Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-03-01

(2013-03-01, 05:11)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 05:07)Randall Lind Wrote: 1.3.0.10 crashes on me when scraping movies and I get advancesetting,xml denied errors also. I right click on ember folder and unchecked read only so no idea. I disable TMDB and stop crash but still getting advancesetting errors

This is most likely a windows permissions issue. You'll need to make sure the EMM parent folder and all child folders have either Full or Modify permissions.

I need to uncheck read only for userdata folder? I never had an issue with this until 1.3.0.9

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - strikervi - 2013-03-01

Hi guys, posting again here with a strange issue
posted kinda the same thing in the ME Manager about editing genres
heres an example

TV Shows
snip code
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<tvshow>
  <state>1</state>
  <title>A Certain Scientific Railgun</title>
  <id>114921</id>
  <mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>
  <genre>Animation / Science-Fiction</genre>
  <imdbid>tt1515996</imdbid>
  <plot>etc.etc.....

if i ADD/CHANGE ( by selecting/remove/modify an additional genre from the list, and saving the show), they stay, but editing / saving eats the imdb field,Adds a boxeetvdb field ( which is always empty...) and the xmlns ... schtuff..

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<tvshow xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <id>114921</id>
  <boxeeTvDb />
  <rating>9.1</rating>
  <genre>Adult</genre>
  <genre>Adventure</genre>
  <genre>Animation</genre>
  <genre>Anime</genre>
  <genre>Science-Fiction</genre>
  <mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>

is there a bug in the system ? is it adding and removing fields incorrectly?
out of the box config
clicking frodo, and adding my sources, so i havent changed any other checkboxes in the ui.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DeadDuck - 2013-03-01

I'm having another problem with 1.3.0.9 and I had hoped that 1.3.0.10 would fix it... unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. Since 1.3.0.9, no fanart images are being saved at all after scraping. If I manually search image and pass the URL in dialog box of "Change Fanart (download)" then it works, but not when scraped. Posters and NFO files are generated and saved, so it's not directory write permissions issue. This is on Windows 7 x64 SP1 and my movies that are being scraped are on different machine (Windows 8 x64, accessed via network shared folder). This wasn't an issue prior to 1.3.0.9 so I think something might have changed in regards to fanart feature.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Suprnaut - 2013-03-01

Great update so far. Still doesn't fix my issue though Sad When I generate a website with Cocotus's v 1.70 template it looks amazing, but it doesn't seem to be able to sort by newest first yet. When I click on it gives me a seemingly random list.

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-03-01

(2013-03-01, 06:40)DeadDuck Wrote: I'm having another problem with 1.3.0.9 and I had hoped that 1.3.0.10 would fix it... unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. Since 1.3.0.9, no fanart images are being saved at all after scraping. If I manually search image and pass the URL in dialog box of "Change Fanart (download)" then it works, but not when scraped. Posters and NFO files are generated and saved, so it's not directory write permissions issue. This is on Windows 7 x64 SP1 and my movies that are being scraped are on different machine (Windows 8 x64, accessed via network shared folder). This wasn't an issue prior to 1.3.0.9 so I think something might have changed in regards to fanart feature.

I don't have any problems with fanarts. Try a new install of Ember.
Any errors in log?

(2013-03-01, 05:33)strikervi Wrote: Hi guys, posting again here with a strange issue
posted kinda the same thing in the ME Manager about editing genres
heres an example

TV Shows
snip code
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<tvshow>
  <state>1</state>
  <id>114921</id>
  <mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>
  <genre>Animation / Science-Fiction</genre>
  <imdbid>tt1515996</imdbid>
  <plot>etc.etc.....

if i ADD/CHANGE ( by selecting/remove/modify an additional genre from the list, and saving the show), they stay, but editing / saving eats the imdb field,Adds a boxeetvdb field ( which is always empty...) and the xmlns ... schtuff..

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<tvshow xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <id>114921</id>
  <boxeeTvDb />
  <rating>9.1</rating>
  <genre>Adult</genre>
  <genre>Adventure</genre>
  <genre>Animation</genre>
  <genre>Anime</genre>
  <genre>Science-Fiction</genre>
  <mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>

is there a bug in the system ? is it adding and removing fields incorrectly?
out of the box config
clicking frodo, and adding my sources, so i havent changed any other checkboxes in the ui.

What's the way you add the boxee id? With a external tool or with the editor in edit movie/show windows?

(2013-03-01, 05:14)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 05:11)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 05:07)Randall Lind Wrote: 1.3.0.10 crashes on me when scraping movies and I get advancesetting,xml denied errors also. I right click on ember folder and unchecked read only so no idea. I disable TMDB and stop crash but still getting advancesetting errors

This is most likely a windows permissions issue. You'll need to make sure the EMM parent folder and all child folders have either Full or Modify permissions.

