Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-03-11

(2013-03-11, 20:27)pfp_az Wrote: and now for my stupid question of the day...

Where?

hehehe
on the +/- button Smile

(2013-03-11, 20:38)Dragen Wrote: Would be nice with a tvrage scraper.

hem for what? I do not know the site.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2013-03-12

(2013-03-06, 05:45)deh2k7 Wrote: I noticed that Ember seems to be stripping two fields (these came from another media editor).

The first is the <set> tag. I would like to see Ember be able to scrape this field from TMDB.

The second is the <TMDBID> tag. Might also be a good thing to populate in the nfo, as a backup for the <ID> tag (IMDB ID).

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

This part of an earlier post got lost in the shuffle when we were discussing naming conventions for artwork. Dan or M., can you confirm this behavior on your end?

Also, are you thinking about adding support for tags?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - pfp_az - 2013-03-12

I'm using Ember to scrape for YAMJ so I'm not sure if this affects XBMC too.

I've noticed an issue when scraping writers.
Using 1.3.10 writers are saved to the NFO like this:
Code:
<credits>Chris Marker</credits>
  <credits>David Webb Peoples</credits>

YAMJ is expecting it to look like this:
Code:
<credits>
    <writer>Chris Marker</writer>
    <writer>David Webb Peoples</writer>
  </credits>

If this only affects YAMJ would it be possible to get a switch on the YAMJ compatibility module to save writers in the YAMJ format.

Thank you

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Hecatonchieres - 2013-03-12

I have a self made issue that I would appreciate any help on...

I, over the course of several years, have been naming my movies with the following convention "Terminator (2) Judgement Day [R][1992][1080p].mkv" and then putting them in a same named folder minus the extension. There are several reasons I used this convention as I can assign permissions for different media boxes throughout the house with scripts and it allows me to print lists for movies that I need to update to higher res/quality as well as keeping movie titles/series in order for older boxes that don't support NFO ordering.

When I scrape/rescrape movies or do a NFO update Ember pulls the movies into the IMDB scrapper as
"Terminator (2) Judgement Day [R]"

Which brings up all kinds of non-matching titles and forces me to manually enter a title, which is a pain in the rear if I want to do NFO updates or add several titles at once.

Is there anyway through the settings (xml edit or other) that I can filter out things like [G],[PG],[PG-13],[R] as well as [DVD],[480p],[720p],[1080p] when scrapping ? ? ?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-03-12

(2013-03-11, 17:23)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-03-11, 16:26)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-03-11, 16:12)m.savazzi Wrote: Do not understand the question, can you clarify more ?

The idea was to show the original content as the one saved was always recompressed.
With Cocotus change if the format is "original" the content should not be recompressed so is not useful anymore.

Hoping this helps

Thank you m.savazzi for responding.

1) The embedded links I'm referring to are the actor links in the nfo. If I've downloaded the actual actor thumbs, does xbmc or addons like the ones mentioned, use the links or look at and use the thumbs in the .actors folder to display information on the actors?

Ha! good question. This I honestly do not know. I think it depends on the plugin.
In my understanding from the previous posts Frodo and some of the skins should look for the actor thumbs the .Actors folder but I've not tested it
(I'm still fixing EMM I've not started to customize XBMC Blush)

(2013-03-11, 16:26)CaptainKen Wrote: 2) It just seems inconsistent that everything in EMM represents what is downloaded, but the actors thumbs do not. When you say "not useful anymore" do you mean that if "enable actors cache" is enabled the actor thumbs in the preview screen will draw from what is downloaded rather than what the links represent? For instance, I was hoping to use the actors preview to tell me which movies I hadn't downloaded actors for.
EMM has changed quite a little bit through time and developers Big Grin it is possible that original version was not downloading the actors while now is able.
I think we have not looked into it to see if is working correctly or not.

Thank you m.savazzi and Dan!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2013-03-12

i think i'm missing something.

i have several mini-series and tv-movies multipart.
Named like this:
  • Children of Dune (CD 1)
  • Children of Dune (CD 2)
  • Children of Dune (CD 3)

in ember setting i have checked <movie>.nfo (stack) but i get new files named like:

*Children of Dune.dvd (2000).avi
*Children of Dune (CD 2).avi
*Children of Dune (CD 3).avi

*Children of Dune.dvd (2000)-fanart.jpg
*Children of Dune.dvd (2000)-poster.jpg
*Children of Dune.dvd (2000).nfo
*Children of Dune.dvd (2000)-trailer.mp4

Is this correct?...will XBMC play in order?...should not be "Children of Dune (CD 1).avi" ??
What are the correct "stack" final names for the video files?...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-03-12

(2013-03-12, 14:39)orbtwin Wrote: i think i'm missing something.

