Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-14

Yes Big Grin

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - _matt_ - 2013-02-14

Trailer detection works for me.

Re: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bry - 2013-02-14

They are .mov or .mp4. Located in the same folder as the movie.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - joxy - 2013-02-14

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to XBMC from Ember v1.3 Rev. 9? I keep getting the error The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

I can access the remote server perfectly in the browser, from the same computer Ember is running on, and also with Yatse on Android, so it looks like an error in Ember. It's weird because I have a user/pass set up in XBMC, and when I leave those fields empty in Ember, it responds correctly with "Authorization Error". But when I fill them in, it goes back to the 404 error.

Looks like a bug to me... anyone else seeing this?

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-14

(2013-02-14, 05:12)joxy Wrote: Is anyone else having trouble connecting to XBMC from Ember v1.3 Rev. 9? I keep getting the error The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

I can access the remote server perfectly in the browser, from the same computer Ember is running on, and also with Yatse on Android, so it looks like an error in Ember. It's weird because I have a user/pass set up in XBMC, and when I leave those fields empty in Ember, it responds correctly with "Authorization Error". But when I fill them in, it goes back to the 404 error.

Looks like a bug to me... anyone else seeing this?

The error is that Frodo has change there interface from http to JSON...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-02-14

Update Native TMBD scraper compiles AND returns some data Smile

a small step for a man a leap ahead for humanity!

M

Team am I wrong or we miss the Keywords tag in Ember?

The keywords are called Tags in Frodo...
I will try to add them... is anyone using them?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2013-02-14

Quote:Is this fixable by any chance? I would be very grateful

for a few post before, i'm asking again...YES...my tv-episodes are in a separate folders, that way they're not messed, garbled and mixed in a big season folders with dozens of files.
ember doesn't recognize files in that way.!
Could you DanCooper take this in consideration for future releases?... Otherwise, the described and proposed scenario works well. And, in another way...if i try to scrape with XBMC and then exported library, files are correctly in their own folders....

cheers!!...Blush

(2013-02-14, 09:39)orbtwin Wrote: for a few post before, i'm asking again...YES...my tv-episodes are in a separate folders, that way they're not messed, garbled and mixed in a big season folders with dozens of files.
ember doesn't recognize files in that way.!
Could you DanCooper take this in consideration for future releases?... Otherwise, the described and proposed scenario works well. And, in another way...if i try to scrape with XBMC and then exported library, files are correctly in their own folders....

cheers!!...Blush

Orbtwin,
as far as I know the structure you are proposing is not compatible with XBMC nor with YAMJ. Does not make any sense to fix it when you cannot use it anyway.

The structure must be
Code:
series name\
  Season 01\
     Season 1 episode 1.avi
     Season 1 episode 2.avi
  Season 02\
     Season 2 episode 1.avi
     Season 2 episode 2.avi

Then the needed files will be added near the episodes + some files for the whole folder.

If you want to have 1 folder for each episode it will not work. will just generate a massive amount of folders.

In addition to that is not that you earn to much because in your case you have 1 folder with 1 file (not very meaningful) when you add the NFO and image you have a folder for 3 files Sad

M

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Hyram - 2013-02-14

(2013-02-14, 08:38)DanCooper Wrote: The error is that Frodo has change there interface from http to JSON...

... that's definitely an error, all right! Looks like Eden's the last version I'll use, then.

Dan, do you have any insight into why I cannot scrape TV shows, except one episode at a time?

The file-tree structure is correct, Ember populates all the boxes correctly, XBMC itself sees everything correctly, as does Media Companion and Media Eich, but the Scrape Media button/menu remains un-selectable.

ok...
i understand your arguments...i actually know that if i can scrape with XBMC (it scrape whole HDD for tv-series and every video episode in its folder), supposed to ember would do the same thing...obviously it can't.

i can confirm that XBMC could scrape episodes video files in each folder, then there are "only" 3 files for (i know) (the video file, the episode thumb and the nfo).

