Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 18:21)shadrach47 Wrote: This is also what I get. I am a bit confused since the Frodo Faq said it the way Dan did it. Because of this Ember does not find my poster or fanart since the movie title is in the name. What is the proper way to do it? Should I rename the Xbmc export files to match the Faq/Dan? If I do this do I need to re cache my library? Thanks

Ember search allways and only the filename style you have select in the settings of Ember.

(2013-01-23, 14:26)humpe Wrote: Just tried fix 4.1 - Much appreciated updates and fixes, thanks!

Regarding Frodo compliance, I can confirm that for TV shows the following now works (named and placed correctly)

- Season posters seasonXX-poster.jpg
- Season all posters season-all-poster.jpg
- Season special posters season-specials-poster.jpg
- episode thumbs <episode>-thumb.jpg

Not fully implemented (AFAICT) Frodo artwork for TV shows

- Season fanart seasonXX-fanart.jpg (you can select it but it ends up in the wrong place ('Season XX' folder), with the wrong name, 'Season XX-fanart.jpg')
- Season all fanart season-all-fanart.jpg (not present)
- Season specials fanart (generated, but it ends up in the wrong place ('Season 00' folder), with the wrong name, 'Season 00-fanart.jpg')
- All banners (banner.jpg, seasonXX-banner.jpg, season-all-banner.jpg, season-specials-banner.jpg)

I want to contribute and have the tools needed, but it's unclear to me what to use as base in order not to mess things up. There's master and four pull requests, but that definitely not all that you need.

Thanks again to DanCooper, for making nice progress with EMM.

The best way to help is forking my 1.3.0.x branch on Github:
https://github.com/DanCooper/Ember-MM/tree/1.3.0.x

Feel free to make Ember better and pull all changes to my/this branch.
Please use the Github software to clone and edit my branch!

My and Bodricks master branch is extremly recoded for the 2.x release and don't work.

The seasonXX-fanart.jpg naming is untouched by me in fix 4/4.1, but i'm working on this.

In my next release (i think 1.3.0.7 fix5):
- save .actor as .jpg
- adding seasonXX-fanart.jpg

If everything works I'll adjust the Wizard and increase the version to 1.3.0.9.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - humpe - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 17:47)mardup Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 01:17)DanCooper Wrote: Correct filenaming and folder structure are:

\Movies\Avatar\Avatar.avi
\Movies\Avatar\poster.jpg
\Movies\Avatar\fanart.jpg
\Movies\Avatar\movie.nfo

Hello ... and first THANKS for your work ...

With Frodo RC3n if i export Video Library in separate files I get :

\Movies\Avatar\Avatar-poster.jpg
\Movies\Avatar\Avatar-fanart.jpg
\Movies\Avatar\Avatar.nfo

I checked RC1 and the latest nightly, 20130123, both definitely prefers <folder>/<movie>-<arttype>.ext over <folder>/<arttype>.ext, which is, as has been already stated, against http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_v12_%28Frodo%29_FAQ#How_should_local_images_be_named_for_Frodo.3F, so either the wiki is wrong or there's a bug.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - shadrach47 - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 19:32)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 18:21)shadrach47 Wrote: This is also what I get. I am a bit confused since the Frodo Faq said it the way Dan did it. Because of this Ember does not find my poster or fanart since the movie title is in the name. What is the proper way to do it? Should I rename the Xbmc export files to match the Faq/Dan? If I do this do I need to re cache my library? Thanks

Ember search allways and only the filename style you have select in the settings of Ember.

I'll check the settings again, I thought I saw a movie-fanart.jpg but, didn't see a movie-poster.jpg. I will check when I get home though. Thanks

I think it will stay that way, because only then XBMC can export data if no separate folder are used for each movie.
Maybe someone with good English even ask the question in the forum.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - snowjim - 2013-01-23

When I have updated all my banners to posters how do I make XBMC to refetch them? Do I really have to remove and add the entire library?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Samu-rai - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 01:17)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 23:32)upD8R Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 23:21)Samu-rai Wrote: What setting is everyone using for season fanart with Frodo?

I can't for the life of me get it to work. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
I haven't tried it but it should be "season01-fanart.jpg/png" located in the TV show folder, not in the season sub-folder.

Not sure, if this is now fully supported with Ember fix 4.1, I believe the file can be created but it's in the season folder, which is wrong according to Frodo naming convention.

Ember safe seasonXX-poster.jpg in the tvshow folder and that's correct. I add seasonXX-fanart.jpg in the next release.

Quote: 1.16 How should local images be named for Frodo?

Shortcut: #Local_images

See also: Thumbnails

Since Frodo now supports both posters and banners simultaneously, and for other supported images, the following naming conventions are available for local images. Whenever possible, old Eden style naming is supported for backwards compatibility.

For folders (e.g. tvshows, movies in folders, or just folders on the filesystem)

poster.(png/jpg)
banner.(png/jpg)
fanart.(png/jpg)

Season images reside inside the tvshow folder

season[XX]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
season-all-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg}
season-specials-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

For files (episodes, movies not in folders, video files)

[moviename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
[episodename]-thumb.(png/jpg)
[filename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

(2013-01-22, 23:21)Samu-rai Wrote: What setting is everyone using for season fanart with Frodo?

