Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Hyram - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 11:26)Tomkun Wrote: Most of the time recently when I try and scrape movies, the first result in either automatic or manual mode is usually a review show or documentary about the movie instead of the movie itself.

This is exactly the reason why that 'Popular Titles' thing has got to go -- it'll do it even if there's exact matches found -- and why I cannot trust EMM to do it automatically. U've put any further work on hold until this particular curse is rectified.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - wonslung - 2013-01-29

It would be nice if you'd add thexem.de as an alternative to thetvdb. Most of us download tv shows from scene sources and thetvdb has errors. TheXem fixes these errors (see thexem scraper in xbmc)

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - GreenOnyx - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 13:39)DanCooper Wrote: Thx, i will check this today.

Dan/K1LL3M: The storing the files in the movie parent directory folder for BDMV structure is the scenario I've been talking about. The only thing that works great for me and keeps the files out of the STREAM and other folders is below. I don't think this matches XBMC's export or the wiki, a bug in my opinion, but it's what I've found to work best when having DVD/BD folder structures in a collection.

1. Set <VideoTSParent>true</VideoTSParent> in EMM's Settings.xml
2. Choose movie.nfo in your EMM settings (I believe <movie>.nfo works also)
3. Choose fanart.jpg and poster.jpg in your EMM settings. From my testing <movie>-fanart.jpg and <movie>.fanart.jpg are NOT detected by XBMC for disc based structures, or at least BDMV.

Unless you want the files in the lower disc directories that setting in #1 is the only option. I/we need to expose this option in settings and then users either need to understand they need to set this if they have disc based structures and want the files in the parent directory, or we need to analyze what frodo defaults we want.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 19:28)mauzzz Wrote: Great to see that EMM is maintained. Kudos to DanCooper.

I have some difficulty to digest from this thread what's working with Frodo and what not yet. Using EMM 1.3.0.9 and Frodo RC3. I've set the Frodo presets in EMM (great to have presets!). I have deleted (recursively) all .jpg and .tbn files in my TV Shows source and let EMM rescrape.

In TV Shows the poster.jpg is a banner. Unfortunately that banner does not show up in Aeon Nox wall view. Frodo displays some banner which is an image with show title as a overlay (very basic looking). No idea were that comes from.
[EDIT] I've recursively copied all poster.jpg to banner.jpg. That works! [/EDIT]

The seasonXX-poster.jpg are scraped but in episodes view the season poster is not shown, instead I see poster.jpg (the banner) squeezed to portrait dimensions. It shows up identically in all seasons.

Is this to be expected at this moment or am I doing something wrong?

Hi Mauzz - do you currently have all of this particular source already scanned into XBMC? Deleting the images and updating with EMM doesn't automatically update them as far as XBMC is concerned. You have a couple different ways you can force XBMC to update. The easiest is CHANGE (not delete) your TV source in XBMC. You set the content type to none, and allow XBMC to update the source. You then EDIT the source again and reset it back to TV content. XBMC will rescan and should update the images and nfos. This does preserve your watched status.

Another way (I believe the XBMC team will say that it's not recommended) is to delete your thumbnails cache, and XBMC will rebuild it all as well, without needing to rescan. The cahce is here if you are a windows user: C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - spon - 2013-01-29

Hi everyone. I am a long time Ember user (about 5 years now) and am running into some problems with the TV module that I cannot seem to figure out. I have several TV shows where Ember is not pulling certain episodes into the database. For example, I have all episodes of Ultimate Spiderman season 1 listed in the same folder with the same naming convention (<Showtitle> - S0xExx - <EpisodeTitle>), but for some reason Episodes 7-18 are not being pulled into the Ember database. I have a similar problem with a few different TV shows.

So far I have tried to following to solve the issue:

1) remove show from database and re-import
2) delete all nfo files (all episodes had been successfully imported into a previous version of ember), jpgs, etc from the shows folder, remove show from database and re-import
3) completely remove the associated harddrive as a Source in the main setup, save, re-add as a source and re-import
4) install a fresh version of ember from Dan Cooper's signature and re-import all TV shows

None of these steps has solved the issue and I'm not sure what to try next. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Any ideas on what my next step should be?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - brywright - 2013-01-29

Hi,

I have an odd problem with movie fanart.
No matter what when I chose the option to save fanart as fanart.jpg it will not save.
It scrapes themedia, i pick the right one but then nothing no fanart.jpg and the tick does not appear in the column to say its detected
(this is for new fanart.jpg)
Existing fanart.jpg are in the folder but ember mediamanager can not see them. If I go browse and choose local source and select the fanart.jpg it opens up and displays fine. If I click ok it then doesnt get added - no tick in the column or anything. (file itself is still there.)
If i change to use <movie>.fanart.jpg it all works fine.
I have 90% of my fanart already saved as fanart.jpg and wanted to use ember media manager to get the few missing ones and update as my library improves.
I am using 1.3.0.9.
I have tried deleting ember and starting from scratch, same thing Sad
Any ideas?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - brywright - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 22:58)brywright Wrote: Hi,

