Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-03-01

(2013-03-01, 02:00)Pr.Sinister Wrote: When manually scraping, there used to be a way to put a checkmark on all fanarts to save them at extrathumbs.

Will look into it

(2013-03-01, 03:03)strikervi Wrote: quickie " just a fyi"
i think im in 120 dpi the wizard looks like this.

OUCH. We have sized everything for 96 dpi we cannot resize all for 120.
Maybe I can check a dynamic resize but I'm not too optimistic as there are thousands of controls.

(2013-03-01, 16:27)blondeshanks Wrote: Hi,

Just trying EMM 1.3.0.10 and trailer downloading appears to still not work as I am still getting an empty list on available formats?

Any help appreciated, or if any other info required please let me know

Thanks

Please when you have problems with a part of a scraper detail which scraper you're using, native, TMDB or XML
Now the trailer are get from both native and TMDB

(2013-03-01, 16:39)Randall Lind Wrote: What's the point of fanart.tv for movies only? When enable movies says nothing found.

HEHEHE... working on it

One question what do you mean with for movies only?
do you want to add it for TV Shows too? isn't theTVDB enough?

(2013-03-01, 19:13)Pr.Sinister Wrote: <bug>
Ember does not detect local trailers that have a .mov extension
</bug>

Is not a bug, is a feature Smile
Where do your expect ember to find the trailers?

(2013-03-01, 02:00)Pr.Sinister Wrote: When manually scraping, there used to be a way to put a checkmark on all fanarts to save them at extrathumbs.

Will look into it

(2013-03-01, 03:03)strikervi Wrote: quickie " just a fyi"
i think im in 120 dpi the wizard looks like this.

OUCH. We have sized everything for 96 dpi we cannot resize all for 120.
Maybe I can check a dynamic resize but I'm not too optimistic as there are thousands of controls.

(2013-03-01, 16:27)blondeshanks Wrote: Hi,

Just trying EMM 1.3.0.10 and trailer downloading appears to still not work as I am still getting an empty list on available formats?

Any help appreciated, or if any other info required please let me know

Thanks

Please when you have problems with a part of a scraper detail which scraper you're using, native, TMDB or XML
Now the trailer are get from both native and TMDB

(2013-03-01, 16:39)Randall Lind Wrote: What's the point of fanart.tv for movies only? When enable movies says nothing found.

HEHEHE... working on it

One question what do you mean with for movies only?
do you want to add it for TV Shows too? isn't theTVDB enough?

(2013-03-01, 19:13)Pr.Sinister Wrote: <bug>
Ember does not detect local trailers that have a .mov extension
</bug>

Is not a bug, is a feature Smile
Where do your expect ember to find the trailers?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-03-01

I thought fanart.tv was just for clear art . logos etc for TV shows BTW didn't find anything, I also can't get the movie db to work. So how do I set it up to work?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ynksbsbll2 - 2013-03-02

I think my question got buried underneath everything else, so I'll give it another go:

Maybe I'm missing the option, but is there a way to prevent the .actors folder from being created when I scrape a movie? I want the actor links in the NFO file, but not that folder. Thanks in advance.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - pritect - 2013-03-02

(2013-03-01, 12:04)pritect Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 11:57)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 10:25)pritect Wrote: Strange, but i don't have the visual c++ 2008 installed, only 2010. Maybe that causing the issue? will try to install 2008 when i get access to the server

The most in Ember is VB/.net3.5. You have install the last .net Framework?

Yes, i have .net framework 4.5

Still got the issue, are there any logfile anywhere that I can use to find out what causing this?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-03-02

(2013-03-01, 21:20)Suprnaut Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 19:43)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 18:45)Suprnaut Wrote: Thanks. I would be so happy if you could get this to work.

I assumed the date issue was related to the feature request roadmapped for 3.1.1
http://ember.purplepig.net/issues/6

For sorting I used the DateAdded value of each movie in Ember - this value represents the date when you added the movie to the database. This means if you deleted or rebuild your Ember database, the datestamps will be resetted. I had this problem before: I deleted my complete Ember database, then scanned my movie collection again and then and all dates were the same - thats why it seems that the sort function don't work, because all dates are the same.

To avoid that, we could save the DateAdded value to the nfo of each movie so even when you rebuild your Ember database it will have/use the old values.

Ok, I used a powershell script to change all the modified dates of the folders to set it to the oldest file inside the directory. This fixed the date issue with Ember. So now when I import and filter based on date it is correct. That doesn't translate to the website.

Is there an automated way to add the date to the nfos?

Also I tried removing the 20 newest movies from the folder prior to running ember. I then ran a movie export to html. Then I added the 20 movies back into the folder, rescanned with Ember, and re-exported. That didn't work either. It still showed a random order when I click on Newest Files.

I think you misunderstood - With DateAdded I didn't mean the date of file/folder attributes of the movies, but the internal database field in Ember which is named "DateAdded". This date is set once you import the movie the first time in the database of Ember. The problem is that this date is NOT safed in NFO of movie like other values. So whenever you delete and readd the movie to the databas, this date will be set to current time - which is not what we want I guess. I think I will add ability to Ember to save this field to nfo and if you rebuild your database it will consider the saved value from nfo.