I can't for the life of me get it to work. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Correct filenaming and folder structure are:

\Movies\Avatar\poster.jpg
\Movies\Avatar\fanart.jpg
\Movies\Avatar\movie.nfo

\tv-shows\American Dad\Season Specials\American Dad - S00E01.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season Specials\American Dad - S00E01-thumb.jpg
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season Specials\American Dad - S00E02.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season Specials\American Dad - S00E02-thumb.jpg
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season 01\American Dad - S01E01.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season 01\American Dad - S01E01-thumb.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season 01\American Dad - S01E02.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season 01\American Dad - S01E02-thumb.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season 01\American Dad - S01E03.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season 01\American Dad - S01E03-thumb.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\tvshow.nfo
\tv-shows\American Dad\poster.jpg
\tv-shows\American Dad\banner.jpg
\tv-shows\American Dad\fanart.jpg
\tv-shows\American Dad\season-all.jpg
\tv-shows\American Dad\season01-poster.jpg
\tv-shows\American Dad\season-specials-poster.jpg

I tried all of the naming conventions listed in the FAQ but none worked. What I have managed to get to do the job (in aeon mq4 at least) is to put the season fanart in the season folder called 'fanart.jpg' and the season poster called 'folder.jpg'

With this naming all is now back to normal thankfully

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - shadrach47 - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 20:04)DanCooper Wrote: I think it will stay that way, because only then XBMC can export data if no separate folder are used for each movie.

I asked in the main thread and was told that it includes the moviename in naming to not worry if the files are in separate folders. So you are right Dan.

With that, is there any way to add moviename-poster.jpg to ember so you don't have to worry about remaning if you export from Xbmc?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2013-01-23

As far as movie naming is concerned XBMC will always export using file names whether your movies are in separate folders or not.

With each movie in a separate folder you can use

poster.(png/jpg)
banner.(png/jpg)
fanart.(png/jpg)

or

If each movie is not in a separate folder you use

So basically ember is not currently frodo compatible using the new naming if their movies are all in one directory and not in separate folders.

(2013-01-23, 21:49)shadrach47 Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 20:04)DanCooper Wrote: I think it will stay that way, because only then XBMC can export data if no separate folder are used for each movie.

I asked in the main thread and was told that it includes the moviename in naming to not worry if the files are in separate folders. So you are right Dan.

With that, is there any way to add moviename-poster.jpg to ember so you don't have to worry about remaning if you export from Xbmc?

That can not be!
I have tested all new and all work fine.
Only does the export of the database is not as described.
(2013-01-23, 21:49)shadrach47 Wrote:

In this case, I will also add <movie>-poster.jpg
(2013-01-23, 21:56)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote: As far as movie naming is concerned XBMC will always export using file names whether your movies are in separate folders or not.

With each movie in a separate folder you can use

poster.(png/jpg)
banner.(png/jpg)
fanart.(png/jpg)

or

If each movie is not in a separate folder you use

So basically ember is not currently frodo compatible using the new naming if their movies are all in one directory and not in separate folders.

I never said that Ember is completely compatible Frodo already Big Grin
I do everything step by step, otherwise I lose the overview.
Version 1.3.0.9 will be full Frodo compatible then Cool

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 21:57)DanCooper Wrote: I never said that Ember is completely compatible Frodo already Big Grin
I do everything step by step, otherwise I lose the overview.
Version 1.3.0.9 will be full Frodo compatible then Cool

Its wasn't a criticism Dan I was just trying to explain why it always exports using file name, wasn't really meant for you Smile

I think your doing a great job.

I agree, thanks Dan. I wasn't pushing for a fix fast. Wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy with not getting the art to load after exporting.

Keep up the awesome job!

RE: FanArt Scrapping Trouble - RandomCoder - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 13:33)DanCooper Wrote: For Information:

TMDB currently has server problems!
Why does it work downloading of posters and fanarts not right.

... i think Smile

Thanks for the info, I've been trying to update some of my movies tonight and having problems with the fanart scrapping. Now i know why!

Cheers,
RandomCoder

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - stsmith5150 - 2013-01-24

Mine is showing the fanart options but will not show the resolutions. When you click it it will only use the thumbnail. Any ideas

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Struikrover - 2013-01-24

Thanks DanCooper,

Haven't tried the latest version but will give it a spin. The Ember (can't remember the version) I am using now only pulls very heavily compressed thumbs for screenshots (even when you select the 1280p image). Not sure if this was ever brought up as an issue, or whether is has already been resolved?

Haven't heard from Bodrick in a while, is he still around? =)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - leepenny - 2013-01-24

If I wish to upgrade to the latest fix how do I do that (I have downloaded the latest fix but dont know exactly where to put all the files). If I have to compile it myself please could you tell me how to do this.
Currently running ember 1.3.0.7 but would like to update so I can get my actor thumbs in order.