Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ynksbsbll2 - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-04, 20:22)shaktoo Wrote: dosen't work for custom logo's i.e for stuff which is not present or whose nfo's are not scrapable from tvdb/imdb === will not show even with "use local files " option. has been requested in AD thread.

I believe there was a hacked together version of AD that allowed it to pull custom images. If I can find it I'll edit my post with the link.

EDIT: I scanned through all 116 pages of the AD thread and couldn't find it. I know I've seen it somewhere, I just don't know where...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ShadowTek - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-04, 20:22)shaktoo Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 20:01)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 18:07)ynksbsbll2 Wrote: Have you run Artwork Downloader from within XBMC yet with the "Use local files" option checked? Aeon Nox most certainly uses logos, but you need to run that add-on before anything will show up.

I didn't know it had that option I will set it now.
dosen't work for custom logo's i.e for stuff which is not present or whose nfo's are not scrapable from tvdb/imdb === will not show even with "use local files " option. has been requested in AD thread.

I actually found a way around this, now every one of my movies has a logo (I use Aeon Nox), and most (100's) are custom. Anyway, what you do is for the movies that will not show the local logo, even with the local art selected in AD, edit the nfo file, temporarily replace the <id> with that of a movie that does show logos, dont worry you wont be scraping the movie again, then turn OFF the internet. In Aeon Nox, goto the movie that wont show its logo (that you just changed the ID of) and click on "get artwork" and select Yes to let it get all art work, it will find the local logo and add it for you, then re-edit the nfo file putting back the original ID.

A bit of a hassle, but it works and now every one of my movies has a logo.

EDIT: You may have to refresh the movie with the changed ID, but choose not to use the internet so it uses the local NFO file, then use the get art option.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - RockDawg - 2013-02-04

Not to derail this thread, but does anyone know why XBMC no longer scrapes local logos? Why are they forcing us to use an addon to get them to work?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Jocker_Boy - 2013-02-05

Hello,

First thing, thanks for this great program. I don't use XBMC but EMM it's perfect to organize my media.
I have installed EMM 1.3.0.9 (Thanks DanCooper).

When i do "automated scrapped" it rarely finds the correct movie. I need to scrappe each movie individually using "change movie" so that i can correspond the correct movie.
I think the problem is that EMM wil search the movie title in IMDB, but in IMBD all movies title appear in "Portuguese" (because i'm from Portugal) and so it can't check the same title.

Is there any solution for this?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Krystal - 2013-02-05

Hi,

As it pissed me off to download the latest ember using the crappy service of dan link, I've mirrored the binary here :

http://emm-r.enix.org/Ember_1.3.0.9.rar

Dan, if you want, I can give you an ftp acces to this server so you can keep it up to date with futur release.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-02-05

Krystal,

Dan now has a Dallas FTP link check his name a user set up his ftp to host ember. Now that Brodrick is back I am sure he will host it as well once his new site is up.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Krystal - 2013-02-05

FTP didn't worked when I tryed.

Anyway, I'm just proposing. I run a hosting company, and I'm willing to help. Don't take any of this personally Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 02:55)Krystal Wrote: FTP didn't worked when I tryed.

Anyway, I'm just proposing. I run a hosting company, and I'm willing to help. Don't take any of this personally Smile

I didn't mean it that way Smile. I was just saying there was a new FTP site in case you missed it. Maybe it on a user PC and it is useless if PC is off who knows. Thanks for hosting also.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-02-05

Welcome back Bodrick, nice to hear your life is getting back to normal. Do I sense a sye of relief from Dan, I think he was starting to feel a little overwhelmed? Thank you Dan!

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-05

The latest version has generate 16GB traffic in 5 days... only on share-online. I think the total traffic was 20-30GB. Is this a problem for your ftp server? I don't need a private ftp, I new only one with good bandwidth.
(2013-02-05, 04:29)Randall Lind Wrote:

I didn't mean it that way Smile. I was just saying there was a new FTP site in case you missed it. Maybe it on a user PC and it is useless if PC is off who knows. Thanks for hosting also.

He say me the server is a company server in Texas, not a private/home server.

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 00:07)Jocker_Boy Wrote: Hello,

First thing, thanks for this great program. I don't use XBMC but EMM it's perfect to organize my media.
I have installed EMM 1.3.0.9 (Thanks DanCooper).

When i do "automated scrapped" it rarely finds the correct movie. I need to scrappe each movie individually using "change movie" so that i can correspond the correct movie.
I think the problem is that EMM wil search the movie title in IMDB, but in IMBD all movies title appear in "Portuguese" (because i'm from Portugal) and so it can't check the same title.

Is there any solution for this?

No the problem is another. Anyone has change the searching in code for a long time. Popular results have a higher priority than exact matches. This is bullshit Big Grin But I think I have a good working solution for all auto search and manual rescrapping. I test this time a little bit longer before I make a new release. Also I try to integrate actor thumbs in auto scraping.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Krystal - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 09:01)DanCooper Wrote: The latest version has generate 16GB traffic in 5 days... only on share-online. I think the total traffic was 20-30GB. Is this a problem for your ftp server? I don't need a private ftp, I new only one with good bandwidth.

It's not a problem at all. You can go up to 500 GB/day before we have to talk again Smile

I'll send you access in private.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Krystal - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 09:27)DanCooper Wrote: No the problem is another. Anyone has change the searching in code for a long time. Popular results have a higher priority than exact matches. This is bullshit Big Grin But I think I have a good working solution for all auto search and manual rescrapping. I test this time a little bit longer before I make a new release. Also I try to integrate actor thumbs in auto scraping.

I confirm this, I just tested it with 200 know name and emm found ridiculous match where almost every time the exact match from imdb was ok, even if it wasn't the original title (like in french/deutch/whatever title).

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - dgoogle - 2013-02-05

Does the current version of embermm 1.3.0.9 work with xbmc Frodo ?
I can get it to work on port 8080.
Has the port change or the API ?

dg

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 12:42)dgoogle Wrote: Does the current version of embermm 1.3.0.9 work with xbmc Frodo ?
I can get it to work on port 8080.
Has the port change or the API ?

dg

The XBMC Controller works only with Eden. Frodo has change the API from HTTP to JSON. Ember support only HTTP atm.