(2013-03-01, 04:01)Randall Lind Wrote: Trakt.TV is cool do you plan to add TV Shows also?

Will look into it - so maybe in 1.3.11 let's see Wink

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - strikervi - 2013-03-02

(2013-03-01, 19:02)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 18:11)strikervi Wrote: wow , lots of questions LSmile

quick reply for dan - i dont have any boxee info in my setup at all.
literally a fresh install , click the frodos, ( tv, movie) and add my sources

ill peek in the UI for anything, but since its empty , im sure it gets ignored.

MC has support for/( or just does it) scraping with both tvdb and imdb which i assume my dual ids are coming from , and i kinda like it , since if one goes or isnt avail , it still has something to scrape on.

i posted in ME forum that it changing the genre there trashes both ids leaving 0 to id the show
(http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136333&pid=1352259#pid1352259)

Sorry, I do not understand your problem. My English is not so good and you mixed genres here with boxee id's.
Please specify your question clearly Big Grin

the 2 code snips were examples of what happens to the nfo after modifying / adding / removing a genre
it is the same show as in a before and after save
emm removes the information and adds the empty boxee field.

if i ADD/CHANGE ( by selecting/remove/modify an additional genre from the list, and saving the show), the new genre(s) stay, but eats the imdb field,Adds a boxeetvdb field and the xmlns ... schtuff..

i linked the post i did for mediaelch as it removes both the imdbid and the id field leaving them blank ( ignore that one for you Dan.)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - steve1977 - 2013-03-02

(2013-03-01, 16:58)DanCooper Wrote: You can use the trakt.tv plugin in XBMC to sync what you have watched

I am aware of this, but don't really like the plugin (not too stable, not possible to remove movies from trakt collection if they are removed from xbmc library). So, would be great if this could be done through Ember instead.

(2013-03-01, 16:58)DanCooper Wrote: and sync back to Ember to mark the movies and (tv shows?) as watched.

I like this functionality. Will the NFO file be altered automatically by Ember once the sync back happen from trakt?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - boblinthewild - 2013-03-02

MC has support for/( or just does it) scraping with both tvdb and imdb which i assume my dual ids are coming from , and i kinda like it , since if one goes or isnt avail , it still has something to scrape on.

i posted in ME forum that it changing the genre there trashes both ids leaving 0 to id the show

Sorry, I do not understand your problem. My English is not so good and you mixed genres here with boxee id's.

Dan,

I also have this problem. I first noticed it in 1.3.0.9 when I saw that one of the available modules was Boxee compatibility. I enabled that module and saw the Boxee ID information was populated in the .nfo file that EMM generates. I later decided to disable that module, but every .nfo EMM generates still has the empty entry (< boxeeTvDb />). Even if I delete that empty entry, when I regenerate the .nfo file it shows up again.

I just installed 1.3.0.10 and saw that the Boxee compatibility module is no longer in the list of available modules. I thought if I deleted the <boxeeTvDb /> entry and regenerated the .nfo file using 1.3.0.10, that entry would not reappear, but it does.

It's possible a clean install will solve the problem - I haven't tried that, and hope I don't have to since I have too many media files that required manual intervention to get the right match and .nfo generated.

Does that make sense?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Pr.Sinister - 2013-03-02

(2013-03-02, 00:32)ynksbsbll2 Wrote: I think my question got buried underneath everything else, so I'll give it another go:

Maybe I'm missing the option, but is there a way to prevent the .actors folder from being created when I scrape a movie? I want the actor links in the NFO file, but not that folder. Thanks in advance.

Settings | Movies | Scrapers - Images & Trailers | Remove Checkmarks from Enable Actors Cache and Do not save URLs to NFO

HTH

-Pr.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - boblinthewild - 2013-03-02

(2013-03-02, 03:50)boblinthewild Wrote:

Dan,

I also have this problem. I first noticed it in 1.3.0.9 when I saw that one of the available modules was Boxee compatibility. I enabled that module and saw the Boxee ID information was populated in the .nfo file that EMM generates. I later decided to disable that module, but every .nfo EMM generates still has the empty entry (< boxeeTvDb />). Even if I delete that empty entry, when I regenerate the .nfo file it shows up again.

I just installed 1.3.0.10 and saw that the Boxee compatibility module is no longer in the list of available modules. I thought if I deleted the <boxeeTvDb /> entry and regenerated the .nfo file using 1.3.0.10, that entry would not reappear, but it does.

It's possible a clean install will solve the problem - I haven't tried that, and hope I don't have to since I have too many media files that required manual intervention to get the right match and .nfo generated.

Does that make sense?

