Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-31, 00:02)nsviper Wrote: Great update Dan - I'm sorting out all my season thumbs etc on my TV Series and making sure all my movies are switched over to the Frodo jpg setup.

One quick question - I've deleted all my .actor folders to get rid of all the .tbn files - is there a quick way to force a rescan or rescrape of JUST the actor thumbs/cache?

Thanks again

Nope... Sad
I have used the the bulk renamer utility to rename all existing actor files.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - wonslung - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-30, 15:52)humpe Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 14:52)wonslung Wrote: when i try to click "show banner" under settings/tv/files and sources/ it won't let me select it. Isn't this what i need for frodo?

You don't actually need banners in Frodo, but they are nice (IMHO) and used in some views (like "Media Info 2" for TV Shows). However EMM does not support generating the various banner files yet.

it has the option unchecked where it says banner.jpg but won't let me select it. Is this just an upcoming feature or is it broken?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - chuckan - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-16, 18:16)chtamina Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 17:43)kaaspad Wrote: Having 2 issues with the latest EMM - one of the features available was to update XBMC from within EMM, now whenever I do that I get a 404 error connecting to XBMC, running EMM with fix 2 and Frodo RC3.

same situation here !

EDIT: I even tried with the latest nightly or removing username/password. Even after using xbmc default webserver: nothing, it won't connect

I upgrade from Eden to Frodo today and presto.....ive got this problem aswell.
When i try to Update my XBMC library with EMM i get this "XBMC Controller: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."
I have no other connection problems between my PC & XBMC...i can play files, update the library with XBMC all that works fine....the exception is when i try to update the library with EMM
Have never had this come up before....and all i have done is upgrade from Eden to Frodo.

Anyone knows how i can remedy this problem??
Im using EMM 1.3.0.9

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mbagshaw - 2013-01-31

I am having difficulty getting EMM (Version 1.3.0.9) to work. I downloaded the RAR file and ran the Ember Media Manager.exe, but it gets stuck while its loading at the EMM logo screen with a message"Creating GUI". I have had a similar problem with Version 1.3.0.7, but it gets stuck with a message "Basic setup". In both cases I can see the EMM application window in the background.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - MaxCore - 2013-01-31

EMM rename TV-show ?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-31, 00:59)wonslung Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 15:52)humpe Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 14:52)wonslung Wrote: when i try to click "show banner" under settings/tv/files and sources/ it won't let me select it. Isn't this what i need for frodo?

You don't actually need banners in Frodo, but they are nice (IMHO) and used in some views (like "Media Info 2" for TV Shows). However EMM does not support generating the various banner files yet.

it has the option unchecked where it says banner.jpg but won't let me select it. Is this just an upcoming feature or is it broken?

It is not enable yet. Dan said it will take a lot of time and work to add banners. He is working on it but maybe a while.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - RockDawg - 2013-01-31

Can you include .png file options for artwork? According to the wiki, png files are frodo compliant. I get my movie posters myself and ude Photoshop to put Blu-Ray cover on my Blu-Ray movies and there's some transparency involved so they are saved as png. It would be nice if they would show in ember. If it's not too much trouble.

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-31, 02:40)mbagshaw Wrote: I am having difficulty getting EMM (Version 1.3.0.9) to work. I downloaded the RAR file and ran the Ember Media Manager.exe, but it gets stuck while its loading at the EMM logo screen with a message"Creating GUI". I have had a similar problem with Version 1.3.0.7, but it gets stuck with a message "Basic setup". In both cases I can see the EMM application window in the background.

try to download a .NET Framework update from Microsoft

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-31, 01:22)chuckan Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 18:16)chtamina Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 17:43)kaaspad Wrote: Having 2 issues with the latest EMM - one of the features available was to update XBMC from within EMM, now whenever I do that I get a 404 error connecting to XBMC, running EMM with fix 2 and Frodo RC3.

same situation here !

EDIT: I even tried with the latest nightly or removing username/password. Even after using xbmc default webserver: nothing, it won't connect

I upgrade from Eden to Frodo today and presto.....ive got this problem aswell.
When i try to Update my XBMC library with EMM i get this "XBMC Controller: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."
I have no other connection problems between my PC & XBMC...i can play files, update the library with XBMC all that works fine....the exception is when i try to update the library with EMM
Have never had this come up before....and all i have done is upgrade from Eden to Frodo.

Anyone knows how i can remedy this problem??
Im using EMM 1.3.0.9

XBMC has change the webinterface from http to JSON. I have no time (and not enough skills) to code a new controller.
(2013-01-31, 05:58)RockDawg Wrote: Can you include .png file options for artwork? According to the wiki, png files are frodo compliant. I get my movie posters myself and ude Photoshop to put Blu-Ray cover on my Blu-Ray movies and there's some transparency involved so they are saved as png. It would be nice if they would show in ember. If it's not too much trouble.

I have wrote this on the to do list.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - zdai - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-30, 18:00)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 17:54)zdai Wrote: Hi,

first, I would like to thanks bodrick and Dan to have brought and updated this incridible software, which which I updated my full library. Thank you!

Unfortunatly, I did find something weird about the ".actors" folder : when I manually update a film by "right click-> re-scraping", i get a new folder. But, when a scrape the whole library, I don't get any.

Did I miss something ?
I'm using Ember 1.3.0.9.

Thank you for your effort.

I will check this.

Thank you very much!

Re: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - courvus - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-31, 02:40)mbagshaw Wrote: I am having difficulty getting EMM (Version 1.3.0.9) to work. I downloaded the RAR file and ran the Ember Media Manager.exe, but it gets stuck while its loading at the EMM logo screen with a message"Creating GUI". I have had a similar problem with Version 1.3.0.7, but it gets stuck with a message "Basic setup". In both cases I can see the EMM application window in the background.

Try right clicking and run as administrator.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - nsviper - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-31, 00:35)DanCooper Wrote: Nope... Sad
I have used the the bulk renamer utility to rename all existing actor files.

Damn, ok cheers dude, guess i'll force a full rescrape to get the info populated Wink

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - keisuji - 2013-01-31

I think there is a problem with Episode Fanart I use <episode>-fanart.jpg
So i sracpe my episodes and ember uses not the season fanart for episodes it use the fanart of the series for every episode.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - wheatfield - 2013-01-31

Great program! I appreciate all the hard work.

My question is, when scraping complete bdmv folders (with menus and extras), I get inaccurate metadata, as if it keeps scanning the wrong video file. The run time will read 1 min, and the codecs are set wrong. Is there a way around this, or do I have to manually input the data on every movie? Can it be set to scrape the largest file in the folder (or something like that)?

(2013-01-31, 16:43)keisuji Wrote: I think there is a problem with Episode Fanart I use <episode>-fanart.jpg
So i sracpe my episodes and ember uses not the season fanart for episodes it use the fanart of the series for every episode.

Episode-fanart is not supportet by XBMC