No matter what when I chose the option to save fanart as fanart.jpg it will not save.
It scrapes themedia, i pick the right one but then nothing no fanart.jpg and the tick does not appear in the column to say its detected
Existing fanart.jpg are in the folder but ember mediamanager can not see them. If I go browse and choose local source and select the fanart.jpg it opens up and displays fine. If I click ok it then doesnt get added - no tick in the column or anything. (file itself is still there.)
I have 90% of my fanart already saved as fanart.jpg and wanted to use ember media manager to get the few missing ones and update as my library improves.
I am using 1.3.0.9.
Any ideas?
if i open up the ember media database in sqlite browser and find a record for a film, say 1408
hasfanart is 0, if i change this to 1 and then change theempty fanartpath value to \\server\films\1408\fanart.jpg and save the database it all seems to work fine.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Pitbull_Raven - 2013-01-29

When auto scraping my movies, it keeps asking me to select from a list of results. I think this is happening because it's searching for the movie titles and finding localized results (titles show in portuguese rather than english) although I have set the language to english everywhere in EMM. It detects the right movie, just in portuguese, and a whole bunch of near matches in english that aren't the movie it's self. Any way around this so as to force detection of titles in english?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-29, 19:43)Hyram Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 11:26)Tomkun Wrote: Most of the time recently when I try and scrape movies, the first result in either automatic or manual mode is usually a review show or documentary about the movie instead of the movie itself.

This is exactly the reason why that 'Popular Titles' thing has got to go -- it'll do it even if there's exact matches found -- and why I cannot trust EMM to do it automatically. U've put any further work on hold until this particular curse is rectified.

This is really very strange set up in the code Huh

But I work on the next release, the following features are added:

- in the search result windows the first exact movie is selected (usually this is the correct movie) (100% done)

- funktion autoscraping: (80% done)
if exact search result =1 -> take this
if exact search result >1 -> check the year in filename -> exactly one match is found -> take this
if exact search result >1 -> check the year in filename -> more than one match is found -> take first in list (first in list is always the most popular on IMDB)
if exact search result >1 -> check the year in filename -> no one match is found -> check the popular result list
if exact search result >0 - > check popular ... year ...

- funktion autoscraping (require input...): (80% done)
if exact search result =1 -> take this
if exact search result >1 -> check the year in filename -> exactly one match is found -> take this
if exact search result >1 -> check the year in filename -> more than one match is found -> take first in list (first in list is always the most popular on IMDB)
if exact search result >1 -> check the year in filename -> no one match is found -> check the popular result list
if exact search result >0 - > ask/require input

- (new) funktion autoscraping (no request, skip): (20% done)
basically the same way like "autoscraping (require input)" with the difference skip instead ask

The problem is: On Saturday i go to the carnival, on Sunday I'll do the Frank Gallagher style Big GrinCool
(2013-01-29, 22:58)brywright Wrote: Hi,

I am using 1.3.0.9.
Any ideas?

I tested the following:
- automatic scraping WORKS
- manual scraping WORKS
- manual editing WORKS

Unfortunately I do not know what it failing with you.
Has anyone else the same problem?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - dritchey - 2013-01-30

Hi all. I am having a problem getting Ember working for my library. I am hoping to get some ideas why. I apologize if i posted this in the wrong area and will post in a different spot if needed.

I am using a Win 7 Ultimate x64 machine and stored Ember in Program Files (x86) directory. I have followed the step-by-step guides on How to Geek. http://www.howtogeek.com/61976/how-to-use-ember-media-manager-to-whip-your-media-collection-into-shape/

I started out with the version the guide shows version 1.2 and I was unable to get it to work as following thru this forum I downloaded version 1.3.0.7 fix 4.2 and 1.3.0.9 (from Dan Cooper, Thanks) and I still have no luck. The files i am trying to use this with are mkv, mp4 and avi.

I set the source to the directory and it finds all the movies and populates in the left column, but it doesn't find the film thru IMDB. I also have tried ReScraping and I get the same outcome. I found the IMDB file by searching and it still will not find any films. I have even copied the name directly from IMDB and searched and it still fails to find it.

I am sure I am missing a small step and hoping someone has some ideas.

Thanks in advance!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Hyram - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 01:42)DanCooper Wrote: This is really very strange set up in the code Huh

That it is.

