Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 11:39)dildotron2000 Wrote: Does anyone else have a problem in the latest build with generating extra thumbnails ? it just does nothing ?

Manually, auto, frame extractor?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 03:43)CaptainKen Wrote: Well in case you guys are wondering what to do next, here's my wish list. (Not making light of the hard work you'll already doing!) Smile

Scraping
- Auto Scrape "Ask" should mark (different color) all movies it needs to ask about and continue with the batch.
- Generate a banner.jpg: http://ember.purplepig.net/issues/47
- Scrape Logos, ClearArt, Discart, Banner, Character Art, Landscape
- Add ability to rescrape actors
- Add ability to rescrape select pieces for a single movie
- Scarep for TV series music theme (TVTunes)
- Queued Downloading / Background scraping: http://ember.purplepig.net/issues/25

Edit Movie Mode
- Movie <set> field in Movie edit screen
- View an Actor image when clicked on

Export Movie List
- Fix "Filter In: "Source Folder" to actually work
- Set default template
- Save Filter
- Set default filter
- Filter option to exclude, rather than include
- Auto run scheduler

Sets Manager
- Scrape Actors
- Select Trailer

OffLine Media Manager
- Choose Trailer dialog
- Bulk Import: Read movie names from file. Perhaps require file to contain movie ID
- Save default settings
- Media stub support

Other Tweaks
- Fanart graphic should be scaled when in the Movie/TV Shows list view so it can actually be viewed properly
- Make source list wider in "Files and Sources"
- Option to Import DVD Profiler XML to nfo to add movie(s)
- Right Click, "(Re)scrape Selected Movies" should be available even for a single movie
- Choice of color for "Mark New Shows" and "Mark New Episodes" as well as more Mark option items

Thank you again for all your time you put into keeping EMM alive and any consideration you give this list.

one beer for me, Dan and Cocotus per each point?

hehehehehheh

quite an impressive list of functionalities

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-02-22

Guys you are making a whole new program LOL

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 16:54)Randall Lind Wrote: Guys you are making a whole new program LOL

If we're all real lucky Bodrick is still listening and still working on v2. Perfect Christmas present! Big Grin

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 17:01)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 16:54)Randall Lind Wrote: Guys you are making a whole new program LOL

If we're all real lucky Bodrick is still listening and still working on v2. Perfect Christmas present! Big Grin

He works only on a "Hello Kitty" Theme for Ember Big GrinRoflWink

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 04:34)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 04:07)RockDawg Wrote: Anybody else not getting anything scraped from IMDB? I'm running 1.3.09 from Dan's sig and while trying to scrape a couple movies tonight, I am not getting anything from IMDB. POster, fanart and codec info are all fine, but no cast, plot, rating or anything else from IMDB. The movies I tried are Red Dawn (2012) and The Imposter (2012). Anyone else having a problem?

I was scraping cast and actors earlier this evening with no issues, as well as updating some posters. Granted it wasn't a full scrape with no previous NFO, but I was getting info back.

(2013-02-22, 03:43)CaptainKen Wrote: Well in case you guys are wondering what to do next, here's my wish list. (Not making light of the hard work you'll already doing!) Smile

Scraping

Edit Movie Mode

Thank you again for all your time you put into keeping EMM alive and any consideration you give this list.

I'd like to add my personal support for the above features as well.

It would be nice to scrape the set info using TMDB movie collection field and be able to scrape a poster/fanart for the set.

I do want to add that these two features that you requested are already available in Ember today (and I used them today).

If you change your scraper settings to select only the fields you want, i.e. writer, director, and actors, then select the movies you want to update, and choose the (re)scrape option for NFO only, it will do what you want. I do this when updating cast, ratings/votes, etc.

Thanks for the direction deh2k7.

1) Shall I assume that selecting Cast will honor the Miscellaneous settings for cast, actors and crew?

2) Do I also need to check all the Global locks?

Still right clicking is more convenient and faster than having to change settings each time.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 17:28)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 04:34)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 04:07)RockDawg Wrote: Anybody else not getting anything scraped from IMDB? I'm running 1.3.09 from Dan's sig and while trying to scrape a couple movies tonight, I am not getting anything from IMDB. POster, fanart and codec info are all fine, but no cast, plot, rating or anything else from IMDB. The movies I tried are Red Dawn (2012) and The Imposter (2012). Anyone else having a problem?

I was scraping cast and actors earlier this evening with no issues, as well as updating some posters. Granted it wasn't a full scrape with no previous NFO, but I was getting info back.

Scraping

Edit Movie Mode

It would be nice to scrape the set info using TMDB movie collection field and be able to scrape a poster/fanart for the set.

I do want to add that these two features that you requested are already available in Ember today (and I used them today).

If you change your scraper settings to select only the fields you want, i.e. writer, director, and actors, then select the movies you want to update, and choose the (re)scrape option for NFO only, it will do what you want. I do this when updating cast, ratings/votes, etc.

