Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Hyram - 2013-02-14

(2013-02-14, 20:23)anahka2309 Wrote: I think it has been brought up before but any chance we can get rid of the "Popular results" during scraping? It is almost always wrong and selects a documentary or something instead of the proper movie.

Several times, me being one of them. I was going to wait until this was removed, but ended up doing it the hard way, turning off the mismatch tolerance (one of the many unfathomable settings with no explanation) and using the 'Ask' scrape, then manually finding the right IMDB entry with a browser and entering its TT.

Funny thing is, most of my movies are actual documentaries, yet the 'Popular results' inevitably selects a TV show that talks about or reviews the documentary.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-14

(2013-02-14, 22:09)Hyram Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 20:23)anahka2309 Wrote: I think it has been brought up before but any chance we can get rid of the "Popular results" during scraping? It is almost always wrong and selects a documentary or something instead of the proper movie.

Several times, me being one of them. I was going to wait until this was removed, but ended up doing it the hard way, turning off the mismatch tolerance (one of the many unfathomable settings with no explanation) and using the 'Ask' scrape, then manually finding the right IMDB entry with a browser and entering its TT.

Funny thing is, most of my movies are actual documentaries, yet the 'Popular results' inevitably selects a TV show that talks about or reviews the documentary.

I hope i have made a proper fix to solve all the problems with search results on IMDB. Since IMDB has change the search engine the results are bad. I think the we release soon a new version of ember.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-02-14

TMDB is useless since all it does is download images and no plot or actors information.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Arathen - 2013-02-15

(2013-02-14, 12:14)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 10:40)orbtwin Wrote: ok...
i understand your arguments...i actually know that if i can scrape with XBMC (it scrape whole HDD for tv-series and every video episode in its folder), supposed to ember would do the same thing...obviously it can't.

i can confirm that XBMC could scrape episodes video files in each folder, then there are "only" 3 files for (i know) (the video file, the episode thumb and the nfo).

Weird... that is a "bug" from Frodo Smile
this should be the only structure approved:
TV show naming conventions

In other words you are lucky but there is no warranty it will continue to work.

Can you help me understand which is the issue with the episodes in 1 folder?
I have several series (toons with a LOT of episodes) without any problem...

M

The reality is that individual episode folders do work under Frodo. I use them for reasons that I articulated in an earlier posting. And it would appear there are other people also with a desire for EMM to support that reality.

So the question isn't really about the convention, or people's justification for the way they like to structure their own storage. Its simply whether EMM can or will be tweaked to cater for what some people would like?

If the answer is "No", then that's honestly ok. Its the decision of the person writing the code. I'd just like to know so that I can continue looking for a media manager that does what I need, if necessary.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-02-15

(2013-02-14, 23:41)Randall Lind Wrote: TMDB is useless since all it does is download images and no plot or actors information.

That is the OLD TMDB... the new plugin will be full Smile

(2013-02-14, 18:00)DanCooper Wrote: YouTube has change the code..... again AngryAngryAngryAngry

DanCooper,
have you read here:
Google API Sample
YouTube Api

and here a guy that did what we need:
Download using Google API
it may help.

(2013-02-15, 00:53)Arathen Wrote: The reality is that individual episode folders do work under Frodo. I use them for reasons that I articulated in an earlier posting. And it would appear there are other people also with a desire for EMM to support that reality.

So the question isn't really about the convention, or people's justification for the way they like to structure their own storage. Its simply whether EMM can or will be tweaked to cater for what some people would like?

If the answer is "No", then that's honestly ok. Its the decision of the person writing the code. I'd just like to know so that I can continue looking for a media manager that does what I need, if necessary.

Arathen,
your position is nice and reasonable; as we are quite overloaded with fixes I think is correct to focus on what is standard in XBMC and YAMJ (and is not trivial to support all of that), this is why I was checking what is the expected structure should be.

If a "non official" structure works we are only happy for that but before spending a lot of time to fix EMM for it we need to check how much is used, how much time it will survive, how many people uses it...

If it is an official and supported structure we will have to add it, if it is not we will try to add it.

So is not a No...

but we have not get any confirmation from XBMC gurus and developers and if it is officially supported.

M

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-02-15

(2013-02-15, 01:01)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 23:41)Randall Lind Wrote: TMDB is useless since all it does is download images and no plot or actors information.

