Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 17:20)jhhoffma Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 16:47)m.savazzi Wrote: What it means: it stops?
usually it should download and show the results.
Does it happens always on the same files?
Can you provide the exact folder name and file name of one of the file where it always happens?
I mean that EMM proceeds through the folders (you can see it at the bottom where it's processing different library items), but no scraping is being done (no art or nfo's are saved) and no errors are generated. I guess you could say it happens on the same files, as it's my entire library. The initial automated scan processed the first dozen or so, then stopped scraping them. I'm having to manually scrape the rest. I can run a "Scrape All Movies" but I think EMM doesn't register them since it thinks it's already scraped them, though there's no info in those folders. I use "Scrape - Movies Missing Items" to proceed with further automated scans.

This is very weird.

But I need to understand: it is always after the 12th movie? or is random?
if you delete all the movies from the library and update the library then it works?

can you send me the tree structure? (via PM)
something like
dir *.* /s > pip.txt
and send me pip.txt

(2013-03-14, 16:47)m.savazzi Wrote: which error? there could be a lot of errors that are not critical (i.e. a time out when downloading a fanart). Need more info
Again what it means: locks up?
The only error message I get is the one I posted on earlier (log file here).

Sorry I cannot read the image, is reduced. do you have the full quality?

(2013-03-14, 17:20)jhhoffma Wrote: Locks up means the program freezes and window will become a "Not Responding" condition, and windows will say the "Program has stopped working" like this (just pulled this as example):

that's bad! Have you tried leaving it alone for 10 min? as it uses a lot of threads it's possible Windows declared it locked even if is just working

(2013-03-14, 16:47)m.savazzi Wrote: It should not lock Smile but it makes no sense to have a set made of 2 identical movies, how you can distinguish them?
It should report and error... not lock
I sort of agree on the identical movies, and I worked around it by manually changing the title. I posted this just as an FYI. However, it does not generate anything in the log (that I've seen) and does the same thing as mentioned above ("Program has stopped working").

I'll check is for sure a bug.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - jhhoffma - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 17:37)m.savazzi Wrote: This is very weird.

if you delete all the movies from the library and update the library then it works?

something like
dir *.* /s > pip.txt
and send me pip.txt

Sent you pm containing tree structure and original error img.

The error seems pretty random when I've tried it from clean installs of 1.3.0.9 and 1.3.0.10 (but usually within the first 20 or so, though one time it did scan through everything but it was an earlier version that had a separate issue, I don't recall what it was), but I have not deleted everything from EMM to try it with current install. I gave up and tried some other media managers when I came across the set lockup issue along with the fact that EMM didn't seem to be updating my nfo's properly. However, that's working fine now, except the errors that keep occurring.

Now that I have nfo's and images for a good chunk of my movies, if I delete and rescan will I have to re-scrape everything or will it recognize and use my img/nfo's for it's db (sets, art, etc)? I'd hate to have to start from scratch...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - user321 - 2013-03-14

Third time lucky?

(2013-03-03, 22:15)user321 Wrote: Overly long question missed? (it's the second time I've asked for clarification on the trailer node but the first time in the Ember section).

(2013-03-01, 17:22)user321 Wrote: Hi,

Over the years my NFO files have been scraped with various version of Ember, and perhaps a few with Media Companion and this has resulted in a mixture of information in my trailer nodes. Where possible I download local trailers and store in each separate movie folder alongside the movie (<movie>-trailer.ext).

Here is an example of the types of information in my trailer nodes:
Code:
<trailer>M:\We Own the Night (2007)\We Own the Night (2007)-trailer.mov</trailer>
Code:
<trailer>http://www.totaleclips.com/Player/Bounce.aspx?eclipid=e25085&bitrateid=472&vendorid=102&type=.mp4</trailer>
Code:
<trailer>rtmp://amazonimdb.fcod.llnwd.net/a2643/o25/s/theaters/MV5/BMT/U5M/DIwMV5BMTU5MDIwNDYxMV5BNl5BZmx2XkFtZTcwMjc4OTYzNg4040?e=1319573908&h=1c79eb67b9972a86e18416f271004369</trailer>

So to my question:
Does XMBC read this trailer node when it imports movies? I usually map my NAS box to the drive letter M: but should the trailer node really contain a drive letter? This would mean ensuring the NAS is mapped to the same drive letter on your XBMC device, *and* the Windows computer you run Ember on. I do this anyway, but is this correct behaviour? Or does XMBC look for a trailer in the local folder and if it finds one ignores the trailer node in the nfo?

And another question. The scraping of trailers is confusing not least because there are about 50 trailer tickboxes and options Rofl :
Under:
Movies > Scrapers - Data > "Scraper Fields - Global" box/pane: the trailer tickbox is checked.
Movies > Scrapers - Data > Ember Native Movie Scrapers > "Scraper Fields - Scraper Specific" box/pane: the trailer tickbox is checked.
Movies > Scrapers - Images & Trailers > "Trailers" box/pane: the "Enable trailer support" tickbox is unchecked.
Movies > Scrapers - Images & Trailers > Ember Native Movie Scrapers > "Trailers" box/pane: enable trailer support is unchecked.

This is on a new download of Ember 1.3.10.