AW: RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-14

(2013-02-14, 10:38)Hyram Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 08:38)DanCooper Wrote: The error is that Frodo has change there interface from http to JSON...

... that's definitely an error, all right! Looks like Eden's the last version I'll use, then.

Dan, do you have any insight into why I cannot scrape TV shows, except one episode at a time?

The file-tree structure is correct, Ember populates all the boxes correctly, XBMC itself sees everything correctly, as does Media Companion and Media Eich, but the Scrape Media button/menu remains un-selectable.

Please make a screenshot of the season folder.

(2013-02-14, 10:40)orbtwin Wrote: ok...
i understand your arguments...i actually know that if i can scrape with XBMC (it scrape whole HDD for tv-series and every video episode in its folder), supposed to ember would do the same thing...obviously it can't.

i can confirm that XBMC could scrape episodes video files in each folder, then there are "only" 3 files for (i know) (the video file, the episode thumb and the nfo).

Weird... that is a "bug" from Frodo Smile
this should be the only structure approved:
TV show naming conventions

In other words you are lucky but there is no warranty it will continue to work.

Can you help me understand which is the issue with the episodes in 1 folder?
I have several series (toons with a LOT of episodes) without any problem...

M

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Hyram - 2013-02-14

I use the accepted-as-standard format for all shows, according to the XBMC wiki:

Code:
show
+-Season XX
+--SxxExx.Episode.tla

e.g.

Code:
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 00\S00E01.Pilot - The Cage.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 01\S01E01.Where No Man Has Gone Before.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 01\S01E02.The Corbomite Maneuver.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 01\S01E03.Mudds Women.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 02\S02E01.Catspaw.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 02\S02E02.Metamorphosis.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 02\S02E03.Fridays Child.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 03\S03E01.Spectre Of The Gun.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 03\S03E02.Elaan Of Troyius.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 03\S03E03.The Paradise Syndrome.avi

... where in this case, the folder "H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\" is what is added to the Sources in Ember's settings.

Every show follows the same file-structure and naming convention.

As I said, every show appears in Ember's lists just fine, populating the show, season and episode boxes in the main display perfectly, so it can read them all and parse them all correctly. For some shows that have retained data from a previous scrape, all metadata appears correctly.

It just refuses to batch-scrape.

(2013-02-14, 12:18)Hyram Wrote: I use the accepted-as-standard format for all shows, according to the XBMC wiki:

Code:
show
+-Season XX
+--SxxExx.Episode.tla

e.g.

Code:
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 00\S00E01.Pilot - The Cage.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 01\S01E01.Where No Man Has Gone Before.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 01\S01E02.The Corbomite Maneuver.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 01\S01E03.Mudds Women.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 02\S02E01.Catspaw.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 02\S02E02.Metamorphosis.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 02\S02E03.Fridays Child.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 03\S03E01.Spectre Of The Gun.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 03\S03E02.Elaan Of Troyius.avi
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 03\S03E03.The Paradise Syndrome.avi

... where in this case, the folder "H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\" is what is added to the Sources in Ember's settings.

Every show follows the same file-structure and naming convention.

As I said, every show appears in Ember's lists just fine, populating the show, season and episode boxes in the main display perfectly, so it can read them all and parse them all correctly. For some shows that have retained data from a previous scrape, all metadata appears correctly.

It just refuses to batch-scrape.

As far as I know you are missing a piece the name should be:
H:\Science Fiction\TV Shows\Star Trek\Season 03\Star Trek S03E01.Spectre Of The Gun.avi

You need to have the show name before the season ID.

M

(2013-02-14, 12:14)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 10:40)orbtwin Wrote: ok...

Weird... that is a "bug" from Frodo Smile
this should be the only structure approved:
TV show naming conventions

In other words you are lucky but there is no warranty it will continue to work.

Can you help me understand which is the issue with the episodes in 1 folder?
I have several series (toons with a LOT of episodes) without any problem...

M

hello again!...
there isn't issue with my episodes, it's only my maniac paranoid completition mania for my files and life Confused