That is the OLD TMDB... the new plugin will be full Smile

(2013-02-14, 18:00)DanCooper Wrote: YouTube has change the code..... again AngryAngryAngryAngry

DanCooper,
have you read here:
Google API Sample
YouTube Api

and here a guy that did what we need:
Download using Google API
it may help.

(2013-02-15, 00:53)Arathen Wrote: The reality is that individual episode folders do work under Frodo. I use them for reasons that I articulated in an earlier posting. And it would appear there are other people also with a desire for EMM to support that reality.

Arathen,
your position is nice and reasonable; as we are quite overloaded with fixes I think is correct to focus on what is standard in XBMC and YAMJ (and is not trivial to support all of that), this is why I was checking what is the expected structure should be.

If a "non official" structure works we are only happy for that but before spending a lot of time to fix EMM for it we need to check how much is used, how much time it will survive, how many people uses it...

If it is an official and supported structure we will have to add it, if it is not we will try to add it.

So is not a No...

but we have not get any confirmation from XBMC gurus and developers and if it is officially supported.

M

Thanks for the information I look to using it in the next update. Wink

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - humpe - 2013-02-15

(2013-02-15, 00:53)Arathen Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 12:14)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 10:40)orbtwin Wrote: ok...
i understand your arguments...i actually know that if i can scrape with XBMC (it scrape whole HDD for tv-series and every video episode in its folder), supposed to ember would do the same thing...obviously it can't.

i can confirm that XBMC could scrape episodes video files in each folder, then there are "only" 3 files for (i know) (the video file, the episode thumb and the nfo).

Weird... that is a "bug" from Frodo Smile
this should be the only structure approved:
TV show naming conventions

In other words you are lucky but there is no warranty it will continue to work.

Can you help me understand which is the issue with the episodes in 1 folder?
I have several series (toons with a LOT of episodes) without any problem...

M

The reality is that individual episode folders do work under Frodo. I use them for reasons that I articulated in an earlier posting. And it would appear there are other people also with a desire for EMM to support that reality.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having each episode in a separate folder

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows#Directories says:
"Below the show folder, the files may be organized how you wish, e.g. into separate season folders, or by year. These folders will be ignored."

Simplified this means that XBMC will handle each file, no matter where it is below the show folder.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-02-15

(2013-02-15, 10:35)humpe Wrote: There is absolutely nothing wrong with having each episode in a separate folder

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows#Directories says:
"Below the show folder, the files may be organized how you wish, e.g. into separate season folders, or by year. These folders will be ignored."

Simplified this means that XBMC will handle each file, no matter where it is below the show folder.

Thank you Humpe. Good point.

So we will have to add that support to EMM Smile

AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-15

Haha, noooo Big Grin

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - humpe - 2013-02-15

(2013-02-15, 11:08)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 10:35)humpe Wrote: There is absolutely nothing wrong with having each episode in a separate folder

Thank you Humpe. Good point.

So we will have to add that support to EMM Smile

It was not my intention to imply that EMM must support everything that is valid in XBMC, but IMHO it's a good target.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bry - 2013-02-15

Okay - at a loss. Spent the last few days getting trailers and everything working correctly in EMM. Today login to continue the process and no trailers are showing as available even though I can see them in the directory as well as the set path.... any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - blondeshanks - 2013-02-15

(2013-02-15, 14:02)bry- Wrote: Okay - at a loss. Spent the last few days getting trailers and everything working correctly in EMM. Today login to continue the process and no trailers are showing as available even though I can see them in the directory as well as the set path.... any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, look at post #2774 - its being fixed in a future release...

AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-15

Yes, please... read not only the last 2 posts. It's not nice to answer the same question 10x. Thanks!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bry - 2013-02-15

I read #2774 I see nothing about local trailers. just youtube stuff. Not enough context there. Will wait for next release. Thanks for your efforts Dan+others

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2013-02-15

any possibility for the watched/unwatched box?...in the edit movie box?...i have to edit manually the *.nfo every time i finished the details of a movie.
and the same for adding a <set/> box in the edit

and...

and...

(2013-02-15, 11:23)DanCooper Wrote: Haha, noooo Big Grin

when this feature?

thx