Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - >>X<< - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-27, 23:33)AnalogKid Wrote: It would be nice if Ember were updated to support the new / recommended Frodo artwork file schema:

<movie>-poster.jpg
<movie>-fanart.jpg
<movie>-banner.jpg

<tvshow>-poster.jpg
<tvshow>-fanart.jpg
<tvshow>-banner.jpg
<episode>-thumb.jpg

and so forth.

Also, it shouldn't be forgotten that media can now support multiple types of artwork (eg Poster AND Banner) simulataneously,

The 'tbn' extension should be deprecated really, and it's not really recommended for the way forward (even though it is still supported for the moment).

You should export your library because your list is wrong and its already been updated to support a number of frodo images already.

Movies

filename.nfo (supported)
filename-fanart.jpg (supported)
filename-poster.jpg

movie.nfo (supported)
fanart.jpg (supported)
poster.jpg (supported)

TV Shows

tvshow.nfo (supported)
fanart.jpg (supported)
banner.jpg
poster.jpg (supported)
seasonXX-poster.jpg (supported)
seasonXX-banner.jpg
season-all-poster.jpg (supported)
season-specials-poster.jpg

Episodes

filename.nfo (supported)
filename-thumb.jpg (supported)

(2013-01-28, 00:23)PogMoThoin Wrote:
(2013-01-27, 21:43)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote: @PogMoThoin

The only thing I see that's different from me is you don't have "Use Folder Name" and "Single Video" selected on your movie source, that could well be the problem.

I would enable those restart ember and try again.

Ok, this is a bigger job than you think. I have nearly 900 movies. My movies have always been in big folders, so I've an .nfo named <movie>.nfo and artwork named <movie>.tbn (poster) and <movie>-fanart.jpg (fanart). I have since used Ember to move all these to separate <movie> folders with this .nfo and artwork moved by Ember to the folders.

How do i use Ember to rename <movie>.nfo to movie.nfo, <movie>.tbn to poster.jpg and <movie>-fanart.jpg to fanart.jpg? I do not have the time to go through 900 movies as I've got the best artwork collected already. Failing that, I'm going to see if i can figure to do this through command line, any help would be great.

You would have to (re)scrape, you can also use Clean Files in ember to delete the old images at the same time. I personally would not use this method.

The best option is to use "Flexible Renamer" and your be done in a few clicks, once done reload all your movies in ember with the new types selected.

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA014830/english/FlexRena/

If you cant work out how to do it in Flexible Renamer just ask I'll tell you how.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Pr.Sinister - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 00:23)PogMoThoin Wrote: How do i use Ember to rename <movie>.nfo to movie.nfo, <movie>.tbn to poster.jpg and <movie>-fanart.jpg to fanart.jpg? I do not have the time to go through 900 movies as I've got the best artwork collected already. Failing that, I'm going to see if i can figure to do this through command line, any help would be great.

Create a file called fixmovies.cmd and save in somewhere in your path or in the folder you wish to process

fixmovies.cmd:
Code:
@Echo off
for /R %%l in (*.nfo) do (
cd %%~dpl
rename "%%~nl-fanart.jpg" "fanart.jpg"
rename "%%~nl.tbn" "poster.jpg"
rename "%%~nl.nfo" "movie.nfo"
cd ..
)

Open the command prompt and navigate to the folder with your movies subfolders. For example if your path is like:

D:\Share3\My Stuff\My Movies\Avatar (2009)
D:\Share3\My Stuff\My Movies\Pulp Fiction (1994)

Then run the script from D:\Share3\My Stuff\My Movies

You will get warnings about some files that are not found it's because it will think there are 2 nfos per folder because of the rename

That's it!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - spon - 2013-01-28

Please excuse the bump, but there's been quite a lot of activity since I posted and I'm still having the issue. Thanks!

(2013-01-27, 01:41)spon Wrote: Is anyone else having issues with the TV module? It's scraping fine, but it's not importing all of my files. I have several shows where all episodes were already imported into Ember, but when I rescraped the show, it will no longer recognize several of the episodes and/or seasons. The naming convention is the same for all episodes/files (Showname - SXXEXX - EpisodeTitle). I've tried to remove the show from the database and re-import, removed the nfo files and reimport, and completely remove all TV sources, re-add the sources and re-import, but none of them have worked.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 00:35)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote:
(2013-01-27, 23:33)AnalogKid Wrote: It would be nice if Ember were updated to support the new / recommended Frodo artwork file schema:

<movie>-poster.jpg
<movie>-fanart.jpg
<movie>-banner.jpg

<tvshow>-poster.jpg
<tvshow>-fanart.jpg
<tvshow>-banner.jpg
<episode>-thumb.jpg

and so forth.