One correction - I think the module that used to be called Boxee compatibility was renamed YAMJ compatibility in 1.3.0.10. But the settings for that module are the same as for the module called Boxee compatibility in 1.3.0.7 and 1.3.0.9. FWIW, the module seems to work as advertised - i.e., the ID is put into the <boxeeTvDb> field instead of the <id> field, which effectively results in the Boxee Box not using the <id> in its own scraper. But when I disable this module, the empty <boxeeTvDb /> field continues to be written to every .nfo file.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - BoxeeUser - 2013-03-02

Im having an issue with scraping TV shows. It is not working at all for me. I had the same issue with 1.3.0.9 as well, just never bothered to look into it in hopes that the new version would fix my issue. When it tries to find a TV show it does not come up with any results. Also, when i try to manually search or enter a tvdb id number manually, that does not work either. When i look in the settings I do not have any Native TV scraper settings available. Am I missing something? Since it is just not finding any results it does not generate an error log. Any help would be appreciated.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ynksbsbll2 - 2013-03-02

(2013-03-02, 04:06)Pr.Sinister Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 00:32)ynksbsbll2 Wrote: I think my question got buried underneath everything else, so I'll give it another go:

Settings | Movies | Scrapers - Images & Trailers | Remove Checkmarks from Enable Actors Cache and Do not save URLs to NFO

HTH

-Pr.

I figured that was it, but I already have them unchecked and it's still creating them. I'll try a fresh install and see how that works out. Thanks for the response.

Edit: Even on a fresh install Ember creates the .actors folder despite that option being deselected in the settings.

Edit #2: I notice that if I'm in the settings and put a checkmark next to "Enable Actors Cache" the Apply button on the button doesn't activate. However, checking or unchecking any other setting causes it to activate as expected. Maybe there's something going on there that Dan Cooper can look at, provided I'm not the only one having this issue

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Suprnaut - 2013-03-02

(2013-03-02, 01:10)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 21:20)Suprnaut Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 19:43)Cocotus Wrote: For sorting I used the DateAdded value of each movie in Ember - this value represents the date when you added the movie to the database. This means if you deleted or rebuild your Ember database, the datestamps will be resetted. I had this problem before: I deleted my complete Ember database, then scanned my movie collection again and then and all dates were the same - thats why it seems that the sort function don't work, because all dates are the same.

To avoid that, we could save the DateAdded value to the nfo of each movie so even when you rebuild your Ember database it will have/use the old values.

Ok, I used a powershell script to change all the modified dates of the folders to set it to the oldest file inside the directory. This fixed the date issue with Ember. So now when I import and filter based on date it is correct. That doesn't translate to the website.

Also I tried removing the 20 newest movies from the folder prior to running ember. I then ran a movie export to html. Then I added the 20 movies back into the folder, rescanned with Ember, and re-exported. That didn't work either. It still showed a random order when I click on Newest Files.

I think you misunderstood - With DateAdded I didn't mean the date of file/folder attributes of the movies, but the internal database field in Ember which is named "DateAdded". This date is set once you import the movie the first time in the database of Ember. The problem is that this date is NOT safed in NFO of movie like other values. So whenever you delete and readd the movie to the databas, this date will be set to current time - which is not what we want I guess. I think I will add ability to Ember to save this field to nfo and if you rebuild your database it will consider the saved value from nfo.

(2013-03-01, 04:01)Randall Lind Wrote: Trakt.TV is cool do you plan to add TV Shows also?

I see what u are saying, but that is why I tried to manually remove the 20 newest movies then add them later and it still didn't work. I noticed that the generated HTML saves the path and file name as variables. Would it be possible to use those variables to get the timestamp of the movie and sort based on that?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-03-02

(2013-03-02, 05:33)Suprnaut Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 01:10)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 21:20)Suprnaut Wrote: Ok, I used a powershell script to change all the modified dates of the folders to set it to the oldest file inside the directory. This fixed the date issue with Ember. So now when I import and filter based on date it is correct. That doesn't translate to the website.

I see what u are saying, but that is why I tried to manually remove the 20 newest movies then add them later and it still didn't work. I noticed that the generated HTML saves the path and file name as variables. Would it be possible to use those variables to get the timestamp of the movie and sort based on that?

I don't think thats possibly with javascript, since you do not have access to the local filesystem for security reasons with javascript. But I like your idea, so I will add a setting in Ember, so when your database is built it will respect the FileBuilt Attribute of the videofile instead of just setting the current date. This should work and we can rebuilt/remove movies from database without losing sort ability

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Suprnaut - 2013-03-02

(2013-03-02, 09:32)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 05:33)Suprnaut Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 01:10)Cocotus Wrote: I think you misunderstood - With DateAdded I didn't mean the date of file/folder attributes of the movies, but the internal database field in Ember which is named "DateAdded". This date is set once you import the movie the first time in the database of Ember. The problem is that this date is NOT safed in NFO of movie like other values. So whenever you delete and readd the movie to the databas, this date will be set to current time - which is not what we want I guess. I think I will add ability to Ember to save this field to nfo and if you rebuild your database it will consider the saved value from nfo.

I don't think thats possibly with javascript, since you do not have access to the local filesystem for security reasons with javascript. But I like your idea, so I will add a setting in Ember, so when your database is built it will respect the FileBuilt Attribute of the videofile instead of just setting the current date. This should work and we can rebuilt/remove movies from database without losing sort ability

That would be great. Exactly what I need (and I assume a lot of other people might prefer.) If it is a simple change please send it over once you figure it out. Thanks!