Named like this:

in ember setting i have checked <movie>.nfo (stack) but i get new files named like:

Is this correct?...will XBMC play in order?...should not be "Children of Dune (CD 1).avi" ??

I think this is not 100% correct. The stacking is only for fanart, poster and nfo. I think this is a problem with the renamer and the $Y-setting.
The correct naming would probably be Children of Dune (CD 1) (2000).avi.

I work on renamer and will check that...

Named like this:

I recommend putting children of dune, and other TV mini series, in your TV library vs. your movie library. They'll generally scrape better, IMO.

For example, I have it like this in my TV Library:
Children of Dune S01E01
Children of Dune S01E02
Children of Dune S01E03

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-03-12

(2013-03-12, 16:28)deh2k7 Wrote:

Named like this:

I recommend putting children of dune, and other TV mini series, in your TV library vs. your movie library. They'll generally scrape better, IMO.

For example, I have it like this in my TV Library:
Children of Dune S01E01
Children of Dune S01E02
Children of Dune S01E03

I agree, your naming convention and structure can mess up a lot of stuff

CD 1 etc... are used for multipart movies (= 1 movie divided on multiple disks)
if you have a mini series this is a group of different movies so you should use S01E01 etc... or equivalent (I prefer this to the 01.x01 or others as is more explicit and avoid confusion).

Please note that you can combine them
movie1 S01E01 part1
movie1 S01E01 part2

is a multipart episode of a series Smile

(2013-03-12, 03:22)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2013-03-06, 05:45)deh2k7 Wrote: I noticed that Ember seems to be stripping two fields (these came from another media editor).

The first is the <set> tag. I would like to see Ember be able to scrape this field from TMDB.

The second is the <TMDBID> tag. Might also be a good thing to populate in the nfo, as a backup for the <ID> tag (IMDB ID).

This part of an earlier post got lost in the shuffle when we were discussing naming conventions for artwork. Dan or M., can you confirm this behavior on your end?

I already replied in the past: YES Smile
I want to use them but we have discovered a major issue: we need to fix all the scraping procedures first
then we can change the DB and NFO structure

changing them now will only require double patching .(

(2013-03-12, 03:47)pfp_az Wrote: I'm using Ember to scrape for YAMJ so I'm not sure if this affects XBMC too.

I've noticed an issue when scraping writers.
Using 1.3.10 writers are saved to the NFO like this:
Code:
<credits>Chris Marker</credits>
  <credits>David Webb Peoples</credits>

YAMJ is expecting it to look like this:
Code:
<credits>
    <writer>Chris Marker</writer>
    <writer>David Webb Peoples</writer>
  </credits>

If this only affects YAMJ would it be possible to get a switch on the YAMJ compatibility module to save writers in the YAMJ format.

Thank you

It appears to me to be Yamj related, have you checked with Ometron? usually he tries to keep the NFO compatible with XBMC
รน

(2013-03-12, 16:37)m.savazzi Wrote:

I already replied in the past: YES Smile
I want to use them but we have discovered a major issue: we need to fix all the scraping procedures first
then we can change the DB and NFO structure

changing them now will only require double patching .(

Thanks for the update. Not pushing for these changes right away, would rather that you take the right approach, like you are doing right now. Just looking forward to the updates Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2013-03-12

yes, indeed it is what I have done, treat this type of series / tv-movies / etc .. like mini-series or normal tv-series
is most effective with tvdb.com scraper
thanks for the tips.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Dragen - 2013-03-12

(2013-03-11, 20:48)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-03-11, 20:38)Dragen Wrote: Would be nice with a tvrage scraper.
hem for what? I do not know the site.

For whenever TheTVDB decide to be complete morons, which sadly happens a lot. TheTVDB can be completely unreliable when it comes to tv show details such as episode ordering or even season ordering (American Dad is in its 9th season on TheTVDB, while it is in its 8th according to everyone else including FOX.) The spinoff of Avatar: The Last Airbender, Avatar: The Legend of Korra, used to be the 4th season of Airbender. This was due to TheTVDB deeming universe-sharing TV shows as the same TV show, yet this didn't apply to any other show, such as Star Trek, Stargate, Syfyverse, etc etc. These are just examples I can remember now.

So it would be nice to have a different scraper to source from, when TheTVDB isn't reliable.

TVRage has a working API.

well TheTVDB is based on users providing the info Smile

We can work on it.

double post - removed

does anyone use the Extra thumb functionality?
does it work?
what is expected to do?