Also, it shouldn't be forgotten that media can now support multiple types of artwork (eg Poster AND Banner) simulataneously,

The 'tbn' extension should be deprecated really, and it's not really recommended for the way forward (even though it is still supported for the moment).

You should export your library because your list is wrong and its already been updated to support a number of frodo images already.

Movies

filename.nfo (supported)
filename-fanart.jpg (supported)
filename-poster.jpg

movie.nfo (supported)
fanart.jpg (supported)
poster.jpg (supported)

TV Shows

tvshow.nfo (supported)
fanart.jpg (supported)
banner.jpg
poster.jpg (supported)
seasonXX-poster.jpg (supported)
seasonXX-banner.jpg
season-all-poster.jpg (supported)

Episodes

filename.nfo (supported)
filename-thumb.jpg (supported)

The best settings for Frodo are:

Movies:
<movie>-poster.jpg (the XBMC Frodo FAQ says "poster.jpg", but this setting is better because this is the standard to which the XBMC database exported (separate files).
<movie>-fanart.jpg
<movie>.nfo

TV Shows:
tvshow.nfo (standard, no (other) option in Ember)
fanart.jpg
poster.jpg
banner.jpg (not supportet atm)
seasonXX-poster.jpg
seasonXX-banner.jpg (not supportet atm)
seasonXX-fanart.jpg
season-all-poster.jpg
season-all-fanart.jpg
season-specials-fanart.jpg (little buggy atm)

Episodes:
<episode>.nfo
<episode>-thumb.nfo

Actors cache:
<firstname_name>.jpg (i have change from .tbn to .jpg, no option in settings atm)

I have made 2 XBMC Frodo buttons in the settings. This buttons check automatically all settings for Frodo.

Note to season-specials-fanart.jpg:
At the moment can not yet fanart set correctly. There is a fanart before updating the database, the file will be recognized. When scraping the image can be selected, but is not stored. I try to fix as soon as possible.

Anyway I am publishing a new version of Ember, so you can scrape the movies with <movie>-poster.jpg.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - PogMoThoin - 2013-01-28

Right, for anyone that needs it. I tried a few remaner tools and found an amazing simple one that worked very easily without me having to trawl through pages of instructions. http://www.advancedrenamer.com/download

Anyone know what's the file naming convention for TV Shows?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - AnalogKid - 2013-01-28

In what way is exporting going to help?
Which elements of my list are wrong?

Please note, in Ember 1.3.0.7 fix4.2 the opening configuration dialogs for filenaming offer a smaller subset of the actual filenaming options inside the app.
Also, in the opening config dialogs it states that <season>-fanart should reside inside the season folder, but it does not state this in the application config. According for the Frodo Wiki, the <season>-fanart should reside in the show folder, not the season folder.

I'll reiterate though, that whilst the number of available filenaming options is great - the defaults aren't in line with Frodo (might be an idea to help promote Frodo conventions?) plus, not all the Frodo conventions are supported:

<movie>-poster.jpg/png (not supported)
<movie>-banner.jpg.png (not supported, but a rare use case)

<show>-poster.jpg/png (not supported)
<show>-banner.jpg/png (not supported)

<season>-fanart.jpg/png (conflicting UI between show folder or season folder deployment)
<season>-banner.jpg/png (not supported)

Is any of the above incorrect?

At present, I have no problem with my system setup, I use some scripting to batch rename to Frodo standards, but sadly, as Ember cannot (yet) detect the above standards, I've had to shelve it for the moment.

On a side note, I absolutely think it would be helpful of forum members tried to steer new users to at least adopting the Frodo naming conventions rather than perpetuating the use of 'tbn' etc.

Finally, the <movie> / <show> prefix convention is probably the safest default option since it will work for flat and folder based media alike.

New Ember version 1.3.0.9:

- added <movie>-poster.jpg
- added seasonXX-fanart.jpg
- added season-speacial-fanart.jpg (not work correctly, only recognizing of existings files while to DB update)
- change actors thumbs for *.tbn to *.jpg (no option in settings atm)
- fixed VideoTSParent nfo/jpg handling (thx to GreenOnyx)

Download links in my signature.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - AnalogKid - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 01:33)DanCooper Wrote: New Ember version 1.3.0.9:

- added season-speacial-fanart.jpg (not work correctly, only recognizing of existings files while to DB update)

You sir, are a minor miracle worker!

