Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-01-26

Thank you DanCooper!!!!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Finchy - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-26, 14:11)DanCooper Wrote: TMDB has change the image server.
Download the last Ember version from my signature.

Ah, great, thanks for that too! I was wondering why mine was no longer picking up TV info!

I'm having trouble with movie scraping too, which is the best movie scraper to use at the moment?

Also, is it possible to create movie sets in EMM that XBMC will be able to use?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-26

I have an acer 5315 laptop it a celeron so may that's it but if I am able to keep m hand out of saving this year I am planning on build the ultimate HTPC.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - lahonda_99 - 2013-01-26

This is ridiculous. Why do we need to get new version from some guy's signature? The 'new home' for Ember hasn't been updated in one year. The github files are being updated, but can't be built. Why do I, as an average user, have to search so hard for the the most recent build?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - G elly N - 2013-01-26

i have installed "Ember 1.3.0.7 Fix 4.2" and im still getting small actor pics, can somebody please explain to me how to get them back to normal size if possible
thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Riot504 - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-26, 20:30)lahonda_99 Wrote: This is ridiculous. Why do we need to get new version from some guy's signature? The 'new home' for Ember hasn't been updated in one year. The github files are being updated, but can't be built. Why do I, as an average user, have to search so hard for the the most recent build?

bodrick has been busy with RL issues.

DanCooper has been nice enough to start maintaining it fairly recently. He also can't edit bodrick's first post being that he is not bodrick which is why the links are in his sig.
It's not exactly hard doing a search for DanCooper. You could always try maintaining it yourself if you think that would be easier.

You as an average user can be thankful someone decided take up maintaining Ember.
It's free software and is done by someone in their free time so relax and give it time to get sorted out.

It's bitching and a false sense of entitlement like this that makes people quit working on stuff.
Then we all have to suffer with old broken versions which is a lot worse.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-26, 21:14)Riot504 Wrote:
(2013-01-26, 20:30)lahonda_99 Wrote: This is ridiculous. Why do we need to get new version from some guy's signature? The 'new home' for Ember hasn't been updated in one year. The github files are being updated, but can't be built. Why do I, as an average user, have to search so hard for the the most recent build?

bodrick has been busy with RL issues.

DanCooper has been nice enough to start maintaining it fairly recently. He also can't edit bodrick's first post being that he is not bodrick which is why the links are in his sig.
It's not exactly hard doing a search for DanCooper. You could always try maintaining it yourself if you think that would be easier.

You as an average user can be thankful someone decided take up maintaining Ember.
It's free software and is done by someone in their free time so relax and give it time to get sorted out.

It's bitching and a false sense of entitlement like this that makes people quit working on stuff.
Then we all have to suffer with old broken versions which is a lot worse.

Thank you for this statement Blush
(2013-01-26, 19:58)Finchy Wrote:
(2013-01-26, 14:11)DanCooper Wrote: TMDB has change the image server.
Download the last Ember version from my signature.

Ah, great, thanks for that too! I was wondering why mine was no longer picking up TV info!

I'm having trouble with movie scraping too, which is the best movie scraper to use at the moment?

Also, is it possible to create movie sets in EMM that XBMC will be able to use?

- You can only use the native scraper for movies. The XML scraper is broken.
- Use the set manager in the tools menu

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - PogMoThoin - 2013-01-26

Ok, I've encountered a problem where Ember doesn't give me the option of selecting the fanart quality (it used have the option at the bottom of the window), it now always selects the lowest quality. I've tried to force it to large in the settings but it's not making a difference. Anyone have any idea?

Failing that, If I were to reinstall and wanted to keep my settings what files do I need to keep?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Finchy - 2013-01-26

- You can only use the native scraper for movies. The XML scraper is broken.
- Use the set manager in the tools menu
[/quote]

Ah, great, that's working, thanks!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-26, 21:31)PogMoThoin Wrote: Ok, I've encountered a problem where Ember doesn't give me the option of selecting the fanart quality (it used have the option at the bottom of the window), it now always selects the lowest quality. I've tried to force it to large in the settings but it's not making a difference. Anyone have any idea?

Failing that, If I were to reinstall and wanted to keep my settings what files do I need to keep?

You need Ember v.1.3.0.7 fix 4.2 (check my signature).

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - PogMoThoin - 2013-01-26

Thanks, downloading.

Now my next question relates to my post here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153308
Is there a way to fix this using Ember, is it possible to set Ember to name the NFO as CD2 so Frodo can identify it and get the thumbnail, poster etc.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ShadowTek - 2013-01-26

Wow, I can't believe you actually posted this about Dan who is doing everyone a huge service, whats wrong with you.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-26

I am tired of musical server dance LOL Thanks Dan for everything.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-26, 22:16)ShadowTek Wrote:

Wow, I can't believe you actually posted this about Dan who is doing everyone a huge service, whats wrong with you.

lahonda_99,
are you proposing yourself as new manager of the repository? That could be an idea.

If you are smart enough to work on a complex project as EMM for sure you'll be able to find all the files to have it run once compiled or you can check the different forks on GitHub and get the most complete.

Last but nor least ranting never helps anyone Smile (as already said!)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - GreenOnyx - 2013-01-27

I submitted a pull request to start utilizing a setting that's not exposed named VideoTSParent. Is anyone using this setting? I'm curious as to it's history. So far it seems safe to expand on it.

If accepted, the VideoTSParent setting in Settings.xml can be set to true and then the user's specification of fanart.jpg as opposed to <movie>-fanart.jpg will be utilized and saved to the parent folder of the BDMV or VIDEO_TS folder. i.e. C:\Movies\Avatar\ for a C:\Movies\Avatar\BDMV\ structure.

Until this change I could use the VideoTSParent setting, but it would always save <movie>-fanart.jpg in my movie's main folder which, despite my interpretation of the frodo naming conventions, doesn't seem to be utilized by the latest xbmc. This would occur even if I had fanart.jpg selected in settings.

Thoughts/concerns welcome. Thought I'd bring it up in case someone else wasn't watching the commits and pull requests, or had any input.