1) Shall I assume that selecting Cast will honor the Miscellaneous settings for cast, actors and crew?

Still right clicking is more convenient and faster than having to change settings each time.

I use global locks for a couple fields, and I use the misc settings for cast and it all seems to work fine for me. I recommend testing it on a movie or two just to make certain for your setup, but I think you'll find it works as you need it to.

I agree, it could potentially be a bit easier, but the functionality is there and it works, and it's all in the GUI, so I'd rather see Dan and M. work on things that aren't working or new things vs. this functionality, don't you think?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-02-22

API Library for RottenTomatoes... done, working Smile

not all the API implemented as I'm not interested.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-21, 23:20)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 22:07)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 18:51)Randall Lind Wrote: I had a strange issue last night. After 4 days of transferring TV Shows to new drives and reloading them all my logo's were missing. I had to set the art down loader to down load off the web to get them back. They were in the folders so no idea why XBMC art download program would not scan them. I had to switch from Aeon to Neon GIT in order to fix it.

With Frodo you always have to run Artwork downloader even if you have local artwork.

You should know this already

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116941&pid=1306673#pid1306673

The issue if you read was Art Download program scan and ignore logo's from local folders. I had to set it to re-download off the web for the logo's to show again.

I know what you said maybe you should read things more closely because there's another link in the link I posted in the bit you quoted previously that says
Quote:Take a look here for a better explanation.

In that better explanation your find
Quote:The "use local files" option in AD doesn't mean what you think it means.

Sequence AD works:

1. Searches fanart.tv for artwork for movie/tv show
2. Checks if there is already an existing URL link in your DB for the artwork, if the link exists it will do nothing and move on to next item
3. If there is no URL link, it will check for "use local files" setting and if enabled will download artwork from fanart.tv and set the file in your DB, if setting is disabled it will just use the URL link directly

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 21:18)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote:

Sequence AD works:

2. Checks if there is already an existing URL link in your DB for the artwork, if the link exists it will do nothing and move on to next item
3. If there is no URL link, it will check for "use local files" setting and if enabled will download artwork from fanart.tv and set the file in your DB, if setting is disabled it will just use the URL link directly

I'm still baffled why these changes went in like this, personally. What I read from this is no matter what, your local files will not be used, and you're left at the mercy of what AD [randomly] picks off the site in batch mode, unless you want to change each and every item manually using AD. The only thing the "use local files" setting does is download a local copy from the website vs. setting XBMC to retrieve a copy via HTTP from fanart.tv when needed. Did I misunderstand how things work?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - pcvii - 2013-02-23

i noticed Attack.of.the.Show.2013.01.23.FINAL.x264.OzQuant

emm is picking this single file as 2 different episodes one of season 20 episode 13 and season 2 episode 64. I wouldn't mind if it only picked one but it picked 2 for 1 file and then when i tried to get the correct season 9 episode 9 from thetvdb (using change episode) it said no known episodes of this show rescrape and try again. I'm using 1.3.0.9

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - strikervi - 2013-02-23

the .x264 is gumming it up Smile
season 2 ep 64
i would trim the filename , and it should scrape in just fine

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-02-23

(2013-02-22, 22:49)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 21:18)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote:

Sequence AD works:

I'm still baffled why these changes went in like this, personally. What I read from this is no matter what, your local files will not be used, and you're left at the mercy of what AD [randomly] picks off the site in batch mode, unless you want to change each and every item manually using AD. The only thing the "use local files" setting does is download a local copy from the website vs. setting XBMC to retrieve a copy via HTTP from fanart.tv when needed. Did I misunderstand how things work?

I don't care for AD but it is what it is.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-02-23

(2013-02-22, 19:04)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 17:28)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 04:34)deh2k7 Wrote: I was scraping cast and actors earlier this evening with no issues, as well as updating some posters. Granted it wasn't a full scrape with no previous NFO, but I was getting info back.

I use global locks for a couple fields, and I use the misc settings for cast and it all seems to work fine for me. I recommend testing it on a movie or two just to make certain for your setup, but I think you'll find it works as you need it to.

I agree, it could potentially be a bit easier, but the functionality is there and it works, and it's all in the GUI, so I'd rather see Dan and M. work on things that aren't working or new things vs. this functionality, don't you think?

Thank you again deh2k7!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-02-23

(2013-02-23, 08:25)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 22:49)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 21:18)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote: In that better explanation your find

I don't care for AD but it is what it is.

This statement has baffled me from the beginning as well. Is everyone sure there aren't any missing words or typos here?
Quote:3. If there is no URL link, it will check for "use local files" setting and if enabled will download artwork from fanart.tv and set the file in your DB, if setting is disabled it will just use the URL link directly

Shouldn't it have read like this:
3. If there is no URL link, it will check for "use local files" setting and if enabled will use them. Otherwise it will download artwork from fanart.tv and set the file in your DB, if setting is disabled it will just use the URL link directly.