Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-21, 23:30)upD8R Wrote:
(2013-01-21, 23:17)deh2k7 Wrote: I've seen a lot of discussion recently about Frodo, Artwork Downloader, and local fanart. I don't quite understand what the issue is, execpt that Frodo seems to have changed how it looks at fanart (not just files naming conventions) and doesn't look at local files any longer. Can someone who is a bit more familiar with the issue shed some light on this?
Not sure, if I can really explain it properly. But vanilla Frodo without Artwork Downloader ignores any local Fanart, i.e. Clearart, Logo and Disc. Everything (also graphics) is expected to be linked in the database but Frodo does not provide a native way of putting those extras in the DB. Of course, it works with the usual stuff, e.g. posters and fanart.jpg.
Artwork Downloader can also fetch local artwork if it's enabled in the settings.
Take a look here for a better explanation. Undecided
(2013-01-21, 23:26)Randall Lind Wrote: I know this sucks but the best way to install Frodo is to completely uninstall Eden and delete userdata folder and do a fresh clean install of Frodo.
I agree and this is the way how I upgraded.

Thanks for the link - it helps. So I assume the need for AD only applies to 'nonstandard' artwork, specifically landscapes, logos, clearart and discart, but standard artwork like banners, posters, fanart are scraped as normal? Do you know about season fanart? It looks like Frodo now has standards for that as well.

Regarding upgrading vs. clean, how did you deal with watched flags for your library? I believe the watched flag import/export tool is broken for Frodo...

AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - upD8R - 2013-01-21

Not sure about season fanart as I don't use it in my setup. Also not sure about banners.

I use a mySQL DB to synchronize everything. Basically I installed a fresh Frodo and switched on mySQL. So the database was upgraded. After that I deleted all sources in XBMC bit did not move them. When adding those sources again, the watched status was still there. I deleted the sources because I cleaned the artworks and adapted to the Frodo naming scheme.

Sounds confusing bit I did several tests to find the best upgrade strategy for my setup and this behaviour was reproducible Angel

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-22

(2013-01-21, 23:30)upD8R Wrote:
(2013-01-21, 23:17)deh2k7 Wrote: I've seen a lot of discussion recently about Frodo, Artwork Downloader, and local fanart. I don't quite understand what the issue is, execpt that Frodo seems to have changed how it looks at fanart (not just files naming conventions) and doesn't look at local files any longer. Can someone who is a bit more familiar with the issue shed some light on this?
Not sure, if I can really explain it properly. But vanilla Frodo without Artwork Downloader ignores any local Fanart, i.e. Clearart, Logo and Disc. Everything (also graphics) is expected to be linked in the database but Frodo does not provide a native way of putting those extras in the DB. Of course, it works with the usual stuff, e.g. posters and fanart.jpg.
Artwork Downloader can also fetch local artwork if it's enabled in the settings.
Take a look here for a better explanation. Undecided
(2013-01-21, 23:26)Randall Lind Wrote: I know this sucks but the best way to install Frodo is to completely uninstall Eden and delete userdata folder and do a fresh clean install of Frodo.
I agree and this is the way how I upgraded.

I haven't replace Eden yet but I did have Frodo in it own folder and use the -P switch to play with it. It installed pretty easy. I also did it over Eden and it was a mess. So I removed and reinstalled Eden. I am waiting for final of PseudoTV and Frodo before I replace Eden for real.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-22

Ember 1.3.0.7 Fix3:

- Actors cache fixed
- added seasonXX-poster.jpg (season-speacials-poster.jpg is automatically activated) to tv-shows (Frodo support)
- added season-all-poster.jpg

Installation:
You can overwrite the old files if you already have the version 1.3.0.7 Fix2.

Make for safety a copy of the existing version!

Please give as a feedback. I will change other things (complete Frodo & banners support) and soon publish a new version if it works.

Download links -> signature

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-22

How do you enable banner support? I see banner.jpg but it is grey out. Thanks Dan for everything downloading now.

(2013-01-22, 00:26)Randall Lind Wrote: How do you enable banner support? Thanks Dan for everything downloading now.

In selecting the images, posters and banners can be selected separately (i hope next release).

(2013-01-22, 00:37)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 00:26)Randall Lind Wrote: How do you enable banner support? Thanks Dan for everything downloading now.

In selecting the images, posters and banners can be selected separately (i hope next release).

LOL I am sorry I misread thought you added it. I am redoing the nfo files for actors pics. Smile

(2013-01-22, 00:49)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 00:37)DanCooper Wrote:

LOL I am sorry I misread thought you added it. I am redoing the nfo files for actors pics. Smile

I know, my english is great Rofl

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - >>X<< - 2013-01-22

I take it your keeping the old image types even though your adding new image types for frodo so EMM remains compatible with older versions of XBMC ?

One thing that still puzzles me is why when using Automatic (Force best Match) it fetches the wrong one, but when using Ask or (re)scrape the correct one is always listed correctly under exact match and is also at the top of all the other lists, it seems when using automatic it grabs the bottom one from the popular titles list?

Anyway thanks for your fix and keeping EMM alive Big Grin

(2013-01-22, 01:08)>>X<< Wrote: I take it your keeping the old image types even though your adding new image types for frodo so EMM remains compatible with older versions of XBMC ?

One thing that still puzzles me is why when using Automatic (Force best Match) it fetches the wrong one, but when using Ask or (re)scrape the correct one is always listed correctly under exact match and is also at the top of all the other lists, it seems when using automatic it grabs the bottom one from the popular titles list?

I notice with Ask you still get strange subtitle before some movies but, I would say that is more crappy IMDB fault.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - fma965 - 2013-01-22

(2013-01-22, 00:21)DanCooper Wrote: Ember 1.3.0.7 Fix3:

- Actors cache fixed
- added seasonXX-poster.jpg (season-speacials-poster.jpg is automatically activated) to tv-shows (Frodo support)

Installation:

Please give as a feedback. I will change other things (complete Frodo & banners support) and soon publish a new version if it works.

great progress dan, your working on ember media manager frodo support and im working on mediacompanion frodo support Smile soon we will have full frodo support for the best media center managers Smile

- Actors cache fixed

Installation:

Ember Version 1.3.0.7 Fix4:

- added <episode>-thumb.jpg to tv shows (Frodo)
- season-special-poster.jpg fixed (I forgot to attach "-poster.jpg")

Sorry for 2 release in 1h =)

Download links in my signature

(2013-01-22, 01:08)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote: I take it your keeping the old image types even though your adding new image types for frodo so EMM remains compatible with older versions of XBMC ?

Yes, all old styles remain available.

I know that problem with auto scraping. I will again try to improve the results.

(2013-01-22, 01:23)fma965 Wrote:

- Actors cache fixed

Installation:

great progress dan, your working on ember media manager frodo support and im working on mediacompanion frodo support Smile soon we will have full frodo support for the best media center managers Smile

Both are great I did try Mediacompainion a while back and I prefer EMM but, I could see myself using it if something ever happens to EMM to cause it to die.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - fma965 - 2013-01-22

(2013-01-22, 02:21)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 01:23)fma965 Wrote:

- Actors cache fixed

Installation:

Both are great I did try Mediacompainion a while back and I prefer EMM but, I could see myself using it if something ever happens to EMM to cause it to die.

yeah im not competing or complaining i'm just congratulating dan on the same thing im doing to mediacompanion Smile adding frodo support.