Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - voip-ninja - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-19, 23:44)m.savazzi Wrote: I'm already working on Fanart.tv to try to get the Json api.

It's not clear to me how cleararts and landscape thumbs should be used in Frodo ...

You and me both. My clear art does not show up in Frodo in either Confluence or Aeon.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-20, 00:11)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 23:44)m.savazzi Wrote: I'm already working on Fanart.tv to try to get the Json api.

It's not clear to me how cleararts and landscape thumbs should be used in Frodo ...

You and me both. My clear art does not show up in Frodo in either Confluence or Aeon.

You need to run art download program but, fist set it to skin download folder. That way it look in your folders for art.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - voip-ninja - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-20, 01:53)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 00:11)voip-ninja Wrote:

You need to run art download program but, fist set it to skin download folder. That way it look in your folders for art.

But I already have clearart in my series folders, I guess I need to just bite the bullet and look into all the artwork changes Frodo made that I am not aware of yet.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ironcross - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-19, 21:28)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 21:10)ironcross Wrote: Dan,

Will 1.3.10 have support for Video_TS folders for TV shows?

Thanks

This is a good question Rolleyes
How is the correct structure for video_ts in TV shows?

XBMC works find with this structure.

TV Show (folder)
----->show NFO and art located here also season art
----->Season xx (folder)
---------->SxxExx (folder) (or whatever other accepted nomenclature)
--------------->VIDEO_TS (folder)
-------------------->VIDEO_TS.IFO (file to be referenced for playback)
-------------------->video NFO and episode art in this folder

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-20, 02:20)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 01:53)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 00:11)voip-ninja Wrote: You and me both. My clear art does not show up in Frodo in either Confluence or Aeon.

But I already have clearart in my series folders, I guess I need to just bite the bullet and look into all the artwork changes Frodo made that I am not aware of yet.

From my understanding you need to run art download to add them into XBMC and if you go into program setting you can set it to scan folders to add what you have already. I believe default is to download from web changing it to folders and it will scan your hard drive for art.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-20, 02:39)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 02:20)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 01:53)Randall Lind Wrote: You need to run art download program but, fist set it to skin download folder. That way it look in your folders for art.

From my understanding you need to run art download to add them into XBMC and if you go into program setting you can set it to scan folders to add what you have already. I believe default is to download from web changing it to folders and it will scan your hard drive for art.

If you want to save what you already have scraped with EMM you definitely need to choose "Use Local Files" under Advanced. You may also want to limit AD to only scrape Logo's. Clearart and Discart.

I too am not sure what landscape artwork is either? AD has a Movie artwork called Thumb 16:9?

Now TV Shows are showing missing episodes for Dallas (2012) only. However doesn't seem to be working for any other shows. I still get that error with advancesetting.xml access denied

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-20, 04:12)Randall Lind Wrote: Now TV Shows are showing missing episodes for Dallas (2012) only. However doesn't seem to be working for any other shows. I still get that error with advancesetting.xml access denied

Try right mouse button on Ember folder and uncheck write protection for all files.

For missing episodes:
This option must be activated before a tv show is scraped. If this option activated Ember safe all information during scraping a tv show.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Hyram - 2013-02-20

Back to the faulty TV scraping stuff ...

I just did a complete purge of everything Ember, installed a freshly downloaded copy of 1.3.0.9, and fed it a folder with eight SF TV mini-series in it.

The scrape button is still greyed out.

Yet as you can see, it displays everything correctly. I can (Re)Scrape shows individually, but only one show at a time: if I context-click more than one, or mark more than one, only the last show actually selected is scraped. It still remains grey if I click the Frodo buttons. Here's what the relevant file-tree looks like:

Any ideas?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - hacku - 2013-02-20

So I started noticing that a couple of weeks ago whenever EMM scrapes my movies, it only finds small fanart now. I have to look for large fanart myself and manually input the URL to save it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get it to scrape large fanart again?

Thanks!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-20, 17:42)hacku Wrote: So I started noticing that a couple of weeks ago whenever EMM scrapes my movies, it only finds small fanart now. I have to look for large fanart myself and manually input the URL to save it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get it to scrape large fanart again?

Thanks!

That should be fixed with Dans nweest version - it's in his signature. Have you tried it out?

(2013-02-20, 19:44)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 17:42)hacku Wrote: So I started noticing that a couple of weeks ago whenever EMM scrapes my movies, it only finds small fanart now. I have to look for large fanart myself and manually input the URL to save it.

Thanks!

That should be fixed with Dans nweest version - it's in his signature. Have you tried it out?

No... downloading it now.

Can this be installed right over my existing version, or is it recommended to do a clean install?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-20, 19:57)hacku Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 19:44)Cocotus Wrote:

Thanks!

Can this be installed right over my existing version, or is it recommended to do a clean install?

Here you go:
(2013-02-19, 09:19)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 09:13)stone2 Wrote: Is there a way to update to the latest version of emm and retain all old sources as I have quite a few located in quite a few hard drives?

Normally you can copy settings.xml, advancedsettings.xml, media.emm and the temp folder to the new version.

(2013-02-20, 19:59)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 19:57)hacku Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 19:44)Cocotus Wrote: That should be fixed with Dans nweest version - it's in his signature. Have you tried it out?

Here you go:
(2013-02-19, 09:19)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 09:13)stone2 Wrote: Is there a way to update to the latest version of emm and retain all old sources as I have quite a few located in quite a few hard drives?

Normally you can copy settings.xml, advancedsettings.xml, media.emm and the temp folder to the new version.

Thank you! I'll give that a try.

EDIT:

Never mind. Had a brain fart. Everything is working as it should now. Thanks!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Pr.Sinister - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-19, 21:02)m.savazzi Wrote: Additional question: what do you think of rottentomatoes?
It does provide an API too...

OMG i would LOVE to see a Rotten Tomatoes scraper. But i have some ideas on how to make it be compatible with all skins. Some people won't agree with having extra media in their folder but nobody if forcing them to use it...

My idea is to have the scraper generate .png file in the movie folder or a subfolder. The files could be something like

Code:
criticfresh.png
userfresh.png

Those files would only either be a fresh tomato or a rotten one. Or, we could have

Code:
criticfresh.png/criticrotten.png
userfresh.png/userrotten.png

Again, those would only be the image of a fresh or rotten tomato. Just like the one before, this only adds 2 files. Not 4. This option gives the advantage of knowing if the movie is fresh or rotten when you are browsing files outside of XBMC.

Lastly, the ultimate one would be a total of 3 files :

Code:
criticfresh.png/criticrotten.png
userfresh.png/userrotten.png
t-rating.png

The t-rating file would be an actual image of a percentage number between 0 and 100.

The beauty of all this is that it can be implemented in ANY skin right away and that we can keep re-scraping just this to get the latest ratings displayed in the skin on-the-fly. There is no need to update the XBMC library.

What do you think?

-Pr.