Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

- Sureguy - 2012-01-04

On Windows XP 32 bit it's still crashing on launch with the following error:

The type initializer for 'EmberAPI.Master' threw an exception.

- snowjim - 2012-01-04

I need some help on how to set Ember up for XBMC. This is what Ember is saving in my folder so far

extrathumbs [folder]
-thumb1.jpg
-thumb2.jpg
-thumb3.jpg
fanart.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.jpg

Is this correct? Will it work with XBMC? Why is the extra backdrops called thumb1, thumb2...?

- bodrick - 2012-01-04

Sureguy Wrote:On Windows XP 32 bit it's still crashing on launch with the following error:

The type initializer for 'EmberAPI.Master' threw an exception.

I'm speculating its something to do with the fact its XP, do you have .Net Framework 3.5 or greater. Is this a clean install?

I just verified it works under Windows 7 32bit.

- Sureguy - 2012-01-04

bodrick Wrote:I'm speculating its something to do with the fact its XP, do you have .Net Framework 3.5 or greater. Is this a clean install?

I just verified it works under Windows 7 32bit.

Nope - unfortunately it's a locked down computer. I'll check on a different XP install when I get home, and ensure it's got .Net 3.5, and report back.

Thanks for the quick reply and your hard work bodrick.

- TeKo - 2012-01-04

snowjim Wrote:I need some help on how to set Ember up for XBMC. This is what Ember is saving in my folder so far

extrathumbs [folder]
-thumb1.jpg
-thumb2.jpg
-thumb3.jpg
fanart.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.jpg

Is this correct? Will it work with XBMC? Why is the extra backdrops called thumb1, thumb2...?

Do you have your movies in separate folders?

For me it looks like:

Movies/MovieTitle/
-Title.avi
-Title.nfo
-Title.tbn
-Title-fanart.jpg

- snowjim - 2012-01-04

TeKo Wrote:Do you have your movies in separate folders?

For me it looks like:

Movies/MovieTitle/
-Title.avi
-Title.nfo
-Title.tbn
-Title-fanart.jpg

Yes I do have movies in separate folderes and most of the movies is in rar archives.

So how should I set up Ember to be work with XBMC?

In Ember settings I have set :

Poster : folder.jpg (should explain to XBMC that it is a thumb for the folder(and the content)
Fanart : fanart.jpg (Should explain to XBMC that this img represent the content of the folder)
Backdrops Folder : extrathumbs (dont really know how this is used by XBMC and do not understand why its called thumb1, thumb2 when its backdrops/fanart)
NFO : movie.nfo (I have rar archives so there is no mkv och avi file to map against and this is why I think that movie.nfo is the best way to go)

Is this correct accordingt to XBMC?

- tcman47 - 2012-01-04

snowjim Wrote:Yes I do have movies in separate folderes and most of the movies is in rar archives.

So how should I set up Ember to be work with XBMC?

In Ember settings I have set :

Poster : folder.jpg (should explain to XBMC that it is a thumb for the folder(and the content)
Fanart : fanart.jpg (Should explain to XBMC that this img represent the content of the folder)
Backdrops Folder : extrathumbs (dont really know how this is used by XBMC and do not understand why its called thumb1, thumb2 when its backdrops/fanart)
NFO : movie.nfo (I have rar archives so there is no mkv och avi file to map against and this is why I think that movie.nfo is the best way to go)

Is this correct accordingt to XBMC?

extrathumbs folder with thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg, etc in it is for certain skins that can use the thumbs in certain views, not all skins can use these.

- logictester - 2012-01-05

after updating to 1.3.0.2, when i try to manually extract frames for tv episode, it shows me one of the movies in my library instead of the episode i'm scraping, any ideas?

- sergiocos - 2012-01-05

confirmed, same here, when trying to extract frame from an episode, it loads the latest movie added.

- johnny87au - 2012-01-05

gmk2 Wrote:Ember can scrape in bulk (auto) for movies fine however you will have the usual accuracy issues if your file naming conventions are poor. Scraping in bulk also means that ember picks the poster and fanart for you. I prefer scraping one at a time to make sure I am happy with all the meta data and can pick my posters and fix any missing details (eg missing plots from IMDB). I expect most people using ember use it for all their movies as a precursor to xbmc scanning the nfo generated by ember.

How do i SCRAPE in bulk ? I generally right click on the movie and click SCRAPE movie, just wish i knew how to scrape all the movies as doing it invidividually is time consuming as i have over 2000 blu rays...

- johnny87au - 2012-01-05

Also i thought it doesnt matter when u have ur THUMBS and fartart PICS as once you add your SOURCE destination of movies it scrapes all the info in that particular movie folder.. For instance if we have Iron man 2, it'd scrape all the info within that IRON man 2 folder..

- snowjim - 2012-01-05

I have now used Ember on my entire library and this is how the settings looks like:

And this is the genereated files :

folder.jpg
fanart.jpg
movie.info

Sometimes a extrathumbs folder is created. I can see in Ember that all movies got poster and backdrop.

When adding this share to XBMC I use the following settings :

Share settings
Run automated scan YES
Scan recursively YES
Exchange path from library updates NO
Use Folder names for Lookup YES

Scraper settings
Enable Fanart YES
Enable Trailer YES
Prefer Trailer from HD... NO
Preferred language en
Get ratings from IMDB NO

Then XBMC updates the share I can see that it make downloads and again the tumbs is not the once from my share!?

If I switch Use Folder names for Lookup to No then it will take some of the thumbs from my shares (higher resulotion) but alot of movies do not get any thumb at all even when I can see in ember that all movies have poster and backdrop!?

I have checked XBMC WIKI go suport the formation of files (folder.jpg, fanart.jpg and movie.info) so what is the problem?

Pleas note that every movie is contained in a folder with the same name as the movie and in most cases the content of the folder is rar archives.

Edit1: When running with Use Folder names for Lookup set to NO it takes alot longer for XBMC to refresh the database, maby it is downloading thumbs even in this mode but in that case bigger thumbs.

If I enter my share when not in library mode all thumbs is loaded fast from my share and it looks like it should but as soon as I let XBMC update its database and switch to library view there is problems?

Outstanding Work! - Slagothor - 2012-01-05

Wow, Wow, Wow! I'm very impressed. I've been using Media Companion and I am used to dealing with its various glitches but after reading the forums I "re-read" up on Ember MM-R. Downloaded it and tried it, and I was blown away. I'm currently running 1.3.0.2 and I'm still testing, but so far it has been exceptional. I definitely plan on donating as soon as possible. I wish you a speedy recovery and thank you for such a great piece of software.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

- upD8R - 2012-01-05

logictester Wrote:after updating to 1.3.0.2, when i try to manually extract frames for tv episode, it shows me one of the movies in my library instead of the episode i'm scraping, any ideas?

Confirmed!

- bodrick - 2012-01-05

upD8R Wrote:Confirmed!

Minor bug that caused this, I've uploaded a new version to the project site, the version is the same, just a newer file with this fixed. Sorry about that, one problem with copying and pasting code from one section to another. Big Grin