I need to uncheck read only for userdata folder? I never had an issue with this until 1.3.0.9

Remove read only from the Ember folder.
And btw, the advancedsettings error can be ignored.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-03-01

(2013-03-01, 00:22)pritect Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 00:20)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 00:01)pritect Wrote: Here is another mirror from sweden http://dump.eriklarsson.eu/Ember_1.3.0.10.zip

And I still get this errormessage on my windows server 2008 r2 machine

Do i need any aditional components to make it run?

I will check this tomorrow on my own 2008 R2

Very nice, the server is freshly installed, so I haven't tried it before. Please let me know if i can assist in any way, logfiles or something

Work on my 2008R2:

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - PogMoThoin - 2013-03-01

My question got buried in there with the release of the new version

(2013-02-28, 22:56)PogMoThoin Wrote: I have just added trailers, thanks all. Is there any easy way to force XBMC to check the Nfo for missing info

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - pritect - 2013-03-01

(2013-03-01, 10:17)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 00:22)pritect Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 00:20)DanCooper Wrote: I will check this tomorrow on my own 2008 R2

Very nice, the server is freshly installed, so I haven't tried it before. Please let me know if i can assist in any way, logfiles or something

Work on my 2008R2:

Strange, but i don't have the visual c++ 2008 installed, only 2010. Maybe that causing the issue? will try to install 2008 when i get access to the server

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-03-01

(2013-03-01, 10:25)pritect Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 10:17)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 00:22)pritect Wrote: Very nice, the server is freshly installed, so I haven't tried it before. Please let me know if i can assist in any way, logfiles or something

Work on my 2008R2:

Strange, but i don't have the visual c++ 2008 installed, only 2010. Maybe that causing the issue? will try to install 2008 when i get access to the server

The most in Ember is VB/.net3.5. You have install the last .net Framework?

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - pritect - 2013-03-01

(2013-03-01, 11:57)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 10:25)pritect Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 10:17)DanCooper Wrote: Work on my 2008R2:

The most in Ember is VB/.net3.5. You have install the last .net Framework?

Yes, i have .net framework 4.5

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DeadDuck - 2013-03-01

(2013-03-01, 08:54)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 06:40)DeadDuck Wrote: I'm having another problem with 1.3.0.9 and I had hoped that 1.3.0.10 would fix it... unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. Since 1.3.0.9, no fanart images are being saved at all after scraping. If I manually search image and pass the URL in dialog box of "Change Fanart (download)" then it works, but not when scraped. Posters and NFO files are generated and saved, so it's not directory write permissions issue. This is on Windows 7 x64 SP1 and my movies that are being scraped are on different machine (Windows 8 x64, accessed via network shared folder). This wasn't an issue prior to 1.3.0.9 so I think something might have changed in regards to fanart feature.

I don't have any problems with fanarts. Try a new install of Ember.
Any errors in log?

No errors in the log, however, I did a temporary install in a new folder and setup my sources again and fanart does work now. Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - blondeshanks - 2013-03-01

Hi,

Just trying EMM 1.3.0.10 and trailer downloading appears to still not work as I am still getting an empty list on available formats?

Any help appreciated, or if any other info required please let me know

Thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-03-01

What's the point of fanart.tv for movies only? When enable movies says nothing found.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - steve1977 - 2013-03-01

First of all, thanks for keeping Ember alive. Thanks! One question:

(2013-02-28, 23:17)DanCooper Wrote: added: Trakt.tv Playcount Sync (Settings->Miscellaneuos) thx to cocotus

Any chance to have ember sync movie collection with trakt and not only the playcount?

Also, what exactly does the playcount sync does?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-03-01

I have confirmed the following:on 3 PC's. One is my laptop with Win7 Pro SP1 that was an existing install of v1.3.09. The other 2 are PC's with fresh installs of Windows XP Pro SP2 and all updates. No other programs including EMM are installed.

If EMM is installed with the Frodo options checked, then movies with <movie>-fanart.jpg and <movie>-poster.jpg are the only ones it sees artwork for. So it does not see artwork for fanart.jpg or poster.jpg. If after completing the wizard I enable poster.jpg and fanart.jpg as well, then artwork for all movies shows up. If I then click Update Library all artwork is still showing. However, if I then F5 Refresh on ANY movie regardless of <movie> or not, then just the main fanart disappears.

However, if EMM is installed without using the Frodo setting, then no missing artwork.

Bulk Renamer will only list movies the EMM recognizes fanart for.

Actors are not being scraped regardless of settings.

As reported earlier Export Movie List has issues with the Source Folder Filter not working and with New and Reset buttons unusable.

Also as another user reported none of the fanart images are checked by default when scrapping, were with v1.3.0.9 and earlier they were.