me.

EMM is not showing the dates in the program itself. I have the option selected, and when i clear database it shows the dates as it is resettings all movies, but then they dissapier.

You mean the year in the title column?

That option has to be enable when you actually scrape the movie info, if you rescrape one of your movies then it will appear.

I see.... OK, I dont care to much about that really. But, how about why all the movies/folders dont show on EMM?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - >>X<< - 2013-01-01

(2013-01-01, 17:36)juan71287 Wrote: I see.... OK, I dont care to much about that really. But, how about why all the movies/folders dont show on EMM?

Find the missing items and identify whats different about them

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-01

Does anyone know how to setup EMM for Frodo or do we need a new version? I only plan to switch to Frodo when PseduoTV is ready love that addon.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - zerocool_ie - 2013-01-01

From the Frodo FAQ:
Quote:For folders (e.g. tvshows, movies in folders, or just folders on the filesystem)
poster.(png/jpg)
banner.(png/jpg)
fanart.(png/jpg)

Season images reside inside the tvshow folder
season[XX]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
season-all-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg}
season-specials-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

For files (episodes, movies not in folders, video files)
[moviename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
[episodename]-thumb.(png/jpg)
[filename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

Also:
Quote:Whenever possible, old Eden style naming is supported for backwards compatibility

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_v12_(Frodo)_FAQ#How_should_local_images_be_named_for_Frodo.3F

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-01

I was thinking it change to folder.jpg because when I loaded R2 didn't show any coveres etc and I had to redownload some within xbmc. I went back to 11 for now.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - >>X<< - 2013-01-02

(2013-01-01, 18:09)Randall Lind Wrote: Does anyone know how to setup EMM for Frodo or do we need a new version? I only plan to switch to Frodo when PseduoTV is ready love that addon.

I've had no problem scraping in Frodo

Each movie in its own folder (named exactly as below)

movie.nfo
fanart.jpg
movie.tbn
movie-trailer.ext

TV Show

tvshow.nfo
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
seasonXX.tbn

Episodes

filename.nfo
filename.tbn

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - clubwerks - 2013-01-02

(2013-01-02, 00:21)>>X<< Wrote:
(2013-01-01, 18:09)Randall Lind Wrote: Does anyone know how to setup EMM for Frodo or do we need a new version? I only plan to switch to Frodo when PseduoTV is ready love that addon.

movie.nfo
fanart.jpg
movie.tbn
movie-trailer.ext

TV Show

tvshow.nfo
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
seasonXX.tbn

Episodes

filename.nfo
filename.tbn

You won't for now, but you will eventually. I mean we know the correct planned naming conventions for future releases, why not get ahead of it instead of scrambling to fix it later?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-02

(2013-01-02, 00:40)clubwerks Wrote:
(2013-01-02, 00:21)>>X<< Wrote:

movie.nfo
fanart.jpg
movie.tbn
movie-trailer.ext

TV Show

tvshow.nfo
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
seasonXX.tbn

Episodes

filename.nfo
filename.tbn

You won't for now, but you will eventually. I mean we know the correct planned naming conventions for future releases, why not get ahead of it instead of scrambling to fix it later?

This is why I ask so I can fix everything before I upgrade. Thanks guys Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - upD8R - 2013-01-02

From my perspective we should drop the *.tbn support for Frodo, it's anyway just a renamed JPG.
It seems, tbn is no longer needed as seen in the FAQ.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - KILLERNADS - 2013-01-02

Hi Guys,

I just have a quick question as im not sure how the scrapers work. I know that IMDB changed its scrapers or something in the recent past and because of that Ember and other scrapers stopped working.

However, i wanted to know if this will go back to normal again and just start working automatically in the near future?!?

At the moment in Ember, its not able to scrape any movies or search for them. However, it works if i enter in the IMDB number, which it can then find the film successfully!

Obviously, i dont want to continue doing this all the time - so I'm just wondering if this is something that will be fixed by itself or something that will never go back and i have to look for an alternative solution?

thanks

There is a fix available. Look in this thread for 1.3.0.7 fix2 and IMDB will work again.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116941&pid=1276973#pid1276973

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - KILLERNADS - 2013-01-02

(2013-01-02, 12:44)upD8R Wrote: There is a fix available. Look in this thread for 1.3.0.7 fix2 and IMDB will work again.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116941&pid=1276973#pid1276973

Thanks for pointing that out. Im assuming that installing this, wont work with auto updating EMM to the latest version? In other words, am i always going to have to search on this forum for the newest versions and reinstall?

thanks again

(2013-01-02, 13:07)KILLERNADS Wrote: Thanks for pointing that out. Im assuming that installing this, wont work with auto updating EMM to the latest version? In other words, am i always going to have to search on this forum for the newest versions and reinstall?
True, as long as noone takes over the whole project. I'm glad we see some fixes from DanCooper.

BTW, reinstall means replacing the files from the archive. It always went smooth for me. So settings and DB are not lost.

(2013-01-02, 13:55)upD8R Wrote:
(2013-01-02, 13:07)KILLERNADS Wrote: Thanks for pointing that out. Im assuming that installing this, wont work with auto updating EMM to the latest version? In other words, am i always going to have to search on this forum for the newest versions and reinstall?
True, as long as noone takes over the whole project. I'm glad we see some fixes from DanCooper.

BTW, reinstall means replacing the files from the archive. It always went smooth for me. So settings and DB are not lost.

Ok thats very good to hear then, hopefully my reinstalls will be just as smooth Smile