When I scrape a single new movie using these settings (delete nfo, reload movie, right click and rescrape), the trailer node is populated. Should it be if the above boxes are unticked? I'm not sure what's going on exactly. It's being added to the nfo even though two checkboxes are unticked?

Thanks again for all your hard work Dan Smile

EDIT: Suspect the two additional checkboxes control the DOWNLOAD of trailers only? Although the "only get URLs when scraping" option seems to conflict with this.

(2013-03-14, 18:15)jhhoffma Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 17:37)m.savazzi Wrote: This is very weird.

something like
dir *.* /s > pip.txt
and send me pip.txt

Sent you pm containing tree structure and original error img.

The error seems pretty random when I've tried it from clean installs of 1.3.0.9 and 1.3.0.10 (but usually within the first 20 or so, though one time it did scan through everything but it was an earlier version that had a separate issue, I don't recall what it was), but I have not deleted everything from EMM to try it with current install. I gave up and tried some other media managers when I came across the set lockup issue along with the fact that EMM didn't seem to be updating my nfo's properly. However, that's working fine now, except the errors that keep occurring.

Now that I have nfo's and images for a good chunk of my movies, if I delete and rescan will I have to re-scrape everything or will it recognize and use my img/nfo's for it's db (sets, art, etc)? I'd hate to have to start from scratch...

Before you delete everything make a copy of the EMM folder and of the one under c:\users\<username>\appdata\ember....
(somewhere there Smile).

It should reload all the information from NFO, files etc...

you just clean the DB and reload the info...
but you never know :O that's why I suggest a backup

AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-03-14

If anyone have problems with automatic scraping try my fix in post #3191.

hehehe you should put it in the signature Big Grin

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - jhhoffma - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 19:23)m.savazzi Wrote: Before you delete everything make a copy of the EMM folder and of the one under c:\users\<username>\appdata\ember....
(somewhere there Smile).

Deleting the DB and updating worked fine. Didn't solve the problem though. Still get the "treeview" error.

I've also tried using the DLL that DanCooper suggested, and that didn't seem to change anything either.

I do notice that when it comes across a file that will generate a lot of results from a search (Resident Evil, Salt, Rocky: maybe due to lots of sequels and results with the search term?) that seems to be when the system stops scraping and just continues to scan through the library without doing anything.

Partially related item is that if it does come across a movie with a condition as above, and it does manage to scrape it, it almost always does so incorrectly. "Rocky" scrapes as "ESPN Special: The Real Rocky", "Rocky V" scrapes as "Rocky Balboa", "Resident Evil" scrapes as "Resident Evil 6" (which isn't even out yet?), "Road Trip" scrapes as "Road Trip: Beer Pong".

(2013-03-14, 21:36)jhhoffma Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 19:23)m.savazzi Wrote: Before you delete everything make a copy of the EMM folder and of the one under c:\users\<username>\appdata\ember....
(somewhere there Smile).

Deleting the DB and updating worked fine. Didn't solve the problem though. Still get the "treeview" error.

I've also tried using the DLL that DanCooper suggested, and that didn't seem to change anything either.

I do notice that when it comes across a file that will generate a lot of results from a search (Resident Evil, Salt, Rocky: maybe due to lots of sequels and results with the search term?) that seems to be when the system stops scraping and just continues to scan through the library without doing anything.

Partially related item is that if it does come across a movie with a condition as above, and it does manage to scrape it, it almost always does so incorrectly. "Rocky" scrapes as "ESPN Special: The Real Rocky", "Rocky V" scrapes as "Rocky Balboa", "Resident Evil" scrapes as "Resident Evil 6" (which isn't even out yet?), "Road Trip" scrapes as "Road Trip: Beer Pong".

I've sent you some comments as I've seen your structure and the naming convention is messed up, so it's almost a miracle they are scraped correctly Big Grin

Via PM I've provided you more suggestions.

M

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-03-15

(2013-03-14, 19:47)m.savazzi Wrote: hehehe you should put it in the signature Big Grin

Yes, I know Confused I have forget to update the current version or make a separate link. Sorry! ! ! Big Grin

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - maeda - 2013-03-15

one quick question please

Is there any way one can put manually source (eg Bluray) but in bulk? so don't need to scrape all movies again, or manually add one by one

tnx

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-03-15

(2013-03-15, 09:28)maeda Wrote: one quick question please

Is there any way one can put manually source (eg Bluray) but in bulk? so don't need to scrape all movies again, or manually add one by one

tnx

How do you identify the blurays?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - jbrowne - 2013-03-15

auto identify blurays by the resolution ?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-03-15

(2013-03-15, 17:14)jbrowne Wrote: auto identify blurays by the resolution ?
not a good option...

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - maeda - 2013-03-15

(2013-03-15, 16:09)DanCooper Wrote: How do you identify the blurays?
Well i already know which ones are blurays cause i have it in folder name (think that's how amber knows through regexp?)
But now when i think about it, it would probably require a whole new feature for ember to be able to bulk write specific data/metadata according to your manual input Big Grin
Maybe there is some other program that can edit xmls in that way?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-03-15

Cocotus, wondering if you would consider adding an option in the Export Movie List to group by SET and sort by the SORT tags?