Many thanks indeed!
(2013-01-28, 01:33)DanCooper Wrote: New Ember version 1.3.0.9:

Don't shoot me for this suggestion, but....

Maybe (just a maybe) it might be smarter to remove all the options for different filenaming conventions, and just allow the user to specify the filename themselves (with very basic parsing for <movie> <show> <season> variables) ?
At least that way, there's just one option for poster, fanart, banner etc?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - schimi2k - 2013-01-28

Vielen Dank dass du so schnelle und SUPER Arbeit leistest !!!
bis jetzt habe ich keinerlei Probleme Wink - und jetzt Dank Frodo support wieder meine Nr.1 nachdem ich mit dem Elch doch mehrere Probleme hatte Sad

THX for your great work Wink

(2013-01-28, 01:31)AnalogKid Wrote: In what way is exporting going to help?
Which elements of my list are wrong?

Please note, in Ember 1.3.0.7 fix4.2 the opening configuration dialogs for filenaming offer a smaller subset of the actual filenaming options inside the app.
Also, in the opening config dialogs it states that <season>-fanart should reside inside the season folder, but it does not state this in the application config. According for the Frodo Wiki, the <season>-fanart should reside in the show folder, not the season folder.

I'll reiterate though, that whilst the number of available filenaming options is great - the defaults aren't in line with Frodo (might be an idea to help promote Frodo conventions?) plus, not all the Frodo conventions are supported:

<movie>-poster.jpg/png (not supported)
<movie>-banner.jpg.png (not supported, but a rare use case)

<show>-poster.jpg/png (not supported)
<show>-banner.jpg/png (not supported)

<season>-fanart.jpg/png (conflicting UI between show folder or season folder deployment)
<season>-banner.jpg/png (not supported)

Is any of the above incorrect?

At present, I have no problem with my system setup, I use some scripting to batch rename to Frodo standards, but sadly, as Ember cannot (yet) detect the above standards, I've had to shelve it for the moment.

On a side note, I absolutely think it would be helpful of forum members tried to steer new users to at least adopting the Frodo naming conventions rather than perpetuating the use of 'tbn' etc.

Finally, the <movie> / <show> prefix convention is probably the safest default option since it will work for flat and folder based media alike.

No, <show>-poster.jpg, <show>-banner.jpg, <season>-poster.jpg/-fanart.jpg/-banner.jpg isn't correct. The best way is use exactly the same filenaming like database export in Frodo:
for shows:
poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, seasonXX-poster.jpg/-fanart.jpg/-banner.jpg

Banners are generally not supported in Ember (atm).

Since version 1.3.0.9 Ember support all Frodo filenaming (with the exception of banners). The problem is that in the install wizard, not all file names can be selected. These must then be adjusted in the settings. I will customize the installation wizard as soon as possible.

If you have selected seasonXX-poster.jpg/-fanart.jpg, all images are stored in the tv show folder, not in the season folder.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - G elly N - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-27, 06:55)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-01-26, 20:45)G elly N Wrote: i have installed "Ember 1.3.0.7 Fix 4.2" and im still getting small actor pics, can somebody please explain to me how to get them back to normal size if possible
thanks

Try deleting the actors folder for the movie and then scraping again.

i did it with a fresh film that had not been scraped and still getting small actor pics and know im only getting the option for small covers too but i work around that doing it manually but actors i dont really want to have to do manually

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-28

Dan you are da man!! I love the Frodo buttons this will end a lot of problems re-guarding what to select etc. Smile I think a lot of people are confuse about what setting to pick.

(2013-01-28, 01:40)AnalogKid Wrote: Don't shoot me for this suggestion, but....

Maybe (just a maybe) it might be smarter to remove all the options for different filenaming conventions, and just allow the user to specify the filename themselves (with very basic parsing for <movie> <show> <season> variables) ?
At least that way, there's just one option for poster, fanart, banner etc?

Ember is not only used for XBMC but also for other media center. Therefore there must also be other options.
I created buttons to select all of the options automatically. This makes it easier to select the correct setting for XBMC. It will soon come in the Wizard.

(2013-01-28, 02:11)G elly N Wrote: i did it with a fresh film that had not been scraped and still getting small actor pics and know im only getting the option for small covers too but i work around that doing it manually but actors i dont really want to have to do manually

The Actor images are max. 400x275px. Is that too small for you?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-28

I am going to redo all my movies right now Not too sure about TV Shows going to hold out until banner.jpg is complete. Dan you are doing an awesome job Smile

AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-28

Banner.jpg is a big project for me. I don't know how many time I need to do this Rolleyes