Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - voip-ninja - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-19, 03:01)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 17:04)DanCooper Wrote: I think we made a new release in next 3 days. I have finished all changes for full Frodo compatible.

Dan, will there be a way with the new version to "fix" the various artwork that is currently not compatible with the Frodo naming conventions or will we have to clean all of this up manually?

I made the jump to Frodo and observed that quite a lot of TV season artwork as well as clearart, etc, is completely borked... I'm hoping I can avoid a lengthy cleanup/scrape project to fix it all.

Bump.

Will the new version migrate the old artwork and ditch the .tbn files or will we have to re-scrape it all?

Thanks

AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-19

No solution for auto renaming. But I have use bulk rename utility (standalone) to rename all my files in 3-4 steps (without video_ts files). When you need help please make a screenshot of your movie and TV show folders. I can check if possible to proper rename all files.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - voip-ninja - 2013-02-19

OK thanks Dan. I really only need to rename about 12 TV series worth of artwork, so perhaps I will just wait until the next version 1.3.10 is available and then re-scrape those series.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-19, 16:48)DanCooper Wrote: No solution for auto renaming. But I have use bulk rename utility (standalone) to rename all my files in 3-4 steps (without video_ts files). When you need help please make a screenshot of your movie and TV show folders. I can check if possible to proper rename all files.

Did you look at bulk renamere inside Ember?

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-19, 17:30)voip-ninja Wrote: OK thanks Dan. I really only need to rename about 12 TV series worth of artwork, so perhaps I will just wait until the next version 1.3.10 is available and then re-scrape those series.

I you have only 12 tv shows rescraping is the best and easiest way.

(2013-02-19, 17:34)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 16:48)DanCooper Wrote: No solution for auto renaming. But I have use bulk rename utility (standalone) to rename all my files in 3-4 steps (without video_ts files). When you need help please make a screenshot of your movie and TV show folders. I can check if possible to proper rename all files.

Did you look at bulk renamere inside Ember?

Not atm, but I will check the renamer bug before next release Wink

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2013-02-19

You can always try the stand-alone bulk renamer utility. It works great for this type of thing and is relatively simple to use.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - solamnic - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-19, 15:46)m.savazzi Wrote: Question:
I was looking into the image scrapers and discovered that MPDB is http://www.movieposterdb.com/
but from that site you need to purchase credits to download images Sad

Is it useful for anyone? otherwise we can simply remove it
Or I can simply fix it Tongue

M

I think tvdb and impawards are more than enough... Nod (there are times though that movieposter has some posters that are not on tvdb or impawards,
but on really rare occassions )

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-02-19

I don't really use this feature much but today after spending the last 4 day moviing TV files to new drives I check show missing episodes for TV and doesn't seem to show any missing.

I am missing season 2 #8 of American Horror Story some from other shows but there noting listed in Ember to tell me. Can someone check that feature?

Update: says there a error with AdvancedSettings.xml when I enable says denied

bump

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-19, 15:46)m.savazzi Wrote: Question:
I was looking into the image scrapers and discovered that MPDB is http://www.movieposterdb.com/
but from that site you need to purchase credits to download images Sad

Is it useful for anyone? otherwise we can simply remove it
Or I can simply fix it Tongue

M

I have only activated TMDB Scraper for movies. Impawards is good too, but in my experience TMDB is more than enough so I deactivate all others to save some scraping time. MPDB delivers only small sizes and has no advantages. So I vote for: Terminate it! Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-19, 18:24)solamnic Wrote: I think tvdb and impawards are more than enough... Nod (there are times though that movieposter has some posters that are not on tvdb or impawards,

(2013-02-19, 20:58)Cocotus Wrote: I have only activated TMDB Scraper for movies. Impawards is good too, but in my experience TMDB is more than enough so I deactivate all others to save some scraping time. MPDB delivers only small sizes and has no advantages. So I vote for: Terminate it! Smile

Will kill it.

they are low quality as it scrapes the sample posters from the web page, not the one you have to "purchase".

Additional question: what do you think of rottentomatoes?
It does provide an API too...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ironcross - 2013-02-19

Dan,

Will 1.3.10 have support for Video_TS folders for TV shows?

Thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - solamnic - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-19, 21:02)m.savazzi Wrote: Will kill it.

they are low quality as it scrapes the sample posters from the web page, not the one you have to "purchase".

A very popular site - that i never use Smile

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-19, 21:10)ironcross Wrote: Dan,

Will 1.3.10 have support for Video_TS folders for TV shows?

Thanks

This is a good question Rolleyes
How is the correct structure for video_ts in TV shows?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-19, 21:02)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 18:24)solamnic Wrote: I think tvdb and impawards are more than enough... Nod (there are times though that movieposter has some posters that are not on tvdb or impawards,

(2013-02-19, 20:58)Cocotus Wrote: I have only activated TMDB Scraper for movies. Impawards is good too, but in my experience TMDB is more than enough so I deactivate all others to save some scraping time. MPDB delivers only small sizes and has no advantages. So I vote for: Terminate it! Smile

Will kill it.

I browsed rottentomatoes a little bit and I like user ratings and information, actors thumb of movies there - but I didn't found any fanarts/posters so I guess this would be an alternative for current IMDB scraper for movie information rather then images right?

If you're looking for another image-scraper I would recommend fanart.tv - not for fanart/poster but for other images (which can't be found on tvdb and tmdb) like cleaart, landscape. I think right now Ember doesn't offer any support for those files at all, see here:

http://ember.purplepig.net/issues/93

Right now I manually search my cleararts and landscape thumbs from fanart.tv and download them to my tv show folders.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-02-19

I'm already working on Fanart.tv to try to get the Json api.

It's not clear to me how cleararts and landscape thumbs should be used in Frodo ...