Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Hyram - 2013-01-29

When doing "Scrape -> Ask (Require Input If No Exact Match)" how can I disable 'Popular Titles'?

This is really starting to piss me off AngryAngryAngry

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 10:18)Hyram Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 03:09)AnalogKid Wrote: If I have the following stacking setup:

Star Wars
|__ Star Wars.cd1.avi
|__ Star Wars.cd2.avi
etc

Any time I encounter a movie that's more than one part, I join them into a single file, which is a 20 second job in VirtualDub:
- launch VirtualDub and in the Video menu, set it to 'Direct stream copy'
- open the first part of the multipart video
- drag the location slider to the end, then use 'Append video' from the file menu to add the next part onto the end of the first.
- repeat the last step if there are more than two parts
- choose 'Save as AVI' and save your joined video with its proper name (in the above example, 'Star Wars.avi')
- quit VirtualDub, throw away the old parts.

Any time VirtualDub complains about VBR encoding or mismatched rates, I just class it as a "YARRR!!" (Yet Another Retarded Ripper Reject) and delete the whole folder :p

I do the same and i think the same about VBR Big Grin
(2013-01-29, 10:29)Hyram Wrote: When doing "Scrape -> Ask (Require Input If No Exact Match)" how can I disable 'Popular Titles'?

This is really starting to piss me off AngryAngryAngry

I try to solve this problem in short time.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Tomkun - 2013-01-29

Most of the time recently when I try and scrape movies, the first result in either automatic or manual mode is usually a review show or documentary about the movie instead of the movie itself.

Is that a known bug, or do I have something set up wrong? Is it the same as the 'Popular Titles' issue the Hyram is having?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Tomkun - 2013-01-29

Also, if I already have fanart.jpg files, is it possible to rename them to <movie>-fanart.jpg without having to redownload them all?

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 11:40)Tomkun Wrote: Also, if I already have fanart.jpg files, is it possible to rename them to <movie>-fanart.jpg without having to redownload them all?

The best way is to use the bulk rename utility (standalone, not the Ember inbuilt). If you have proper folder names (exactly the same name like movie name) you can set bulk renamer change "fanart.jpg" to <foldername>-fanart.jpg. You can do the same with poster.jpg

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - AnalogKid - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 10:18)Hyram Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 03:09)AnalogKid Wrote: If I have the following stacking setup:

Star Wars
|__ Star Wars.cd1.avi
|__ Star Wars.cd2.avi
etc

Any time I encounter a movie that's more than one part, I join them into a single file, which is a 20 second job in VirtualDub:
- launch VirtualDub and in the Video menu, set it to 'Direct stream copy'
- open the first part of the multipart video
- drag the location slider to the end, then use 'Append video' from the file menu to add the next part onto the end of the first.
- repeat the last step if there are more than two parts
- choose 'Save as AVI' and save your joined video with its proper name (in the above example, 'Star Wars.avi')
- quit VirtualDub, throw away the old parts.

Any time VirtualDub complains about VBR encoding or mismatched rates, I just class it as a "YARRR!!" (Yet Another Retarded Ripper Reject) and delete the whole folder :p

Sadly, the above was an example only. Some of the multi disc rips are ISOs - which then ends up having to either ripping to a container format (but losing menus) or just resolving the stacking issue.
Ironically, they ended up being ISO due to the video_ts folder problems described a few posts back!
I'm a neat freak, so can't stand having to stack files, but there's just a handful of movies in my collection where this issue remains. Problem solved now though. Still seems weird that the metadata files take the first member of the stack (cd1) as the base name, rather than the stack token being transparent, but ho hum!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - K1LL3M - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-27, 15:07)DanCooper Wrote: Simply set the options as well as the files are stored:

poster.jpg -> set poster.jpg

Thanks for the info Dan but Istill don't quite understand. All those check boxes are marked as I would expecte. I have tried again to work it out but no luck.

Could it maybe be that emm is looking in the <movie>/BDMV/Stream for the info?

How do I change the location of where the <movie>.nfo <movie>.jpg and <movie>.fanart.jpg is saved? I previously had emm setup to save in the name folder but I can remember how I did it (the reinstall is saving in the stream folder.

BTW I use the YAMJ settings in emm

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 12:57)K1LL3M Wrote:
(2013-01-27, 15:07)DanCooper Wrote: Simply set the options as well as the files are stored:

Thanks for the info Dan but Istill don't quite understand. All those check boxes are marked as I would expecte. I have tried again to work it out but no luck.

How do I change the location of where the <movie>.nfo <movie>.jpg and <movie>.fanart.jpg is saved? I previously had emm setup to save in the name folder but I can remember how I did it (the reinstall is saving in the stream folder.

Please post a screenshot of your folder.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - K1LL3M - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 13:08)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 12:57)K1LL3M Wrote:

Please post a screenshot of your folder.

These folder as in where the movies stored

AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-29

Thx, i will check this today.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - K1LL3M - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 13:39)DanCooper Wrote: Thx, i will check this today.

Tx Dan

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - juan71287 - 2013-01-29

Hey all. I had a question. I been reading a lot about .tbn and .jpg files downloading..... I know in EMM there is an option to download movie fan-art or movie posters in .tbn and .jpg. I want to know, should I just delete all my .tbn files, remove the option in EMM of downloading .tbn file and change the options to just downloading .jpg files so that everything works fine?

I ask because I am a bit lost in all these new talks of things to work with Frodo. And yes, I want my media folder to work with XBMC, even though I don't understand it to well, and can barely get a movie streaming on it because there is always a problem, specially with the audio that never works, but I have read a lot that it is the best and I want to be able to have it set up so I can stream my movies and stuff through here.

Thanks.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - GreenOnyx - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 10:08)humpe Wrote: I opened a ticket (14010) related to the information in the wiki vs the files exported. I'm about to continue that ticket after testing some more structures/file layouts.

I agree with DanCooper that the default EMM settings for Frodo should result in identical output as what XBMC exports.

Didn't see Dan's note on matching the export, if that's what the button is doing now then that's more than enough reason to leave it. Thanks for bringing that up. With the changes I made and he accepted the users that want to can shift to whatever name they want in the parent folder, so that keeps it flexible.

Thanks for the tip on your ticket, I'll definitely keep an eye on that. I hope they work on the export a bit and fix the -fanart/poster in the parent directory. I was very dissappointed when I saw it was exporting deep in the disc folder structure.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-29

EMM Frodo settings worked great!! Everything was seen from the folders on my 4 hard drive and a folder on my main drive. Smile Thanks again Dan for all your hard work.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mauzzz - 2013-01-29

Great to see that EMM is maintained. Kudos to DanCooper.

I have some difficulty to digest from this thread what's working with Frodo and what not yet. Using EMM 1.3.0.9 and Frodo RC3. I've set the Frodo presets in EMM (great to have presets!). I have deleted (recursively) all .jpg and .tbn files in my TV Shows source and let EMM rescrape.

In TV Shows the poster.jpg is a banner. Unfortunately that banner does not show up in Aeon Nox wall view. Frodo displays some banner which is an image with show title as a overlay (very basic looking). No idea were that comes from.
[EDIT] I've recursively copied all poster.jpg to banner.jpg. That works! [/EDIT]

The seasonXX-poster.jpg are scraped but in episodes view the season poster is not shown, instead I see poster.jpg (the banner) squeezed to portrait dimensions. It shows up identically in all seasons.

Is this to be expected at this moment or am I doing something wrong?