Quote:On Saturday i go to the carnival, on Sunday I'll do the Frank Gallagher style Big GrinCool

Tha's not a problem -- go enjoy yourself! Recharge your internal battery and you can return to the code feeling all fresh -- all code and no play makes Dan a dull boy Big Grin

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - hamafly - 2013-01-30

Hi everybody,

i just have a little problem. If i add a folder to scrape (f.e the name is "The Moviename" then Ember will make the title change to "Moviename, The"

Any idea how i can leave to original Folder Name?

Thank you. Big Grin

Hama

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - humpe - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 02:31)dritchey Wrote: Hi all. I am having a problem getting Ember working for my library. I am hoping to get some ideas why. I apologize if i posted this in the wrong area and will post in a different spot if needed.

I am using a Win 7 Ultimate x64 machine and stored Ember in Program Files (x86) directory. I have followed the step-by-step guides on How to Geek. http://www.howtogeek.com/61976/how-to-use-ember-media-manager-to-whip-your-media-collection-into-shape/

I started out with the version the guide shows version 1.2 and I was unable to get it to work as following thru this forum I downloaded version 1.3.0.7 fix 4.2 and 1.3.0.9 (from Dan Cooper, Thanks) and I still have no luck. The files i am trying to use this with are mkv, mp4 and avi.

I set the source to the directory and it finds all the movies and populates in the left column, but it doesn't find the film thru IMDB. I also have tried ReScraping and I get the same outcome. I found the IMDB file by searching and it still will not find any films. I have even copied the name directly from IMDB and searched and it still fails to find it.

I am sure I am missing a small step and hoping someone has some ideas.

Thanks in advance!

If you followed the guide, I guess that all your movies are in separate folders, then setup for Frodo should be a breeze.

1. Unpack Ember_1.3.0.9.rar to a new location
2. Open Ember Media Manager.exe, this should get you to "Ember Startup Wizard", Add Source when possible and leave all other values at default
3. Open Edit->Settings->Movies->Files and Sources and click the "XBMC Frodo" button
4. Open Edit->Settings->TV Shows->Files and Sources and click the "XBMC Frodo" button then click OK

Pick a movie and try Right-click -> (Re)Scrape Movie
If no movies are found, try selecting Manual IMDB Entry and enter the IMDb id and press Verify.

Hope this helps...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mauzzz - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-29, 22:05)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 19:28)mauzzz Wrote: Great to see that EMM is maintained. Kudos to DanCooper.

I have some difficulty to digest from this thread what's working with Frodo and what not yet. Using EMM 1.3.0.9 and Frodo RC3. I've set the Frodo presets in EMM (great to have presets!). I have deleted (recursively) all .jpg and .tbn files in my TV Shows source and let EMM rescrape.

In TV Shows the poster.jpg is a banner. Unfortunately that banner does not show up in Aeon Nox wall view. Frodo displays some banner which is an image with show title as a overlay (very basic looking). No idea were that comes from.
[EDIT] I've recursively copied all poster.jpg to banner.jpg. That works! [/EDIT]

The seasonXX-poster.jpg are scraped but in episodes view the season poster is not shown, instead I see poster.jpg (the banner) squeezed to portrait dimensions. It shows up identically in all seasons.

Hi Mauzz - do you currently have all of this particular source already scanned into XBMC? Deleting the images and updating with EMM doesn't automatically update them as far as XBMC is concerned. You have a couple different ways you can force XBMC to update. The easiest is CHANGE (not delete) your TV source in XBMC. You set the content type to none, and allow XBMC to update the source. You then EDIT the source again and reset it back to TV content. XBMC will rescan and should update the images and nfos. This does preserve your watched status.

Another way (I believe the XBMC team will say that it's not recommended) is to delete your thumbnails cache, and XBMC will rebuild it all as well, without needing to rescan. The cahce is here if you are a windows user: C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails

I removed the shows from library through the context menu, then deleted all image from source (leave .nfo), let EMM rescrape and then have XBMC rescan. That should do it.

Regarding the missing banners: wouldn't it be simple to let EMM save the downloaded banner as banner.jpg instead of saving it as poster.jpg?

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 11:54)mauzzz Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 22:05)deh2k7 Wrote:

I removed the shows from library through the context menu, then deleted all image from source (leave .nfo), let EMM rescrape and then have XBMC rescan. That should do it.

Regarding the missing banners: wouldn't it be simple to let EMM save the downloaded banner as banner.jpg instead of saving it as poster.jpg?

With Frodo you must safe posters as poster.jpg and banners as banner.jpg
If you safe banners as poster.jpg, Frodo can't display that correctly.